McCain is toooooooo dumb to be president!!!!!

But I don't think being smarter than a 5th grader is important to being president. No one can know all the facts that a president needs to base decisions on. That is why presidents have cabinets. The cabinets present the president with the facts so that he can compile and review it all and make decisions as one centralized leader.

The real question is what kind of people does each of the candidates surround himself with?

Werbung:
I hate to point a simple problem with your idea here...

there are and have been Arabs , who speak Arabic in Afghanistan for some time as well as the native Dari and Pashtu. But the main point yes yea, guess what the guys we are after...a lot of them are not from Afghanistan and they are Sauds , from Sudan, Egypt, and other areas...and guess what they speak? Arabic. Guess who the ones we want to listen in on are? Arabic. When we get capture a few men what do some speak who are higher up in al Qaida? Arabic. who is the one who attacked the US? Thats right is war al Qaida .and who do we want dead? that one tall dude .....Bin Ladin....guess maybe you forgot about some of that.

and one last question
who is the dumb one?

Also lets get real, does anyone actuly think that any of them dont know how many states there are? its called no sleep running around all the time. If you think they realy don't know how many states there are, you are dumber then I anyone. and if they where....still smarter then Bush

I am absolutely sure it was lack of sleep and a whole lot of campaigning and speeches. The point of the post was not to say he is stupid (though I do think he is an idiot) the point of the post is to point out if it had been McCain (who is equally as stupid) we all would of been talking about it, there would be interviews with old people asking is he to old, new polls exc. But because it’s Ohhhhbama then it just is what it is, a simple mistake.

I am not for McCain I am just pointing out that Ohhhhbama supporters are hypocritical :) But so are McCain supporters, Ill do that post next :)

But I don't think being smarter than a 5th grader is important to being president. No one can know all the facts that a president needs to base decisions on. That is why presidents have cabinets. The cabinets present the president with the facts so that he can compile and review it all and make decisions as one centralized leader.

The real question is what kind of people does each of the candidates surround himself with?

I agree with your first part.

as for the second part.

Lets hope his judgement is better picking his cabinet than it was picking his pastor.

( my favorite bumper sticker )

NO Obamanation;37924]Exactly my point :) NOTHING Obama does or says can touch him, its just spun to the other guy.

But it's not like that at all. The thing that got my whole family one by one to switch from Hillary to Obama was the fact he was able to admit he was human and admit mistakes. Plus it appears to me he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot.

The other guy could be anyone, even a democrat, even a girl democrat (Hillary is the example here)

to get the heat off of OhhhBama you just attack another person instead. and of course make billions of excuses for his stupidity.

Come on not the... even pick on a girl speech.That's the ultimate in weak arguement. Hillary Clinton is as tough nosed as any man and anyone who thinks for a split second in time Bill & Hillary Clinton aren't playing every political game and angle no matter how divisaive or under handed against Senator Obama is living in la la land.

Hey, I have a picture of Bill Clinton sitting at his desk in the Oval Office in my trophy case with all my daughters basketball trophies. No bigger fan. But I'll tell you I've been more than a little embarrassed and disappointed at the Clinton negativity this go around. It's nothing like when Bill Clinton ran.

As far as stupidity there's none of that with either Barack or Hillary. They are both sharp as a razor. You're not going to run into smarter people.

McCain is not Bush, that is not going to stick but I dont like McCain either so I can not see voting for him.

Excuse me??? It's even much worse than McCain is now a Bush clone. The operative word there is now! John McCain sold his sole to get this nomination. He's Flipped on every major issue he ever stood up for to get it. Truthfuly that's what every Republican ought to be worried about. The guy will be way to old to ever run again... McCain himself has mentioned that was unlikely. What if he Flips back yet again because he has nothing to lose once he's in. Neither side can trust a John McCain just on his history of Flip Floppin all over the place.

If your mad at all that money being borrowed from China for the war, will you still be mad when OhhhBama God keeps borrowing to use for "programs" ?
I bet you will find a reason to say its ok...if Ohhhbama did it then its godly!

