Lung cancer vaccine on its way to the USA

PLC1

Staff member
[h=1]Cuba’s Lung Cancer Vaccine Heading to the US[/h]

The loosening of the 54-year-old Cuba embargo made access to the vaccine in the U.S. possible.
The Cuban lung cancer vaccine, which has elicited rave reviews internationally, was tested for more than two decades and has been used regularly in the Caribbean nation since 2011. It has been used by more than 5,000 people worldwide, including 1,000 Cubans.
“The bottom line is that this vaccine works,” Dr. Kelvin Lee of the Tumor Immunology and Immunotherapy Program at Roswell Park said in the cancer center’s blog. “And the ease of administration, combined with the inexpensive cost, could make it a very attractive option in the United States.”

One must wonder how many US lives might have been saved had we lifted our absurd "embargo" sooner.

Werbung:
Wonder why it's not in greater use world wide ? Seems popular in the region but no mention of euro zone etc.
I don't know. It would seem like a good thing. It's not used in the US due to not having been approved by the FDA. The article just says 5,000 people have used it, but I can't find where it says where they're from.

I don't know. It would seem like a good thing. It's not used in the US due to not having been approved by the FDA. The article just says 5,000 people have used it, but I can't find where it says where they're from.
The only references the article provided were carribean.

As a cancer survivor....I can say that it is easy to get swept away with the idea of a cure for any sort of cancer...especially one as common as lung cancer...

Keep in mind that cuba still has the equivalent of a minister of propaganda. Here is a more realistic description of exactly where the drug stands.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abo...tell-me-about-the-cimavax-lung-cancer-vaccine. A vaccine or more effective treatment post diagnosis would be great, but all to often, a miracle cure has been promised for this cancer or that cancer and has failed to deliver.

It seems like more and more there seem to be these vaccines available, and then you really start to hear how the ones getting it are usually the people with money. For all we know there are successful cures out there for a lot of things, but trial runs and slowing down the process really does happen quite a bit. Interesting stuff, though.

It seems like more and more there seem to be these vaccines available, and then you really start to hear how the ones getting it are usually the people with money. For all we know there are successful cures out there for a lot of things, but trial runs and slowing down the process really does happen quite a bit. Interesting stuff, though.
Cuba isn't known for having a lot of wealthy people.

I've never heard anything about this vaccine before - I feel like there would have been more of an obvious push for it, surely, if it was as reliable as claimed?

Having known someone who passed as a result of lung cancer (not as a result of lifestyle choices but genetics, it seemed), I wish it was something that was legit but I just don't know...

Werbung:
I've never heard anything about this vaccine before - I feel like there would have been more of an obvious push for it, surely, if it was as reliable as claimed?

Having known someone who passed as a result of lung cancer (not as a result of lifestyle choices but genetics, it seemed), I wish it was something that was legit but I just don't know...
FDA has many rules and generally that's a good thing. They are also politial and unless a dementia company stands to profit they may just follow every one of those rules.

Back