M&M's Helps bring back "the Scream"!

palefrost

Did you guys read this? I saw this the other day with M&M's and to hear now they actually got the painting back is incredible lol. I wonder if M&M's is sweating having to pay out all that candy lol.

'The Scream' recovered ... was it the candy?
Police in Oslo, Norway say they've recovered Munch masterpiece after 2-year search; no comment on reward, M&Ms or otherwise.
August 31 2006: 6:45 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Norwegian police have recovered one of the world's most famous paintings, the expressionist work "The Scream" by Edvard Munch, they told CNN Thursday.
"All we can say is that the paintings are in the possession of the police. As soon as possible we will have a scientific evaluation, assessing the damage and so on, and then the paintings will be returned to their owners, which in this case is the Munch Museum," said Oslo Police District Information Advisor Jørn Jørgensen in a telephone interview from Norway.
[IMGAL=left]http://i.cnn.net/money/2006/08/31/news/funny/scream_painting/mms_scream_ad.03.jpg[/IMGAL]Part of the M&M advertising campaign."The Scream," along with another painting called "Madonna," were stolen from the Munch Museum in Oslo, Norway, in 2004 by masked gunmen during a daring daylight robbery. "Madonna" is also in possession of the police.
According to published reports, "The Scream" could be worth as much as $81 million. A reward of $300,000 was offered for its return by the City of Oslo, the official owner of the works, according to wire reports.
Ironically, the painting's recovery comes just days after M&M's launched a new ad campaign offering 2 million dark chocolate M&Ms for the return of the painting. (Full story)
No word from Oslo police on whether they will collect their candy reward.
M&M's says it has every intention of honoring its offer.
The company said 2 million candies is equal to about 40,000 bags of M&Ms, worth approximately $22,000.
The M&M's brand is owned by Masterfoods USA and is a part of closely held food manufacturer Mars, Inc.

Werbung:
Well that is just ingenious. I like the tactics used by M&M in this case, although it strikes me as funny at the same time.

I think I need to see the ad in its entirety because I'm not exactly seeing the "fun." Given the cleverness of some M&M ads, I know it's possible. What an amazing co-incidence in timing, though. Now, that's funny. :)

O.k. even if it is true I know I would not want that many m&m's. Now i would take the cash value of them. I gotta say though I think this was a pretty ingenious ad campaign. Might have got them alot more attention if they had not been found so soon. But I am glad the paintings were found.

I can't help but wonder if someone was sitting there with the knowledge of this priceless painting and thought "I got to have me some dark chocolate m & m's. Forget about that reward that has been posted. The chocolate made me do it."

True life is always stranger than fiction.

kelkat, you crack me up. If someone is that into chocolates then they have bigger problems than the stolen painting in their attic.

Yeah, like an endorphin dependency :p

"The phenylathalamine made me do it!"

Werbung:
I can't help but wonder if someone was sitting there with the knowledge of this priceless painting and thought "I got to have me some dark chocolate m & m's. Forget about that reward that has been posted. The chocolate made me do it."

True life is always stranger than fiction.
HaHa
It sure does make you wonder what would possess someone to overlook the reward and be drawn in by the chocolate.

Back