Don't need Obama or anyone else for me to say it. I want our Seniors to have Social Security & Medicare. I can clearly see that the monopolies set up by Health Insurance Companies and the prohibitive costs of sky rocketing medical services need a major overhaul. Men, women and children should not be sick & suffering without health insurance in the greatest country in the world.

That's the sad thing with the Republicans, Bush & McBush... they'll spend ungodly amounts at a drop of a hat for some made up war but they fight tooth and nail to not have to help American Senior Citizens or those in need of heath care. It's just sad.

Let's just watch McBush show his integrity playing grill cook at his new favorite place... The Waffle House!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWh5jO2Dxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkhCcwkuA8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAfYYUS-EYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695cziyEnL0

Thats why I'm voting for RON PAUL! The other puppets can blow me! I'm voting for someone who i believe in whole heartedly.. I suggest you guys do the same

I have followed and respected Ron Paul for many years. I posted on another political site http://www.***************************.com, and was branded a traitor to America by one of the sites moderators W.E.B. Du Bois, for my support of Paul, and BANNED!
LOL! Maybe you should ask that moderator to service you too!

But it's not like that at all. The thing that got my whole family one by one to switch from Hillary to Obama was the fact he was able to admit he was human and admit mistakes. Plus it appears to me he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot.

Can you please give me some examples?

I dont mean stuff like today. He calls a girl sweetie and then calls their answering machine to say he was sorry.

I mean real mistakes real issues where he personally really took the blame WITHOUT blaming one of his staffers.

I have followed and respected Ron Paul for many years. I posted on another political site http://www.***************************.com, and was branded a traitor to America by one of the sites moderators W.E.B. Du Bois, for my support of Paul, and BANNED!
LOL! Maybe you should ask that moderator to service you too!

I respected Ron Paul more than any of the Republican candidates. All the Republican's did was cut him off, cut him down and make fun of him.

Ron Paul was dead on about the folly of this made up Iraq occupation that is nothing more than Nation Building plain and simple. But he can't win this time. Please don't throw away your vote.

Your vote is important and no one should attack you for voting your coscience... but I sure hope when the day comes you'll cast a vote for Senator Obama.

Even though you probably disagree with some of his positions he is the candidate that will do what Ron Paul rightly says we should do and get out of Iraq.

It's real important this election. Our brave troops deserve some fair treatment and a ticket home.

NO Obamanation;38007]Can you please give me some examples?

I don't mean stuff like today. He calls a girl sweetie and then calls their answering machine to say he was sorry.

You have to see that things like calling someone sweetie was not offensive. It's just Silly Season in politics and everybody is on guard about anything & everything not wanting to give fodder to the crazy train of character assassination.

I mean real mistakes real issues where he personally really took the blame WITHOUT blaming one of his staffers.

I heard him admit on TV that in the State Legislature he supported a gas tax holiday and it was bad policy. He said the oil companies just jacked up prices and the proposal that he supported did not help the people of his state.

I'm sure just like anyone he makes his share of mistakes. I know on the campaign trail he often points out that the people who go around thinkin' he's such a perfect person should talk to his wife Michelle. She'd be glad to give them a different take.

Senator Obama is very self effacing from what I've seen. I give the guy the benefit of the doubt because I see a hard working family man with two beautiful little girls who's done some good work in his life.

I think he's lived a pretty fair and balanced life. He's lived everything from poverty to Harvard Law School all by studying hard & pulling himself up by his own boot straps.

It's just not right to damn a guy because he hasn't done a whole lot of bad things in his life and is somewhat limited on what to apologize for. But I don't think he has any problem saying the words... I was wrong either.

Yaaaaaaa - got ya. It it's Obama it's "no sleep", if it's McCain, it's old age.

You get dropped on your head as a kid? I said that non of them would have said that believing there was not 50s states, and that for any of them it was just lack of sleep and a misspeak. Also I defended McCain's so called error about needing Arabic speakers in Afghanistan. Got your a dense.

I am absolutely sure it was lack of sleep and a whole lot of campaigning and speeches. The point of the post was not to say he is stupid (though I do think he is an idiot) the point of the post is to point out if it had been McCain (who is equally as stupid) we all would of been talking about it, there would be interviews with old people asking is he to old, new polls exc. But because it’s Ohhhhbama then it just is what it is, a simple mistake.

