Mao, the Untold Story. Yung Chang

DrFelch

This is a book that most people could learn a tremendous amount from.
Few political leaders are as shrouded in mystery and myth as the dictator and homicidal war criminal Mao Tse Tung. His story is an object lesson on strategic geo politics, as well as abnormal psychology and the bizarre sets of circumstances and providence that contribute to modern day fascism.
Anyone who has studied Mao or Stalin will tell you that communism was simply a fad, or a smokescreen for them. A cynical charade used to fool the masses into surrendering ultimate power to them.
Reading this book illuminated my perspective enormously. I came away literally punching myself that I had not done more investigation and reading about politics until this rather late point in my life, and since then I have very actively tried to further educate myself in this area.
"Mao, The Untold Story" sets out to debunk and shed light on the truth of every myth and falsehood perpetuated to this day by the chinese "communist" government.
Some of the more fascinating points,

Mao's Red Army never once engaged the Japanese during the Sino-Japanese war. They simply followed behind, more or less, taking command of the regions the japanese could not garrison, but had cleard of Generalissimo Chiang's nationalist forces

The "Great Leap Forward" was an effort to gain the financial resources to
turn china into a military superpower. This was done by exporting and selling all agricultural products from china during this era, rusulting in almost universal famine, and the death of more that 10 million chinese.

The "Cultural Revolution" was not an effort to reform culture in any way, but to merely wipe it out, leaving the masses with blank, empty lives devoid of art or amusement, and totally dedicated to serving the state. Millions were imprisoned in labor camps or killed, including Deng Xioping,
merly for being artists, musicians or writers.

During the "Long March" Mao nearly bungled his way to the total elimination of the red army several times, and was only saved by a political situation that did not allow the nationalists to destroy them utterly, despite the fact they had the means to do so. (Thanks, Edgar Snow, you douchebag).
Chairman Mao himself was carried on a litter during the entire debacle, despite the fact that his troops were in utter disarray, and most had no shoes at the time.

The president of China under Mao, Chou En Lai, was nothing compared to Mao, even though he was the best diplomat in China, and Mao would have been lost without him. He lived the life of an indentured servant, was made to eat the scum off of raw sewage to "test" it to see if it could be safely fed to the citizens, and was denied treatment for the cancer that eventually killed him, because Mao was determined Chou would die first, so that he could not tell the tales the would destroy the Mao myths.

Even Stalin was shocked at the level of brutality and cruelty dispayed by Mao, to the point where he intentionally tried to subvert Mao's plans to aquire nuclear weapons, as well as other military assets.

Mao died peacefully in bed, but was responsible for the deaths of more than 70 million of his own citizens. Will GWB and Cheney be allowed to do the same?

Werbung:
Mao was a military genius, but an utterly awful administrator. He served leaders that followed him as an example of how not to run China. He did manage to keep all of China in one country, which few Chinese leaders managed to do. The Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution were two of his worst failures. But he also serves as a human symbol of China. There are statues of him everywhere and his face is on all the banknotes.

The cultural revolution did put the educated urban Chinese in contact with the rural peasants, giving them a better understanding of how a majority (then) of China supported itself. And from what the Chinese intelligentsia learned and what they taught the peasants, new ideas and a much more economically successful China emerged, beginning with Deng Shao Ping.

The leaders who followed Mao learned a lot from Mao about how NOT to create prosperity. They also carefully examined the economic successes of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan, Once the Vietnam war was over and Mao and his wife and cronies were dead, they kept Mao's image as a logo for an entirely new economic plan, now called "Communism with Chinese Characteristics", which has given the PRC the second largest economy on the planet within a period of about forty years.

It is certainly not a perfect society or system, but it is the best China has ever had in its 2500 year history.

The leaders who followed Mao learned a lot from Mao about how NOT to create prosperity. They also carefully examined the economic successes of Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea and Taiwan, Once the Vietnam war was over and Mao and his wife and cronies were dead, they kept Mao's image as a logo for an entirely new economic plan, now called "Communism with Chinese Characteristics", which has given the PRC the second largest economy on the planet within a period of about forty years.

It is certainly not a perfect society or system, but it is the best China has ever had in its 2500 year history.
China has proven that countries with human rights abuses, lack of individual freedoms and rights, and human slavery can prosper under certain types of fascist authoritarian leadership.

China has proven that countries with human rights abuses, lack of individual freedoms and rights, and human slavery can prosper under certain types of fascist authoritarian leadership.
China is not Fascist in any way. Fascism involves corporations deciding how the government is run., You are clueless about anything involving politics.

The fact is that China has developed its economy faster than any large country in history.

China is not Fascist in any way. Fascism involves corporations deciding how the government is run., You are clueless about anything involving politics.

The fact is that China has developed its economy faster than any large country in history.
OK. Let's assume that China is a free nation and there are no examples of slavery or human rights abuses by the tyrannical leaders. I don't happen to believe that but I do see why some people want to believe that.

1711391841766.png

China is not perfect, but neither is the USA.

China is a Communist dictatorship. But the US has an idiot telling us that he should be a dictator for a day.

China is not perfect, but neither is the USA.

China is a Communist dictatorship. But the US has an idiot telling us that he should be a dictator for a day.
The US dictator tells SCOTUS to go to hell because he is going to keep the borders open no matter how large a majority of Americans disapprove.

Saying that Mao's story is untold is absurd, like saying that Abraham Lincoln;s story is untold. There are dozens if not hundreds of books about Mao.

You remind me of Bill Clinton's famous attempt to evade by saying "That depends on what your definition of is is." Your dishonest claim that the open border is not open depends on what your definition of "open" is.
The definition of an open border would be on in which any random person from anywhere could enter the country unrestricted by any guard.

And that is not the case.

The reason for increased numbers of people wanting to enter is that this country has the lowest unemployment in many decades. It s a matter of supply and demand.

The demand is high and so is the supply.

It is precisely the same reason for the present boom in Wall Street. Investors from everywhere are investing in the US because the possibility of making a profit on Wall Street is higher than any other place where people can invest. And there are practically no restrictions on capital entering our country from abroad.

The definition of an open border would be on in which any random person from anywhere could enter the country unrestricted by any guard.
I oppose the type of closed Democrat borders that is currently flooding our nation with millions of unvetted invaders who must depend on Americans giving them free money and housing to survive.

I oppose the type of closed Democrat borders that is currently flooding our nation with millions of unvetted invaders who must depend on Americans giving them free money and housing to survive.
Those that seek asylum are given a chance to appear before an immigration judge if it is determined that they are actually persecuted in their home countries. The rest, which constitute the vast majority, are deported. You are ignorant of the process, much as you are ignorant of nearly everything else.

Werbung:
Those that seek asylum are given a chance to appear before an immigration judge if it is determined that they are actually persecuted in their home countries. The rest, which constitute the vast majority, are deported. You are ignorant of the process, much as you are ignorant of nearly everything else.
I see. Hundreds of millions of foreigners want to enter the US through inviting Democrat 'closed' borders and Democrats are happy to welcome them and pay for their upkeep with taxpayer money. Democrats stupidly believe the US government is like a golden goose that cannot possibly stop laying golden eggs for Democrats to spend wildly on their own interests and pleasures.

Back