1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

meeting strangers online

Discussion in 'House of Politics Lounge' started by roomfullofflowers, Jun 17, 2009.

1. roomfullofflowers

roomfullofflowers Member

What do you think, what's the difference between meeting a stranger online and meeting a stranger in the real world? Thoughts?

I saw a contest on this site: http://www.hivepals.com/ where you share funny horror stories about meeting people offline that you met online. I actually have a few good ones to share, but here's the best: I went to meet a guy – just as a friend cuz I was new in the area - and he turned out to be a cult leader auditioning followers. He took me to the Hare Krishna temple for charity food. He kept looking at me funny, I thought he was looking at my belly – when I asked him why he was looking at my waist so much he said he was trying to see if I had good birthing hips because he needed to repopulate the world. Maybe at least I can win an something for that one...

Got any stories of your own?

2. Das Tränegras

Das Tränegras Member

Sadly, no. -_-;

I've yet to meet any of the myriad people's I've met online. Although, they all seem like they would be down to earth and normal. Maybe a little crazy, but then, aren't we all?