I am not for McCain I am just pointing out that Ohhhhbama supporters are hypocritical :) But so are McCain supporters, Ill do that post next :)

well you notice I deffended them all, and most evryone I know, who I will say are more liberal, who have nothing but respect for McCain...even if they are not voting for him, and non has have said to old, to dumb anything like that. I myself lean to Obama only based on Issues, but I will wait to see the Debates and am Open to McCain who I liked better for other reasons like experiance, to show me if its worth voting against many of my issues for guy I truly like and belive will do what he feels best, even if I dont agree. Something we have not had for Years....

You have to see that things like calling someone sweetie was not offensive. It's just Silly Season in politics and everybody is on guard about anything & everything not wanting to give fodder to the crazy train of character assassination.

Now, now.. Don’t be offended. I was not attacking him on this. I was just trying to make sure you did not use it as one of your examples of how “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen” It is because this is such a NON issue I did not want it to be one of your examples. There was no attack intended.

I heard him admit on TV that in the State Legislature he supported a gas tax holiday and it was bad policy. He said the oil companies just jacked up prices and the proposal that he supported did not help the people of his state.

I have seen ( I thought ) just about every thing he has said, this is one I did not hear. Are you sure it was not him talking about this current argument on the gas tax holiday? Either way …. This is your one and single example of how “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen” ?

[I'm sure just like anyone he makes his share of mistakes. I know on the campaign trail he often points out that the people who go around thinkin' he's such a perfect person should talk to his wife Michelle. She'd be glad to give them a different take.

I agree he has made a lot of mistakes but the thing is he always has a bad staffer or someone didn’t get the memo, I could give you a number of those examples. I did not ask you this question to be a brat ( I admit I am often a real brat) I asked you this question in total sincerity. If Obama really was one to take the high road I would like to know about it. Remember I HATE MCCAIN I DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR HIM. I would love to be totally wrong about Obama and have someone to rally behind.

[Senator Obama is very self defacing from what I've seen. I give the guy the benefit of the doubt because I see a hard working family man with two beautiful little girls who's done some good work in his life.

I hear this stuff all the time, the Ohhhhbama stuff. I wanted something real and tangible something more than hope, change and oh he is smells like summers breeze.

[I think he's lived a pretty fair and balanced life. He's lived everything from poverty to Harvard Law School all by studying hard & pulling himself up by his own boot straps.

The number of scandals that have come out about him (NOT ONE OF THEM) by the way has he accepted responsibility for or admitted poor judgment tells me he has NOT lived a pretty fair and balanced life.

[It's just not right to damn a guy because he hasn't done a whole lot of bad things in his life and is somewhat limited on what to apologize for. But I don't think he has any problem saying the words... I was wrong either.

OK but what, how this got started was you said the following……

So you have gone from: “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot.”

To: “ It's just not right to damn a guy because he hasn't done a whole lot of bad things in his life and is somewhat limited on what to apologize for.”

well you notice I deffended them all, and most evryone I know, who I will say are more liberal, who have nothing but respect for McCain...even if they are not voting for him, and non has have said to old, to dumb anything like that. I myself lean to Obama only based on Issues, but I will wait to see the Debates and am Open to McCain who I liked better for other reasons like experiance, to show me if its worth voting against many of my issues for guy I truly like and belive will do what he feels best, even if I dont agree. Something we have not had for Years....

I have heard many times he is to old exc. I have read much of that on these boards. I think his age is a fair question. I think this mcbush is just so stupid. I honestly can not name one person who voted for bush who wants to vote for McCain because he is such a freaking lib. 76 % of republicans are not satisfied in their candidate according to zogby and only 24 % are. that should tell anyone he is no bush3 or mcbush. It is nice that you are open minded. I feel closed minded to both.

here is the latest zogby poll I participated in.

