Michael Moore/"Sicko"; RIGHT, About Health-Care!!!

Below is a story about our wonderful Oregon Government "free" health care....

Older people are doomed if Government health care is passed.

Health plan covers assisted suicide but not new cancer treatment.
I guess you haven't gotten the most-current Deather-Memo, yet.....

:rolleyes:

"On July 16, Betsy McCaughey falsely claimed that the House health care reform bill would "absolutely require" end-of-life counseling for seniors "that will tell them how to end their life sooner."

Since then, numerous media figures have echoed McCaughey's claim -- even after the falsehood was debunked and McCaughey herself backtracked.http://mediamatters.org/research/200907310051"

Werbung:
If private insurance does it without making you or I pay for it, does that make it ok for government insurance to do it while making you and I pay for it?

Why must those who want government health care get upset when someone shows them cases where government health care did not work.
Yeah.....what were we thinking?

I am talking about the SPRINGFIELD, Ore. -- Barbara Wagner case. I have no idea of the case you are talking about.
Well....I'm not talkin'-about the "benefits" of having health-in$urance.​

"The news from Barbara Wagner's doctor was bad, but the rejection letter from her in$urance company was crushing.

The 64-year-old Oregon woman, whose lung cancer had been in remission, learned the disease had returned and would likely kill her. Her last hope was a $4,000-a-month drug that her doctor prescribed for her, but the in$urance company refused to pay.

The health plan, for those whose incomes fall under the poverty level, prioritizes coverage (Gee....no mention of her doctor!) -- from prevention first, to chronic disease management, treatment of mental health, heart and cancer treatment.

But even those who support liberal death laws say Wagner's predicament is reflective of in$urance attitudes nationwide.

"Her case is hardly unique," said Michigan lawyer Geoffrey Fieger, who defended Dr. Jack Kevorkian's crusade to legalize physician-assisted deaths. "In the rest of the country in$urance companies are making these decisions and are not paying for suicide," Fieger told ABCNews.com. "Involuntary choices are foisted on people all the time by virtue of denials."

"The problem with the Oregon plan is it sounds like administrator$, not physicians, are making treatment decisions," he said. "And if a patient can get assisted death paid for but not cancer treatment, the choice is obvious."

Well....I'm not talkin'-about the "benefits" of having health-in$urance.​

Her insurance was the Oregon Health Care plan. The "free" health care that all Oregon tax payers are forced to pay for.

That is the insurance that denied her help and only offered to kill her at tax payer expense.

This was not a private insurance, it is a government insurance.

Her insurance was the Oregon Health Care plan. The "free" health care that all Oregon tax payers are forced to pay for.

That is the insurance that denied her help and only offered to kill her at tax payer expense.

This was not a private insurance, it is a government insurance.
Yeah....they're definitely in-need of the Public Plan!!!!
"But Oregon's health care efficiencies work against Oregonians when it comes to the complex and politically-charged Medicare system.

If Congress does not make meaningful changes in the government health insurance program for Americans 65 and older, Oregon will remain a place where doctors and hospitals get among the lowest Medicare payments in the nation.

How Congress deals with that inequity may affect the benefits Oregonians receive in their Medicare coverage, what they pay for supplemental insurance and whether they can find a doctor.

A House reform plan proposes across-the-board cuts in Medicare, and that will be "very harsh" on Oregon, said Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., a member of the Senate Finance Committee, which also is producing a health care reform plan.

"I will fight it as hard as I can," he said."

It does sound like health-care Lobbyi$t$ have gotten-to Oregon's House!​

It is the public plan, the "free" stuff that tax payers are forced to pay for that denied her help.

This same public plan does work for some people though.

There is an illegal alien who raped, beat and killed two 11 year old girls after he bit their nipples off of them and other horrible things.

He is on death row and has been receiving treatment for failing kidneys, he is even on the donor list all at tax payer expense.

So the public health care is good for some

I am very sure you would aprove of helping this guy...

So, you are citing an example of government run care not working, as a reason we need government run care?

You don't see the fallacy of this logic? At least that explains why most of your posts are nuts.

That's a great post Shaman!

Hey the Righties usually pick at you for not giving in-depth info and just hitting them with a quick one liner...
....More-often-than-not with a link embeded...where the title, ALONE, usually blows their rhetoric straight-OUTTA-THE-WATER!!!!

