Medieval Warming period proven worldwide

dogtowner

Staff member
is this the last wheel to fall off the global warming wagon ?

I would think so. seems some raremineral can tell us much about tempertures way back when.

Current theories of the causes and impact of global warming have been thrown into question by a new study which shows that during medieval times the whole of the planet heated up.
It then cooled down naturally and there was even a 'mini ice age'.
A team of scientists led by geochemist Zunli Lu from Syracuse University in New York state, has found that contrary to the ‘consensus’, the ‘Medieval Warm Period’ approximately 500 to 1,000 years ago wasn’t just confined to Europe.
In fact, it extended all the way down to Antarctica – which means that the Earth has already experience global warming without the aid of human CO2 emissions.

At present the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) argues that the Medieval Warm Period was confined to Europe – therefore that the warming we’re experiencing now is a man-made phenomenon.

However, Professor Lu has shown that this isn’t true – and the evidence lies with a rare mineral called ikaite, which forms in cold waters.
‘Ikaite is an icy version of limestone,’ said Lu. ‘The crystals are only stable under cold conditions and actually melt at room temperature.’
It turns out the water that holds the crystal structure together - called the hydration water - traps information about temperatures present when the crystals formed.
This finding by Lu's research team establishes, for the first time, ikaite as a reliable way to study past climate conditions.

Werbung:
well now it fits perfectly because they stopped calling it global warming, now they call it climate change (as though the climate has not been changing as long as we have had a climate) DOH!

I love to play around with the weather history search tool

In my area the weather today had a high of 61 and a low of 48
it only goes back to 1950, but that was 60 yrs ago and it was a high of 64 and a low of 46

Werbung:
I think not. The radical Left has not given up on AGW.

We must remember that facts and truth mean nothing to the Left, particularly when they are trying to impose their ultimate goal....worldwide Marxism.

yeah you're probably right, I see today they are trying to scare people with dire warnings of terrible weather to come. never mind that the false boogeyman CO2 isn't causing it and we're powerless to stop it. and never mind that there have been tornadoes, hurricanes etc forever, its time to live in fear and start paying money for nothing. you are better off buying magical amulets that will ward off trouble. at least you'll have a bit of jewelry for your money. Local news did a little research regarding the oh so impossibly warm March we're enjoying this year and it seems its not so impossibly warm after all, 1945 was notably warmer (among others).

Oh and I meant to post the WSJ artlcle I saw yesterday detailin g how none of these climate computer models have proven accurate in any way. I guess they needs better alpha geeks in that field.

Back