McCains fails to pay property taxes four straight years

Popeye

Newsweek reports that John and Cindy McCain have failed to pay taxes on their beach-front home in La Jolla, California, for the last four years and are about to enter into default.

The article reports that the McCains had been delinquent in paying taxes until Newsweek inquired about the matter. The McCains then paid off $6,744.42 in back taxes, but still owe more.

This is a man who wants to be POTUS and he can't be bothered to pay his taxes? It's not like they don't have the money as beer heiress Cindy is estimated to be worth over 100 million. One can only assume they, like many of the wealthy, think they're better than everybody else and laws don't apply to them.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775/output/print

Werbung:
Newsweek reports that John and Cindy McCain have failed to pay taxes on their beach-front home in La Jolla, California, for the last four years and are about to enter into default.

The article reports that the McCains had been delinquent in paying taxes until Newsweek inquired about the matter. The McCains then paid off $6,744.42 in back taxes, but still owe more.

This is a man who wants to be POTUS and he can't be bothered to pay his taxes? It's not like they don't have the money as beer heiress Cindy is estimated to be worth over 100 million. One can only assume they, like many of the wealthy, think they're better than everybody else and laws don't apply to them.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/143775/output/print

Turns out the bank that manages a trust for McCain screwed up the payments.

Another slur from our resident Obama shill is history. :D

Turns out the bank that manages a trust for McCain screwed up the payments.

Another slur from our resident Obama shill is history. :D

Yes I've also seen claims that the same bank that manages the trust has not been receiving tax bills on the property. Which excuse is it?

Maybe I should avoid paying my property taxes and blame on the PO, the county, or the bank, see how well that goes over.

Come on Popeye, the very story that you provided a link to expressly stated that the bank that manages the property never received the bills, so they couldn't pay them. You intentionally tried to present the story in an attempt to slander McCain, and you fell on your face. That's so incredibly sad, it's not even funny. Next thing you know, you'll be saying silly things like "Bush lied and Soldiers died" without providing any evidence to support that slander either.

Reminds me of the "Republician's vote against Mother's day" thread where once you looked at the facts, it was completely the opposite of the claim. Libs fall so hard on their face, it's amazing they can still see straight enough to post this BS.

Come on Popeye, the very story that you provided a link to expressly stated that the bank that manages the property never received the bills, so they couldn't pay them. You intentionally tried to present the story in an attempt to slander McCain, and you fell on your face. That's so incredibly sad, it's not even funny. Next thing you know, you'll be saying silly things like "Bush lied and Soldiers died" without providing any evidence to support that slander either.

Aw, c'mon!! You don't want to ruin a perfectly good typical popeye smear by dragging in the facts, do you?? :D

There may be ways to explain away the McCain's failure to pay their property taxes but it continues a disturbing pattern of financial irresponsibility.

A couple weeks ago it came to light, that despite their wealth, the McCain's were carrying well over $100,000 in credit card debt.

A look at the latest Senate financial disclosure forms found that a joint card held by the two has between $10,000 and $15,000 in charges, while a card that is solely in Cindy's name has between $100,000 and $250,000 in debt.This is despite Cindy McCain having sold property in California for a profit of more than $1 million.

By contrast, Obama, who has become wealthy in recent years thanks to book royalties, did not report any financial liabilities.

Draw your own conclusions, but I know who I would rather have in charge of the nation's purse strings....the guy who pays his taxes and isn't in 6 figure debt.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/mccains-report-more-than-100000-in-credit-card-debt-2008-06-13.html

There may be ways to explain away the McCain's failure to pay their property taxes but it continues a disturbing pattern of financial irresponsibility.

A couple weeks ago it came to light, that despite their wealth, the McCain's were carrying well over $100,000 in credit card debt.

A look at the latest Senate financial disclosure forms found that a joint card held by the two has between $10,000 and $15,000 in charges, while a card that is solely in Cindy's name has between $100,000 and $250,000 in debt.This is despite Cindy McCain having sold property in California for a profit of more than $1 million.

By contrast, Obama, who has become wealthy in recent years thanks to book royalties, did not report any financial liabilities.

Draw your own conclusions, but I know who I would rather have in charge of the nation's purse strings....the guy who pays his taxes and isn't in 6 figure debt.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/mccains-report-more-than-100000-in-credit-card-debt-2008-06-13.html

Popeye, do YOU have any credit card debt? Do you have a mortgage? Do you have any debt at all? Have you ever been late on any payments at all, EVER in your life? It's rather disingenuous to attempt to tar someone for doing the very thing that you're guilty of, and is indicative of dishonesty.

The only "disturbing pattern" in your threads is your continued lying, rumor-mongering, and libel - each time one of your slurs is exposed as a fraud (as was your "didn't pay the rent" canard in this one), you spew up another one from the leftwing slur machine.

Cindy McCain is worth $100 million, which makes the card debt chump change to her - a fact you conveniently omit so you can distort the relative importance of her card debt. The McCains are OVERWHELMING solvent, and Cindy McCain gives tons of money to charity. Ooops, another popeye canard falls flat on its face. :D

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/18/politics/main4027276.shtml

Nah, I think people might consider passing on Hussein, the guy who got a "sweeheart" mortgage from Countrywide, the biggest screw-up in the suprime mortgage fiasco. ;)

Werbung:
Popeye, do YOU have any credit card debt? Do you have a mortgage? Do you have any debt at all? Have you ever been late on any payments at all, EVER in your life? It's rather disingenuous to attempt to tar someone for doing the very thing that you're guilty of, and is indicative of dishonesty.

No its not, when you are running for President of the United States, I think we can all agree people are held to a higher standard.

Back