In what could spell bad news for the presumptive Republican nominee John McCain, an overwhelming 86% of self-described “very conservative” voters said they are displeased with the current presidential candidates – and 65% of these voters said they are very unsatisfied. The vast majority of conservatives (76%) and Republicans (76%) also expressed significant dissatisfaction with the current candidates, as did more than half of political independents (55%).

How satisfied are you with the current candidates for president?
Likely voters
Republicans
Democrats
Independents

Satisfied
51%
24%
82%
44%

Not satisfied
48%
76%
18%
55%

Not sure
1%
<1%
1%
1%

Note: Some totals may not equal 100% due to rounding

NO Obamanation;38020]Now, now.. Don’t be offended. I was not attacking him on this. I was just trying to make sure you did not use it as one of your examples of how “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen” It is because this is such a NON issue I did not want it to be one of your examples. There was no attack intended.

You have every right to like or attack anyone you wish. I don't know who you've been talking to but from my perspective Obama is not a saint. However from all the things I've heard in his message and all I have researched (and remember I've been the biggest Clinton fan in the world) he's a really decent hard working guy that cares about everyday working people, peace, security, and a happier time for everybody.

I have seen ( I thought ) just about every thing he has said, this is one I did not hear. Are you sure it was not him talking about this current argument on the gas tax holiday? Either way …. This is your one and single example of how “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen” ?

It's been lately but the fact remains it is always difficult and politically risky to admit your own legislative mistakes.

As far as one single example of taking the high road you must not watch the rotation between the candidates much. Obama is always the one who says... I respect Hillary or John McCain is a real war hero. I can't list the number of times Hillary and her camp has gone after Barack... and I have yet to see him get down in the mud. (This isn't directed at Hillary) but there's an old saying that I think goes with Senator Obama's political thinking in general... Never wrestle with a pig. You'll just get dirty and the pig will like it.

Me on the other hand. I know mud washes. :;)

I agree he has made a lot of mistakes but the thing is he always has a bad staffer or someone didn’t get the memo, I could give you a number of those examples. I did not ask you this question to be a brat ( I admit I am often a real brat) I asked you this question in total sincerity. If Obama really was one to take the high road I would like to know about it. Remember I HATE MCCAIN I DO NOT WANT TO VOTE FOR HIM. I would love to be totally wrong about Obama and have someone to rally behind.

Everybody's made mistakes. But Obama isn't out attacking anybody. He'll stand up for himself as I think we'd all expect anyone running for President of The United States of America to do. He's a serious person when it comes to getting something right or getting things done. I just don't see a problem especially when you look at the alternatives. I mean come on... it's a no brainer. Obama offers more... a lot more than John McCain playing off the Bush blueprint. That's been a disaster and I keep telling people the real pain hasn't even started yet. It usually takes two full terms of bad policy to bring on full recession. We should all think about where we are headed here.

I hear this stuff all the time, the Ohhhhbama stuff. I wanted something real and tangible something more than hope, change and oh he is smells like summers breeze.

I mean you don't have to look hard to see his proposals and intended direction on policy. Go to his website and evaluate it. But it's people that really make a difference and I think people will support a good intelligent person. Barack Obama is such a person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nHp90Z2NJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoL5SmPFhVI

The number of scandals that have come out about him (NOT ONE OF THEM) by the way has he accepted responsibility for or admitted poor judgment tells me he has NOT lived a pretty fair and balanced life.

I'll tell ya a story. I have old biker buddies who are kinda racist. Through coaching and various organizations I also have a lot of black friends. But I am neither racist or black :). Obama deserves to be our next President because frankly he's just the best person for the job right now that has a chance to win.

So you have gone from: “he's taken the high road more than any candidate for President I've ever seen... and I've seen a lot.”

To: “ It's just not right to damn a guy because he hasn't done a whole lot of bad things in his life and is somewhat limited on what to apologize for.

Not at all. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Both are true. Senator Obama if you watched the 20 some debates and watch the daily back and forth between the campaigns has run the cleanest campaign. Heck every super delegate and organization that has finally gone his way cite his high road campaign and what they see as his ability to unite as the reason they went with him.

You can do that and also not have a lot to apologize for... because you're a hard working public servant and family man. Which from all I've seen... Senator Obama is.

