Mel Gibson and that DUI

palefrost

Mel Gibson issued a lengthy statement today apologising for his drink driving arrest and saying he has battled alcoholism throughout his life.
yeah yeah fight the demon!

I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested," the actor said in a statement issued by his publicist.

"I disgraced myself and my family with my behaviour and for that I am truly sorry. I have battled with the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse."

Gibson said he was taking "necessary steps to ensure my return to health".

Hrmm heavy statement to make....

Gibson also apologised for what he called "my belligerent behaviour" when he was taken into custody

hrmmmm

"The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that IQ was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person," he said. "I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable."

Nierob and sheriff's officials declined to discuss what Gibson said.

What could old Mel have said to make nice nice with the hated media and pay off the officals to keep quiet about?

The quote

Mel was arrested for drunk driving, and had something to say that really didn't seem to pertain to the situation.

"F*****g Jews... The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world." Gibson then asked the deputy, "Are you a Jew?"

At the present time they are investigating

TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson went on a rampage when he was arrested Friday on suspicion of drunk driving, hurling religious epithets. TMZ has also learned that the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department had the initial report doctored to keep the real story under wraps.
http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/28/gibsons-anti-semitic-tirade-alleged-cover-up/

So...Do you think this is news worthy? Do you think we should ignore this as just a DWI or should he be held accountable for the threats he made on the deputy and the verbal abuse and sexual harassment he did to the female officer in the article. I'm interested in if you think celebrities should get a free get out of jail pass as Mel seemed to think during his arrest.

What about the comments as well. Do you think police did the right thing by creating a second report hiding the comments?

Werbung:
I don't think celebrities should get free passes, but it's a DUI thing. I don't read about the guy down the road when he pulls the same thing, including abusive language, but he's not a star either. Let Gibson pay the same as that guy down the road and let him work it out on his own.

vicki2 said:
I don't think celebrities should get free passes, but it's a DUI thing. I don't read about the guy down the road when he pulls the same thing, including abusive language, but he's not a star either. Let Gibson pay the same as that guy down the road and let him work it out on his own.

Totally agree. Everyone should own up to their mistakes no matter what their social status is.

Exactly.

But honestly, I don't really think the news needs to broadcast Gibson's DUI or his drunken behavior. I've seen lots of people say/do stupid things when drunk. Lots of people get DUIs without it being blasted all over the news.

Furthermore, Gibson has alluded to anti-Semitic tendencies when sober. Why is this a surprise to anyone?

The more prudent question should be, why do celebrities get off so easily when arrested? It can't all be about the money. Judges and jury's aren't bribed when the celebrity gets off.

I'm not sure but one thing I know that is true, when people get drunk, they tend to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the true so help them Budweiser.

Brandon said:
It can't all be about the money. Judges and jury's aren't bribed when the celebrity gets off.

My father has spent his entire adult life as a lawyer. He has repeatedly told me that even if one person isn't being bribed directly, it really is all about the money.

I'm really surprised its taken on the life it has in the press. Maybe its because this anti semitic theme has relevance to what we are seeing in the middle east? Is it fair to say the Jewish race doesn't forgive easily a slight?

Last night pictures of Mels drunk night hit the net. Honestly, for years i heard about his wild and crazy drug problems. I'm surprised now its all coming out.

However long it takes, what is done in the dark will eventually come to light.

But I must give him some respect he apologised and I believe he meant it.

I have been a journalist for over 18 years and I am sorry to say that as a group our profession has lost its way. When Mel Gibson's rantings are more important than world hunger and war there is something wrong.

I'm bothered by the fact not that Mel Gibson gets drunk and abusive, but that there's a whole portion of our society which feeds more on celebrity news or non-news than it pays attention to truly serious situations. They may know every detail of Gibson's latest, but do they know anything at all about what's happening in Lebanon? Or, do they care at all?

Quite. I mean, it's not good that Gibson has anti-Semitic tendencies, but I think the fact that there are people everywhere who cannot afford to support themselves and their families is a much worse problem. I think we need to focus on what's really important.

I agree in part. I myself like distraction from what i see on a daily bases in the world. I think alot of people use the celebrity world to distract them from the crap they see. I could be wrong but i do find it fascinating to watch how much attention celebrities get in the news. I'm sure they deliberately send ppl out and make sure they hit the papers. Each one has a publicists. that's why i find it amusing when the **** hits the fan they get all upset. If you feed the sharks they will bite dummies lol.

All I have to say about Mel Gibson and his DUI is...
Why are we discussing it??

Werbung:
Back