1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Man charged with grand larceny after spending millions the bank put into his account

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by kida, Feb 21, 2008.

1. kida

kida New Member

AP:
    Normally I would think, "Hey, if the bank puts the money in your account, and they say it's yours, they're the ones who should be getting in trouble, not you."

But really, if all of a sudden there are millions of dollars in your bank account, you don't just start spending it. You find out where it came from and why. This was just stupid on his part.

More info on the story here.

2. xboxundone

xboxundone New Member

*L* as the old saying goes if it is to good to be true then it is. :)

3. HannerAnna

HannerAnna New Member

i think this is wrong. it's kind of the man's fault for spending money he knew was not his, but maybe he thought he inherited it or something, i don't know.

but for sure the bank should get in trouble for this. it's their fault they put the money into the wrong account.

4. kida

kida New Member

While I agree that the bank should be held responsible for their mistake, the man is not totally in the clear. From the initial information, it doesn't seem like he tried to cover his bases at all. He just took advantage of the situation.