Merged Threads: The Gregg Chronicles

Re: White House blames Gregg

C'mon now NO..I mean Pandora... Neither one of us knows exactly what's behind all this, for now it's all just speculation.

I do think it's interesting however, that the WH is saying Gregg went back on his word to support the president's policies.

I think that is probably what happened.

I think it came down like this

Obama said I want you for the job but I want you to hand the census over to my office but you will have some say in how things go.

and the stim bill is going to have loads of tax cuts dont worry about it.

so he agrees, sounds workable

then later finds out he will have no control over the census and never in our history has something like this been done, and he will be forever known as the man who let it happen.

and it came out there was not so much in the way of tax cuts in the stim bill so he said no way

so obama probably did not tell him the whole truth but also he probably should not have agreed to anything till he asked and knew for sure the whole truth, either way I am glad he is out of it.

dont you like my new name better than the old one?

Werbung:

Here's a rather terse statement coming from the WH involving Sen. Gregg. Reading between the lines, it appears as if Gregg is being accused of lying. If nothing else, it serves as a reminder that though a Republican may serve in his cabinet, there is no question that Obama sets policy.

"Senator Gregg reached out to the President and offered his name for Secretary of Commerce. He was very clear throughout the interviewing process that despite past disagreements about policies, he would support, embrace, and move forward with the President's agenda. Once it became clear after his nomination that Senator Gregg was not going to be supporting some of President Obama's key economic priorities, it became necessary for Senator Gregg and the Obama administration to part ways. We regret that he has had a change of heart."

you mean the president is in charge? gasp!
guess since for last 8 years he was not many thing, this could be shocking.

Any chance the WH went back on its word about what Obama's policies (huge expansion of liberalism and govt control disguised as "stimulus", rather than something that actually stimulates the economy) would be, and that's why Gregg left?

umm he is the president....the policy of the white house is what he says it is...deal with it or leave....that's normally how it goes....

I think that is probably what happened.

I think it came down like this

Obama said I want you for the job but I want you to hand the census over to my office but you will have some say in how things go.

and the stim bill is going to have loads of tax cuts dont worry about it.

so he agrees, sounds workable

then later finds out he will have no control over the census and never in our history has something like this been done, and he will be forever known as the man who let it happen.

and it came out there was not so much in the way of tax cuts in the stim bill so he said no way

so obama probably did not tell him the whole truth but also he probably should not have agreed to anything till he asked and knew for sure the whole truth, either way I am glad he is out of it.

dont you like my new name better than the old one?

when you have a clue what happened, maybe someone will care what you think.

I have a lot of respect for this guy. Basically he's telling everybody that he won't dance for nobody... Awesome!

Merged Threads: The Gregg Cronicles

OK Folks,
There are two different threads covering virtually the same subject. I am going to merge them. In the future please avoid this. Happy posting:D

Re: Gregg refuses nomination as Commerce Secretary

Thank God!
I am so glad he backed away from this.
Yeah....he went with his gut, no doubt.​

"My decision to withdraw my nomination to be secretary of commerce was made solely due to differences in political ideology with the administration and the concern that I could not properly serve the president in his Cabinet with full support for his initiatives at all times due to these differences," Gregg said in his statement Friday. "To somehow imply anything else is totally false."

:rolleyes:

Yeah....he went with his gut, no doubt.

:rolleyes:

Speaking of 'same old stupidity'. Seems like ever since Obama got into office, the left has systematically eliminate all intelligence from their posts.

Werbung:

Speaking of 'same old stupidity'. Seems like ever since Obama got into office, the left has systematically eliminate all intelligence from their posts.
.....i.e. Gregg has been BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Back