Michael Moore SCHOOLS Sean Hannity On REALITY!!

Mr. Shaman

Show everyone how it's DONE, MICHAEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.med.png

Werbung:
I love listening to Hannity insist the CRA caused the crash. It just reminds me how clueless his audience is.

Personally I think Moore looked pretty weak on it...outside the WMD part. Sean was more correct on Afghanistan and Al Qaeda. I wish they had actuly talked about movie and bail outs more, since I thought that was the issue to be had here.

Kinda thought that was why Hannity kept poking the Al Qaeda questions at Michael Moore...Sean couldn't argue about the current movie so to catch Michael off guard...IMO...Sean just kept firing the old redundant questions at him {kept Michael off his game and it would make Sean look BRILLIANT}. Hannity is pretty transparent ;)

Kinda thought that was why Hannity kept poking the Al Qaeda questions at Michael Moore...Sean couldn't argue about the current movie so to catch Michael off guard...IMO...Sean just kept firing the old redundant questions at him {kept Michael off his game and it would make Sean look BRILLIANT}. Hannity is pretty transparent ;)

IF MICHAEL MORE ever LOOKS or SOUNDS GOOD to the majority of sane Americans then YOU will know AMERICA is FASCIST!! Case Closed!

I love listening to Hannity insist the CRA caused the crash. It just reminds me how clueless his audience is.
So you do not beleive that people were given mortgages, that they could not afford,
has nothing to do with the mortgage crisis?
Are you nuts?

So you do not beleive that people were given mortgages, that they could not afford,
Are you nuts?

the facts are that it was deregulation, that allowed commercial banks and investment banks to merge, this merger led to the creation of financial products that made the issuing of loans to people who couldnt afford them PROFITABLE, as the large investment banks were able to bundle these loans, sell them, offset their books, pay their own regulators to give them triple A ratings, and thus scam the system and puncture holes in Capitalism itself.

The CRA did not FORCE banks to give loans to people who couldn't pay them. The Profitability of those loans provided the motivation to give as many of them as possible.

Profit motivation

Im not saying that bad loans wasn't a MAJOR factor in the collapse, it certainly was one of 3 major factors. But the rhetoric that it was this sides fault, because of this one thing... .... frankly, its just stupid. Big problems, have big causes. Trying to sum them up on the one thing you can use to attack your political enemy is a sign of intellectual weakness.

Are you nuts?
Yeah....right....it was always the borrowers' fault....

:rolleyes:

"Jim Grant calls it an invitation to fraud. "You apply to a bank, or a mortgage broker for a loan. And you would fill out a form. And you would say, 'I have an income of, oh, $400,000 a year.' They say, 'You do? Fine. Just sign right there.' And they would nod, and because they were being paid, not by the veracity of the information, but by the consummation of the deal. The lending office would say, 'Ah. You have verified this?' 'Why, yes, we have.' And the lending officer would say, 'Great. So do I.' And he'd pass it on to Wall Street," Grant says.

"And he got a cut, too?" Kroft asks.

"Yes, oh, yes. Everyone get$ a cut," Grant says.

Almost all of the people involved in the transactions made huge amount$ of money, then passed the risk on to somebody else. Instead of keeping the dicey loans in their own portfolios, the big banks and giant mortgage companies that originally underwrote them resold the mortgages to big New York investment houses.

Firms like Bear Stearns and Merrill Lynch sliced the loans into little pieces and packaged them up with other investments, then sold them to their best customers around the world as high-yield mortgage-backed securities, turning sows' ears into silk purses, all with the blessing of rating agencies like Standard & Poor’s.

"At every step in the way, somebody has his or her hand out, getting paid. And everyone, for the time, is happy. The broker got paid. He or she was happy. The lending officer, ditto. The rating agencies got paid for passing judgment on these securities. They, too, were pleased, and their stockholders were happy. And on and on. And it would never end, except that it did," Grant says.

It was all predicated on the idea that real estate prices would keep going up, and up and up, and for a long time they did. But by the summer of 2005, speculators flipping houses in Stockton had helped drive the price of that four-bedroom house to more than $400,000 and the market began to soften, then to tumble."

VULTURE KAPITALI$M at it's finest....

:rolleyes:

789.gif

the facts are that it was deregulation, that allowed commercial banks and investment banks to merge, this merger led to the creation of financial products that made the issuing of loans to people who couldnt afford them profitable, as the large investment banks were able to bundle these loans, sell them, offset their books, pay their own regulators to give them triple a ratings, and thus scam the system and puncture holes in capitalism itself.

The cra did not force banks to give loans to people who couldn't pay them. The profitability of those loans provided the motivation to give as many of them as possible.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

710.gif

IF MICHAEL MORE ever LOOKS or SOUNDS GOOD to the majority of sane Americans then YOU will know AMERICA is FASCIST!! Case Closed!

Your assertions that you would know a 'sane' person let alone a 'majority of sane Americans'...well now that is absurd and given the numerous post that are right out of the 'twilight zone' that you share with us...I'll take Michael Moore statements and what he does and what he represents any day over your POV ;)

the facts are that it was deregulation, that allowed commercial banks and investment banks to merge, this merger led to the creation of financial products that made the issuing of loans to people who couldnt afford them PROFITABLE, as the large investment banks were able to bundle these loans, sell them, offset their books, pay their own regulators to give them triple A ratings, and thus scam the system and puncture holes in Capitalism itself.

The CRA did not FORCE banks to give loans to people who couldn't pay them. The Profitability of those loans provided the motivation to give as many of them as possible.

Profit motivation

Im not saying that bad loans wasn't a MAJOR factor in the collapse, it certainly was one of 3 major factors. But the rhetoric that it was this sides fault, because of this one thing... .... frankly, its just stupid. Big problems, have big causes. Trying to sum them up on the one thing you can use to attack your political enemy is a sign of intellectual weakness.

Very nicely put...the question is why did the legislators allow the regulatory changes to occur? Everything points to a mixture of appeasing lower income voters and campaign contibuting special interest groups. Even more disconcerting is that regulators looked the other way when things were done that were clearly outside the lines of legal practice. Yet, of the regulators, auditors, and rating agencies; no one is going to jail? How does that work?

Werbung:
Your assertions that you would know a 'sane' person let alone a 'majority of sane Americans'...well now that is absurd and given the numerous post that are right out of the 'twilight zone' that you share with us...I'll take Michael Moore statements and what he does and what he represents any day over your POV ;)

I have no argument with Michael Moore's questions, but instead of just rolling off on a half comedic theory he should really do his homework and dig a little deeper to understand the real accounting scandal that occurred.

I reference again that he admits that he has never owned a share of stock and doesn't understand a balance sheet. How do you do a documentary on Capitalism if you haven't participated in it. Oh, but he did finance his movie, so I guess that counts.

Back