Of course, there's always that literacy-issue with-which they're dealing.

....this time TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!:D

Keep up the good work...:D
They make it toooooooooooooooooo easy.....

"RAM operates on a shoestring budget of about $250,000 a year. Yet, last year, it treated 17,000 patients."

In 2005, MSNBC estimated that Medicare would need to find an estimated $27.8 trillion and that by 2019 it would be unable to pay its bills.

In fact, President Obama has stated "Medicare and Medicaid are the single biggest drivers of the federal deficit and the federal debt by a huge margin."

Obama continually talks about "slowing" the growth of healthcare spending, but slowing the growth does not eliminate the debt or deficit. This is not the solution that we need.

Either there has to be a serious cut in spending (meaning less care) or there has to be a drastic tax increase to come up with the estimated $27.8 trillion and counting. Taxing the rich cannot get this amount.

The 2009 budget estimate for Medicare is $413 billion. Then of course there is the additional cost of Medicaid as well.

Bush tried to reform Medicare and failed, due to political reasons, what makes the Obama plan to reform it better, and how exactly does he think we are going to "save" money simply by "slowing" the huge growth of the deficit?

In 2005, MSNBC estimated that Medicare would need to find an estimated $27.8 trillion and that by 2019 it would be unable to pay its bills.

In fact, President Obama has stated "Medicare and Medicaid are the single biggest drivers of the federal deficit and the federal debt by a huge margin."

Obama continually talks about "slowing" the growth of healthcare spending, but slowing the growth does not eliminate the debt or deficit. This is not the solution that we need.

Either there has to be a serious cut in spending (meaning less care) or there has to be a drastic tax increase to come up with the estimated $27.8 trillion and counting. Taxing the rich cannot get this amount.
True....but, totally cuttin' 'em outta-the-game would be the most-obvious desired-result!

"So it's proper to remind ourselves what that American-way entails. For if the insurers have proved anything over the last 15 years as the health crisis has gathered speed like an avalanche roaring downhill, it's that they're part of the problem, not the solution.

The firms take billions of dollars out of the U.S. healthcare wallet as profits, while imposing enormous administrative costs on doctors, hospitals, employers and patients. They've introduced complexity into the system at every level. Your doctor has to fight them to get approval for the treatment he or she thinks is best for you. Your hospital has to fight them for approval for every day you're laid up. Then they have to fight them to get their bills paid, and you do too."

....More-often-than-not with a link embeded...where the title, ALONE, usually blows their rhetoric straight-OUTTA-THE-WATER!!!!

Of course, there's always that literacy-issue with-which they're dealing.

They make it toooooooooooooooooo easy.....

I did a post on this. I tried to tell them... CLICK ON SHAMAN'S UNDERLINED WORDS AND LEARN SOMETHING.

They'd rather not learn something and complain.

The news is starting to come out that things are turning around for the better. But sadly they have a vested interest rooting for America to fail.

They hate loosing to President Obama so much that's all many on the far Right have left... blind useless nonproductive negativity.

But America is starting to make that big comeback!!!!!!!!!!!

Surveys Report Good Economic Signs
July 02, 2009
Maybe the worst part of the recession is over.
At least, that’s the word from a few economic indicators recently released that found...

Home Sales Surge, Raising Hope That Sector Is Recovering
In this June 16, 2009 photo, a new home sign points to a home in Happy Valley, Ore. The government said Monday, July 27, new U.S. home sales rose by the largest amount in nearly nine years last month, in another sign the housing market is finally bouncing back from the worst downturn in decades.(AP Photo/Rick Bowmer) (Rick Bowmer - AP)

Economic Good News
From Andrew J. Policano, Dean of The Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California, Irvine
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Positive earnings reports
According to Thomson Reuters, 77% of the 184 S&P companies have reported earnings above expectations this quarter.

Werbung:
No....I've been citing the results of a BLOATED health-care in$urance-indu$try that need$ federal-$ub$idie$ to $urvive!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So again, your brilliant idea is that we are going to have all doctors become volunteers? RAM is a volunteer mission. You really think we can just force all doctors and nurses to become volunteers? Well that's just brilliant. Another classic Forest Gump quality post.

Back