Meet London's First Muslim Mayor

Reddie

While America contemplates banning Muslim travel to the U.S, the UK is embracing diversity . . .

. . . London elected a Muslim mayor.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-36235828
Labour MP for Tottenham, David Lammy, said the first Muslim mayor of any capital city in the EU could pave the way for a "prime minister of colour".

Having won 1,310,143 votes, Mr Khan received the largest personal mandate of any politician in UK history.
The world is changing.

Werbung:
Has he called for Sharia Law yet, or when do you comtemplate he will do so?

If you bother to read what Khan says and does, you'll see that he is fervently opposed to extremism and has criticised other politicians for not taking enough action on the matter.
He is a very intelligent man (he's a lawyer, a university lecturer and chairman at a civil liberties group) and knows how to handle his image and actions well to create a reliable persona, even amidst the slander he received from his political opponents.

It did that sometime ago which allowed a Muslim population to build. The election is just a reflection.

I don't believe the muslim citizens alone are capable of electing a mayor on London. London is not a christian-muslim bipole, but a multicultural city with many hindus, atheists, buddhists, taoists ,etc . You can't win by a 20% gap ahead of the other candidates by relying only on muslim voters.

Consider that he was also running against Zac Goldsmith the son of a billionaire, whereas Khan is a child of the working class, which seems to be more favourable among modern londoners considering the hardships people face in the modern UK capital.

I agree that he had to have the support of other voters, not just Muslims to win by such a wide margin. London is an extremely diverse and open-minded city as a whole. Also Khan's backstory does resonate with more Londoners than that of Goldsmith. Goldsmith was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. The majority of Londoners did not grow up that way at all and I think they saw more of themselves in Khan and that's essentially why they voted for him.

Khan isn't the first Muslim mayor in England as there's now quite a few that have taken office over various towns and cities throughout the country, the biggest news is that it's the first time England's capital as elected a Muslim.

Luckily for us in England, the mayor doesn't have all that much power to be honest, but when you look at how many voters are Muslim, and how many candidates are Muslim, it doesn't paint a very good picture for the future.

Well at least Khan himself has proven to be quite a diligent mayor. It's not even been two weeks since he was elected and already he moved to support LGBT rights, to create an affordable bus fare for people who have to use different consecutive busses to get where they want, and lastly opened the plans and fund of the Garden Bridge to the public to create transparency for the project.

Screw diversity. Focus on being inclusive instead. Also, who cares? I don't select candidates by their religion unless it is going to interfere with the job they are running for. In most cases it wouldn't.

Screw diversity. Focus on being inclusive instead. Also, who cares? I don't select candidates by their religion unless it is going to interfere with the job they are running for. In most cases it wouldn't.

There religion might not interfere with the job while they're running for it, but that doesn't mean it won't affect it if and when they get into power.

As I said before, Khan I'd the first midline that's got in as mayor, and while at the moment it's only been a couple if weeks, I'd like to see how he handles any sort of religious or racial issues that crop up.

In other cities where people have said that parts are becoming no go areas for white British people and provided evidence that some Muslim communities are being run under sharia law, the Muslim mayor of that city as turned a blind eye and said while he thinks it is happening, we shouldn't worry too much about it. What sort of response is that?

With London having the biggest Muslim community of any city in the UK, let's wait and see what sort of issues crop up, and what his reaction is.

If you bother to read what Khan says and does, you'll see that he is fervently opposed to extremism and has criticised other politicians for not taking enough action on the matter.
He is a very intelligent man (he's a lawyer, a university lecturer and chairman at a civil liberties group) and knows how to handle his image and actions well to create a reliable persona, even amidst the slander he received from his political opponents.

Hate it when I have to explain everything I say. My comment was one of sarcasm towards those who fear Muslims, and their attempts to impose Sharia Law such as that shown by pwarbi.

Werbung:
Hate it when I have to explain everything I say. My comment was one of sarcasm towards those who fear Muslims, and their attempts to impose Sharia Law such as that shown by pwarbi.

Sorry, I didn't catch your sarcasm.
I've heard enough absurdities being said in a serious manner that now I'm a little jumpy with sarcastic comments.

Back