1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Michael Moore/"Sicko"; RIGHT, About Health-Care!!!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

....and, the former-Head Of Public Relations for CIGNA (one of the nation's largest insurers) tells Bill Moyers WHY!!!!

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

Below is a story about our wonderful Oregon Government "free" health care....

Older people are doomed if Government health care is passed.

Health plan covers assisted suicide but not new cancer treatment
    SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Barbara Wagner has one wish - for more time.

"I'm not ready, I'm not ready to die," the Springfield woman said. "I've got things I'd still like to do."

Her doctor offered hope in the new chemotherapy drug Tarceva, but the Oregon Health Plan sent her a letter telling her the cancer treatment was not approved.

Instead, the letter said, the plan would pay for comfort care, including "physician aid in dying," better known as assisted suicide.

"I told them, I said, 'Who do you guys think you are?' You know, to say that you'll pay for my dying, but you won't pay to help me possibly live longer?' " Wagner said.

http://www.kval.com/news/26140519.html

3. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
    Sometimes it really pays to read the entire article and with all things that pertain to the medical/prescription companies...don't leave any stone unturned and never - ever take the first denial of coverages as the written in stone answer...keep trying and keep asking!!! Stories such as this headline are currently flooding our media air ways paid by the major medical providers such as Blue Cross & Blue Shield/Cigna/Humana etc., etc., etc., ;)
    They scare the masses into running the other direction when it comes to the 'CHANGES' in health care and with WHOM the 'big profiteering major medical coverages' will have to answer too...it worked for these big profiteering corporations back in the 90's and now they are doing the 'SCARE TACTICS ONCE AGAIN...DO NOT BE SHEEPLE AND BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!

4. Pandora

The woman was denied treatment, we as Oregon tax payers pay a great deal of money for this stupid program that is not working.

With enough people writing letters and protesting, eventually the state will give her treatment and that is a good thing.

The point is, we are paying a great deal as Oregon tax payers for this program that has us deep in debt and the program is not working in a way people would and should expect it to work.

5. Pandora

nice to see you highlighted something important. The EVIL pharmaceutical company gave her something for free because the pathetic oregon "free" government health care denied her anything but help with suicide.

thats one for the "evil" pharmaceutical company and 0 for the government

6. Pandora

In reguards to your lovely message with your "attempt at" negative rep....

From Dottie ...."you are obviously sooo clueless about how much the pharmaceutical dole out for free to anyone that asks for help...but just continue on with your ignorance, you wear it well"

I never said the pharmaceuticals dole out a whole lot of anything. I said in THIS case, when the "free" healthcare offered by my state at a HUGE cost to us tax payers refused to help the woman except to pay for her to die. In THIS ONE case, the pharmaceutical company was the one to come to the womans aid, NOT the pathetic government who over taxes us for the "free" health care.

on a side note, thank you again for your wonderful insults, its been almost 3 days without a personal attack from you... I was worried you were not feeling yourself.

7. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    why is it people post stories about someone told they cant get some health care program done...as if that shows the goverment is horrible at it....and will kill them all...yet cant wrap it around there head that Insurance companies do that evry day, all the time?

8. Pandora

If private insurance does it without making you or I pay for it, does that make it ok for government insurance to do it while making you and I pay for it?

Why must those who want government health care get upset when someone shows them cases where government health care did not work.

I know of no one saying things are perfect or should not be changed. We are just saying the alternative option here has problems of its own, and those who seem to want it get mad, upset, defensive when anyone brings up the fact that where its been tried it has not worked.

why cant the two sides get together and find a third option that works

9. samsara15

samsara15 Member

If health costs keep rising like they have been, many people will no longer be able to afford them. Most Canadians I have talked to consider the Canandian plan to be working fairly well, and we encounter Canadians quite often in our travels. Doctors and hospitals need to do more themselves to contain costs.

10. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

Grow up 'BIB' you created the tit 4 tat and now you whine like a stuck pig when anyone nails you for your 'rather' thoughtless posts...WAAAAAA
    Yep, I stand by what I said and you continual cut & paste just proves my point...TY 'BIB' :D
    No, but here you are again...reinstating the 'FACT' that you are clueless about what the pharmaceuticals do provide and what they have been providing for years...they gouge Americans and provide the same exact thing to Canada cheaper then they are selling/marketing to US the Americans. IF you are soooo unhappy with your individual states ability to stay current with the health program that they admittedly stated: "We are looking at today's ... 2008 treatment, but we're using 1993 standards," Fryefield said. "When the Oregon Health Plan was created, it was 15 years ago, and there were not all the chemotherapy drugs that there are today."
    ...then get off your arse and become an advocate for your local state...put your mouth to some 'GOOD USE' instead of just cherry picking a horror story for emphasis to plaster up here!!! :rolleyes:
    Hey, pull them big girl panties up and get real...if you can't handle a criticism then don't post...your whining about 'PEOPLE ATTACKING ME' is B.S. it's your clueless postings that garner you a 'CLUELESS AWARD' that's what adults do! ;)

11. Pandora

All of your personal insults are well taken, thank you!

So, back to the topic at hand.

Are you denying that this woman was refused help by the Oregon State Government "free" medical health care that Oregon residents are forced to pay for except they are willing to have us tax payers pay for her death and calling that help?

and are you denying that a private pharmaceutical company stepped in and is giving to her for free what the State of Oregon's 'free' Governement health care refused to give her?

12. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

whimper/whine/WAAAAA
    Nope, not at all...just trying to get the rest of the board to focus on the 'FACTS' of your highly emotional misguided cherry picking selective cut & paste from your very own article:
    AND THEN THIS ONE TOO:

and yet here you are again:
    When I clearly stated that: No, but here you are again...reinstating the 'FACT' that you are clueless about what the pharmaceuticals do provide and what they have been providing for years...they gouge Americans and provide the same exact thing to Canada cheaper then they are selling/marketing to US the Americans. :rolleyes:

All she would have had to do was to discuss her 'non-coverage' with her pharmacist and they could have/would have provided her with the forms to get the pharmaceutical company to provide her with the specific meds at a reduced price or for 'FREE'...but as with most of your ability to misquote/misinterpret/never check for the FACTS...you bring to the forum a emotionally charge cut & selective paste about a women that did get her meds!!! ;)

13. Pandora

You have no problem with Oregonians being forced to pay for "free" health care then when a person actually needs it the "free" government health care says no.. but we will pay for you to kill yourself.

You seriously have no problem with that?

Even if it were you they were offering to kill, I would have a problem with it. That is really sad.

The pharmaceutical company stepping in and helping the woman was nice but wont happen every time a person is denied.

This is not "cherrry picking" this is a case happening within 8 miles of my house, a local issue for me that is currently in the news.

14. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

It might behoove you to take your angst and point it towards your elected officials...since I do not know the entire reasons that this was voted on 15 years ago and as your elected officials have stated on the record: "We are looking at today's ... 2008 treatment, but we're using 1993 standards," Fryefield said. "When the Oregon Health Plan was created, it was 15 years ago, and there were not all the chemotherapy drugs that there are today."

Then you would have a 'GREAT CAUSE' to railroad some CHANGE that needs to be implemented immediately;)
    But for you to continue to challenge me on what I have a problem with and what I do not have a problem with {your hysteria is what I have a problem with and misquoting/misrepresentation/knee jerk reactions} :D

I would venture to say that this may be problematic to more then just this 'lady who lives down the street from you' but now that you've got the 'bit' in your mouth away you do run without any factual knowledge or clue {heavy sigh} You react to the tiny snowflake falling out of the sky meanwhile the avalanche is about to roll over you...LMAO

15. Pandora

You seem to have no interest in taking, just attempted insults so lets not bother ok

There is no point!