McCain Suspends Campaign to focus on Crisis

Werbung:
Probably because it's an obvious political ploy. His poll numbers are dropping, the financial crisis is killing him, he has to try something.

I think politics perhaps played a role in it, he is losing on the economy. I am not convinced that this was a political move entirely. McCain has showed well in "debates" so far and forums with Obama. He would gain more ground by having a good debate than going back to work on the financial crisis.

I am surprised no one has put this up yet....

What would we talk about? McCain sees the polls... he sees he's back down up to 10 points nationally again and down 2 to 6 points in Florida, Wisconsin, Colorado, Ohio & Michigan.

He knows it's getting all kinds of press that he has been Mr. DEREGULATION his whole entire political careerer and Phil Graham his CHIEF ECONOMIC ADVISOR was MR. ENRON LOOPHOLE & the architect of the legislation that did away with the Glass-Steagall Act that regulated the banking industry... and McCain was right there in on it.

McCain wasn't ready for a real debate anyway and so he's trying another hail Mary like picking the totally unqualified Palin just because she had a vagina.

The polls taken after the meltdown show the American people want those debates and on time. McCain's attempt to look concerned was blown out by people constantly hearing about his deregulation record... so he just comes off as sort of cowardly trying to duck out of the head to head debates.

NYTimes
Wednesday, September 24, 2008

New Polls: Americans Weigh In on Economic Crises
By Megan Thee

As Congress continues to debate an estimated $700 billion dollar plan to bail out the nation’s financial institutions, Americans are increasingly concerned about their own personal financial situations, believe that Senator Barack Obama will handle the economy better than Senator John McCain, and are divided over solutions to the current crises, according to several recent polls.

Polls conducted Friday through Monday by the Pew Research Center, The Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg News and ABC News/Washington Post took stock of Americans’ thinking on the state of the economy and of the presidential campaigns’ reactions to it.

In the wake of instability on Wall Street, the polls agree that Americans overwhelmingly view the economy in a negative light. The L.A. Times/Bloomberg Poll found that 81 percent of Americans rated the economy as doing fairly or very badly, similar to the 91 percent of voters in the ABC News/Washington Post Poll who described the state of the economy as not so good or poor.

The Pew poll showed a heightened sense of awareness about the economy among Americans with strong majorities saying they were closely following both the economy in general and the recent turmoil among major financial institutions. In that survey, 56 of those polled said they were closely following reports about the condition of the national economy, up from 44 percent just 3 weeks ago. Nearly half of all Americans are very closely following the current situation on Wall Street and 28 percent say they are watching it fairly closely.

Half of all Americans in the L.A. Times/Bloomberg survey said they feel less financially secure than they did 6 months ago.

The polls all found that Mr. Obama would do a better job of handling both the economy and the current economic crisis. The Pew survey found a 47-35 advantage for Mr. Obama among voters as the candidate better able to address the problems of investment banks and companies with ties to the housing market. Similarly, in the L.A. Times/Bloomberg poll, Mr. Obama led Mr. McCain 48-35 among voters who said he would do a better job of handling the financial crisis next year. Likewise, the ABC News/Washington Post poll found a 13-point margin among voters for Mr. Obama as the candidate whom they trust more to fix the problems with major financial institutions.

What would we talk about? McCain sees the polls... he sees he's back down up to 10 points nationally again and down 2 to 6 points in Florida, Wisconsin, Colorado, Ohio & Michigan.

He knows it's getting all kinds of press that he has been Mr. DEREGULATION his whole entire political careerer and Phil Graham his CHIEF ECONOMIC ADVISOR was MR. ENRON LOOPHOLE & the architect of the legislation that did away with the Glass-Steagall Act that regulated the banking industry... and McCain was right there in on it.

Banks were still heavily regulated before all of this occurred. And wasn't it mostly democrats that regulated banks to give loans to people who had no business getting one? It would appear this "regulation" is a double-edged sword.

McCain wasn't ready for a real debate anyway and so he's trying another hail Mary like picking the totally unqualified Palin just because she had a vagina.

This is entirely speculative... and no more logical than you nominated Obama because he has black skin...

The polls taken after the meltdown show the American people want those debates and on time. McCain's attempt to look concerned was blown out by people constantly hearing about his deregulation record... so he just comes off as sort of cowardly trying to duck out of the head to head debates.

You realize that no poll you posted had anything to do with "American people wanting the debate." The polls mostly say Americans are concerned about this crisis, so does it not make sense to suspend the campaign and go do his actual job?

BigRob;62964]Banks were still heavily regulated before all of this occurred. And wasn't it mostly democrats that regulated banks to give loans to people who had no business getting one? It would appear this "regulation" is a double-edged sword.

No the Republicans when they controlled Congress pushed like hell to remove as much regulation of the banking industry as they could possibly get away with. John McCain himself was MR. DEREGULATION... until just a couple days ago. But surprise surprise with the pending collapse of the financial markets now he's become MR. SUPER REGULATION!:D

Just like after 26 years in the Senate and voting with George Bush 95% of the time he's MR. SUPER CHANGE... LoL!

