Medvedev wants to meet Obama

Werbung:
Do you really think Obama has not realised all this kind of stuff? You all told us Bush was intelligent, just not a good speaker. For Obama to be where he is, I suspect he has a fair amount of intelligence.

We are absolutely behind both China and Russia not only in missile technology but also also in designs of nuclear warheads themselves.

Most everything I am reading tells me that while the Chinese, Russians, Indians and Pakistani's are all expanding thier missle technology, the US is still the global leader. The US is by far the leader in UAVs, and the ability to hit a missile with another missile.
Also in more conventional air power, the F-22s have shown themsleves to be more capable than anticipated. With the ability to shoot down several(6) bogeys before the enemy even can detect the raptors should not be overlooked. Also, the Air Force is quietly increasing thier orders of the airframe.

Call me an optimist, but I don't think we are in any real danger of a direct nuclear v nuclear battle with Russia, and as a result all this flexing of muscles is really only diverting money when it could be used better elsewhere.

Do you really think Obama has not realised all this kind of stuff? You all told us Bush was intelligent, just not a good speaker. For Obama to be where he is, I suspect he has a fair amount of intelligence.

if you say so

but

its pretty stupid to advertise that you are going to reduce or end defense in this way, or that you will not weaponize space.

smart people hold their cards close in and dont let people see their hand

but if you say so

Call me an optimist, but I don't think we are in any real danger of a direct nuclear v nuclear battle with Russia, and as a result all this flexing of muscles is really only diverting money when it could be used better elsewhere.

whats this we stuff? you are in the UK we are stuck here with Jr. Moron about to take office and brag that he will cut defense to the bone because he wants social programs

Most everything I am reading tells me that while the Chinese, Russians, Indians and Pakistani's are all expanding thier missle technology, the US is still the global leader. The US is by far the leader in UAVs, and the ability to hit a missile with another missile.
Also in more conventional air power, the F-22s have shown themsleves to be more capable than anticipated. With the ability to shoot down several(6) bogeys before the enemy even can detect the raptors should not be overlooked. Also, the Air Force is quietly increasing thier orders of the airframe.

if by chance you are right, we wont be by the time he is done with us.

he has made it clear what his plans are and this is a program that gets cut to make room for his new programs

China not only stole every missile design we had in the 90's, but they are expanding on them. Our missile technology is older and falling behind.

As for the Air Force, the F-22 is quite the machine, but in terms of extending a credible nuclear deterrent to our allies, we are lagging. An F-22 can not shoot down an incoming missile, and the PATRIOT missile system is not as reliable as we are led to believe.

But I agree, in terms of conventional technology we are well ahead of our foes, but in terms of missile and nuclear technology we are not.

No we are not in danger of this I agree. But what we are in danger of is losing our credible deterrent to our allies around the globe.

No we are not in danger of this I agree. But what we are in danger of is losing our credible deterrent to our allies around the globe.
.......your're kidding right......the US can project more power with one.....just one.... Carrier Battle Group than anything the Russians and Chinese COMBINED could even begin to muster....

Don't sell yourselves short Rob who ever tells you your military "deterence" is lacking hasn't got a frigging clue.

Yeah, I agree with you there actually (as I'm a poker player!) You should keep your hand close. He should make out that he's bolstering missiles etc, but be sensible and spend it on more neccessary things.

Although I'm sure the Russians would soon work out whether new missiles were being built and placed in tactical positions soon enough.

How about the word "skunk" to describe Obama , they both are known by B.O.!!
Somehow I fear Russia much less than I do the upcoming B.O. administration. At least we know what Russia may do and the B.O. administration could cause the citizens of America to seek relief from tyranny at home . It looks very bad! THINK!

.......your're kidding right......the US can project more power with one.....just one.... Carrier Battle Group than anything the Russians and Chinese COMBINED could even begin to muster....

Don't sell yourselves short Rob who ever tells you your military "deterence" is lacking hasn't got a frigging clue.

Interestingly enough it is the Department of Defense and former high level State Department people who say it is lacking.

Further, a carrier battle group does not always get the job done. Our credibility is damaged when we bail on our allies and look weak internationally. A carrier battle group will not solve that problem. All the carrier groups in the world become meaningless if we send signals that we are not willing to use them.

I am not saying that we would lose a war to Russia or China right now, but our allies on their borders are not pleased when they do missile tests (or invade their neighbors) and our response is to cut missile defense and bail.

Why do you think that? As I have pointed out, Obama lucked out with a perfect storm of factors all external to himself. The only things internal to himself militated against him achieving his goal.

Werbung:
Obama has continually been backing off of missile defense as well. I think it is a mistake, have to wait to see what he does though.

I think the missile deffense sheild is a wast and not effective anyway regardless of if Russia puts missles near Poland. There is no way we can have those missles shields there and not expect Russia to do something to repay in kind that favor. Also I dont trust the system to work anyway.

As for the remarks about Obama meeting with Medvedev....anyone recall Bush's meeting with Putin? god that went well did it not? Bush came back all warm and fuzzy cuz he felt that the KGB man was someone we could trust because he looked in his eyes...HE is KGB you Tard wake up.

Back