You have every right to like or attack anyone you wish. I don't know who you've been talking to but from my perspective Obama is not a saint. However from all the things I've heard in his message and all I have researched (and remember I've been the biggest Clinton fan in the world) he's a really decent hard working guy that cares about everyday working people, peace, security, and a happier time for everybody.

It's been lately but the fact remains it is always difficult and politically risky to admit your own legislative mistakes.

As far as one single example of taking the high road you must not watch the rotation between the candidates much. Obama is always the one who says... I respect Hillary or John McCain is a real war hero. I can't list the number of times Hillary and her camp has gone after Barack... and I have yet to see him get down in the mud. (This isn't directed at Hillary) but there's an old saying that I think goes with Senator Obama's political thinking in general... Never wrestle with a pig. You'll just get dirty and the pig will like it.

Me on the other hand. I know mud washes. :;)

Everybody's made mistakes. But Obama isn't out attacking anybody. He'll stand up for himself as I think we'd all expect anyone running for President of The United States of America to do. He's a serious person when it comes to getting something right or getting things done. I just don't see a problem especially when you look at the alternatives. I mean come on... it's a no brainer. Obama offers more... a lot more than John McCain playing off the Bush blueprint. That's been a disaster and I keep telling people the real pain hasn't even started yet. It usually takes two full terms of bad policy to bring on full recession. We should all think about where we are headed here.

I mean you don't have to look hard to see his proposals and intended direction on policy. Go to his website and evaluate it. But it's people that really make a difference and I think people will support a good intelligent person. Barack Obama is such a person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nHp90Z2NJk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoL5SmPFhVI

I'll tell ya a story. I have old biker buddies who are kinda racist. Through coaching and various organizations I also have a lot of black friends. But I am neither racist or black :). Obama deserves to be our next President because frankly he's just the best person for the job right now that has a chance to win.

Not at all. The two things aren't mutually exclusive. Both are true. Senator Obama if you watched the 20 some debates and watch the daily back and forth between the campaigns has run the cleanest campaign. Heck every super delegate and organization that has finally gone his way cite his high road campaign and what they see as his ability to unite as the reason they went with him.

You can do that and also not have a lot to apologize for... because you're a hard working public servant and family man. Which from all I've seen... Senator Obama is.

thank you for the reply. I just can not agree but it is nice to hear other people's points of view. I honestly can not think of one decent thing about Ohhhbama except that he does seem like a good father who loves his kids. Everything, and I do mean everything else about him I find horrible.

As for McCain the only decent thing I can say about him is he was a war hero 40 years ago. I dont trust or like him either.

and both of them are spineless. I mean really!

It might be a personal problem of mine but I really loathe men who are weak and limp, and they both are.

Maybe thats why I have come to admire Hillary, she is at least a fighter. Though.....I dont like her politics ;)

Werbung:
I have heard many times he is to old exc. I have read much of that on these boards. I think his age is a fair question. I think this mcbush is just so stupid. I honestly can not name one person who voted for bush who wants to vote for McCain because he is such a freaking lib. 76 % of republicans are not satisfied in their candidate according to zogby and only 24 % are. that should tell anyone he is no bush3 or mcbush. It is nice that you are open minded. I feel closed minded to both.

here is the latest zogby poll I participated in.

In what could spell bad news for the presumptive Republican nominee John McCain, an overwhelming 86% of self-described “very conservative” voters said they are displeased with the current presidential candidates – and 65% of these voters said they are very unsatisfied. The vast majority of conservatives (76%) and Republicans (76%) also expressed significant dissatisfaction with the current candidates, as did more than half of political independents (55%).

How satisfied are you with the current candidates for president?
Likely voters
Republicans
Democrats
Independents

Satisfied
51%
24%
82%
44%

Not satisfied
48%
76%
18%
55%

Not sure
1%
<1%
1%
1%

Note: Some totals may not equal 100% due to rounding

That's because McCain get get people like me, who would rather jump of a bridge then vote for Bush. Bush was a 100% screw up, even my Republican friends hate him, and say he destroyed the party. For me if Bush supporters cant support him, that's a positive for the nation.

Back