The guy's not even just a Flip Flopper. A Flip Flopper at least admits he once was the mirror opposite. JOHN MCCAIN IS A CAMELEAN... he matches whatever is popular this second in time that might possibly get him elected.:D

And no... Democrats promoted home ownership at lower income levels because it helps create better communities but there were income to mortgage guidelines. The problem was the banks could do whatever they wanted anyway.

This is entirely speculative... and no more logical than you nominated Obama because he has black skin...

If I'm not mistaken Senator Obama fought for 19 months and won a primary. Caribou Barbie was pulled out of a hat and ever since then has spent all her time ducking press conferences and random questioning where she might have to answer a real question.

You realize that no poll you posted had anything to do with "American people wanting the debate." The polls mostly say Americans are concerned about this crisis, so does it not make sense to suspend the campaign and go do his actual job?

Makes perfect sense if that's what the poll said... and it did or I wouldn't have said it. I have no problem finding it and posting it... here...

Agree or Disagree: Friday's presidential debate should be postponed so the candidates can focus on the economy

15%Strongly Agree 22,951 votes

4.1%Agree 6,272 votes

1.2%Neutral 1,829 votes

9.3%Disagree 14,230 votes

70.4%Strongly Disagree 107,679 votes

I think politics perhaps played a role in it, he is losing on the economy. I am not convinced that this was a political move entirely. McCain has showed well in "debates" so far and forums with Obama. He would gain more ground by having a good debate than going back to work on the financial crisis.

not right now with him being weak on the economy , with his statements about it being sound ( then a week later look where we are) and his statements before about not being good with the economics or something like that, even if the debate is not about the economy right now, he would get beat up bad with some of that now.

They are both being paid by us to work this stuff out in the senate and neither of them are there doing it. I am glad he is going back, I wish Obama would too.

This is a pretty important deal and if neither of them are there to work it out. If they are not needed there to work it out then they should give up the job and the moneys that come with it.

To say he didnt want to debatye is stupid. The debate is on national security, and that is Obama's weakness not McCains. It would be a great time to get poltical points for McCain but I think its more important to be in washington making sure the tax payers are not hosed in this deal.

They say the deal must be worked out by the weekend, why cant the debate happen next week, why cant they just go do the job they are here to do.

and worry about this election stuff after this deal is made.

Probably because it's an obvious political ploy. His poll numbers are dropping, the financial crisis is killing him, he has to try something.

False - Gallup up to today. Are you capable of ANYTHING but lying??

smramahi8uidh7evn5ftpa.gif

They are both being paid by us to work this stuff out in the senate and neither of them are there doing it. I am glad he is going back, I wish Obama would too.

This is a pretty important deal and if neither of them are there to work it out. If they are not needed there to work it out then they should give up the job and the moneys that come with it.

To say he didnt want to debatye is stupid. The debate is on national security, and that is Obama's weakness not McCains. It would be a great time to get poltical points for McCain but I think its more important to be in washington making sure the tax payers are not hosed in this deal.

They say the deal must be worked out by the weekend, why cant the debate happen next week, why cant they just go do the job they are here to do.

this year

the senate has voted 612 times
juan has missed 400 of thoes votes
i am so glad he is going back
to cast one fuking vote...

AHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAH
AHAH

shiet, this is too easy

The republicans being responsible, once again is moronic drool from TopGrin. The relevent facts:

- FDR created Fanny Mae, and the democrat congress of 1970 created Freddie Mac.

- These two agencies were responsible for the majority of mortgages in the US.

- The Jimmy Carter era democrat congress created the Community Reinvestment Act, forcing banks to loan to millions of unqualified minorities, and also illegal aliens.

- Bill Clinton and the democrat congress made that law even more irrational in the 1990s.

- The president has little control over the economy - that part not controlled by independent regulatory agencies, such as the Fed, is subject only to laws passed by congress, which has been controlled for the last two years by the democrats.

- TopGrin factless babble notwithstanding, the mortgage crisis lies strictly with the democrats.

Werbung:

OH NO! John McCain is ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIED to debate. My God you've watched him. He's ducked more talking about the issues than any President EVER!

And they're so afraid to let Palin speak they keep her in a talking points box not allowed or able to answer real questions. Look how she didn't know what the heck the Bush doctrine was with Gibson... And Katie Couric had to ask the same questions over & over & over and still couldn't get an answer. You could almost see he shaking her head like... WHAT AN IDIOT, DO YOU KNOW NOTHING!

But on the other hand John McSame really has to hide from debates right now.

With the economy tanking and his "I vote with the President 95% of the time" buddy George Bush at a 19% overall 17% on the economy approval rating...

being already part of the Keating 5 Savings & Loan scandal...

having Phil Graham as his TOP economic advisor who was the architect of the ENRON LOOPHOLE & the legislation that did away with banking regulations...

being the self proclaim MR. DEREGULATION (A true Maverick... yes he's a motherless calf on that one alright, LoL!)

and just a few days ago saying I BELIEVE THE FUNDAMENTALS OF OUR ECONOMY ARE STRONG, right before the biggest financial crisis since THE GREAT DEPRESSION???????????

I agree with John here... I'd hide under any table or rock I could possibly find.

And God knows Palin can't run the campaign even if McCain just goes to the store for a can of pop.

That whole ticket is just totally & utterly worthless.

Back