McCain fights for America

Leaving aside the silly-ass lie, General Clark is not a credible source for anything, since he is still bitter over having been fired from his job by Bubba Clinton for incompetence.

I've been over this before with you, Wesley Clark has a distinguished service record. Your attempt to impugn Clark is rooted in one thing and one thing only...you don't like his politics. If he was a conservative Republican, you'd be singing his praises.

Lets go back to Clark's quote, "I don’t think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president.” What about that is incorrect? McCain was shot down, was a POW, and while all that is notable it does not automatically qualify him to be president.

McCain, when making a speech or being interviewed, much like Giuliani with 9/11, never misses a chance to insert his POW experience. If not asked about it he brings it up. He's realizes the shallow exist among us that will look no further when assessing a candidate's credentials to be president.

Werbung:
True that! That's one of the most glaring differences between McCain and Obama. John McCain has never been afraid to make a decision, and when the really tough decisions come across your desk, you can't just vote "present".

Do you mean that those with actual executive responsibilities cannot dodge out of decisions by claiming them to be above their pay grade? Go figure.

I've been over this before with you, Wesley Clark has a distinguished service record. Your attempt to impugn Clark is rooted in one thing and one thing only...you don't like his politics.

Same reason you launch vicious attacks against McCain!

You never miss a chance to impune the Character of people on the Right... for no reason other than disagreeing with their politics.

How about you take that LOG out of your eye, before pointing out the splinter in other peoples?

In this nuclear world of advanced military technology, we don't need someone good at war. We need someone good at peace.
And the surest way to preserve the peace is to be so strong that nobody with even half a brain (which excludes radical fundamentalist Muzzies), will even attempt to take us on. That's exactly why we never had to fight the Soviet Union in a head-to-head war, they KNEW that there was NO WAY for them to win.

One can only "negotiate" terms from a position of strength, the weak have their terms handed TO them.

And the surest way to preserve the peace is to be so strong that nobody with even half a brain (which excludes radical fundamentalist Muzzies), will even attempt to take us on. That's exactly why we never had to fight the Soviet Union in a head-to-head war, they KNEW that there was NO WAY for them to win.

One can only "negotiate" terms from a position of strength, the weak have their terms handed TO them.

Speak softly but carry a big stick. Otherwise people just won't hear you.

Another reason to be against McCain. This phony story of the "surge" working! Another crock! McCain never saw a war he didn't like!

The U.S. shouldn't be in Iraq and the quicker we leave the better! McCain's answer to every conflict is more troops. If this is going to be the case, we need a draft.

Obama is the only sane choice for president. Especially now that McCain has chosen this bimbo to be his running mate.

"Phony" surge working. Please. Let me give you the history.

The Anbar Province in Iraq was basically the most violent area in Iraq before the surge took place. Obama (and others) want to claim that the Sunni Awakening was really what brought about the peace before the surge.

This completely ignores the fact that in Anbar before the actual "surge" we actually sent in more soldiers to Anbar. Guess what it did, it brought a bit of stability. Now, given that model it made perfect sense that a country wide surge would have a similar effect.

So, to say the surge did not work and point to the Sunni Awakening ignores the fact that before the Sunni Awakening we already sent in an additional force to Anbar in a "mini-surge." So, logically, it would seem that since we sent in more soldiers before the Sunni Awakening, and since McCain was pushing for this policy all along on a countrywide level, it would appear that his judgment was indeed correct.

Now, you can argue that perhaps the surge did has not formed a political solution, this however ignores that new elections have not occurred. No one can dispute that the surge brought violence to their lowest levels in the war, and no one can either dispute that all sides have now agreed to participate fully and fairly in the upcoming elections.

So, let us look at the timeline:

1) Anbar most violent area in Iraq.
2) More soldiers sent into Anbar as a kind of "mini-surge"
3) Stability in Anbar arises due to Sunni Awakening brought about by additional soldiers.
4) Nationwide Surge in Iraq.
5) Relative stability in Iraq today, with upcoming elections that all parties will participate in.

So... you can point to the Sunni Awakening all you want, but the only thing that changed in Anbar to bring it about was the addition of soldiers, which is what McCain was calling for all along.

“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”

Werbung:
“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”

The reason he could not anticipate this is because he did not have a clue about what was going on in Iraq and was simply repeating the party line of "the war is lost."

In Anbar we already sent in more soldiers and it resulted in the Sunni Awakening, how then could Obama possibly think the surge would lead to more violence?

Answer: He has no clue.

Back