Michael Phelps vs. The "Drug War"

For all-o'-you-folks who're concerned about the availability of hard-drugs, I'm sure your buds, at the Big Pharmas, already have the logistics figured-out.

You did not respond to the issue...

Aside from that, do you have any credible evidence that Pfizer (for example) will be set up to supply and transport heroin, or any other "hard-drug"?

Werbung:
So if we legalize drugs we no longer need cops, judges, and prison guards? If we legalize drugs who will manage it? The government. When has the government done anything efficiently?
No PROB!!!!

"I don't like pot," said the congressman. "But I hate the drug war, so I would repeal all of prohibition. But, I wouldn't even bother taxing it. People have the right in a free country to make important decisions on their own lives. If they want to make mistakes, they can. They just can't come crawling to the government to get bailed out or taken care of if they get sick.

"I believe in freedom of choice in all that we do, as long as the individual never hurts anybody else. So that means I would get rid of all the federal laws. I would dispose with the drug war. We're spending tens, if not hundreds of billions of dollars on this, then we march into places like California, override state laws, arrest sick people and put them in prison."

"It makes no sense whatsoever," he insisted."

Post-Prohibition, they'd be considered VICTORY Gardens!!!

Libertarians are in the minority here. If drugs are made legal, it would be regulated and taxed. Further, the issue does not live and die on marijuana, it is connected to drugs like cocaine and heroin.
Fine!!

Then, give Pot the same status as beer & wine; grow-your-own...no sales.

The big problem is....Republicans would have to spend serious-time, on-their-knees, to get the Big Pharmas to buy-into-it.

"Speaking Monday at the San Francisco press conference, a retired Orange County judge said "the most harmful thing about marijuana today is prison." Judge James P. Gray, who recently retired from his 25-year post and has run for Congress as a Republican, said prohibition of pot "clog the court system."

"The stronger we get on marijuana, the softer we get with regard to all other prosecutions because we have only so many resources," Gray said. "And we at this moment, have thousands of people in state prison right this minute who did nothing but smoke marijuana."

How logical Conservatives manage to get....in retirement!!!!

Americans Growing Kinder to Bud

pot.PNG

Werbung:
"Legalized medical marijuana is about to make its debut in Michigan, which becomes the 13th state and the first between the Rockies and the East Coast to embrace the controversial pain treatment. In a vote last November that defied the culture war/reefer madness connotation to the illegal drug, 63 percent of the state's voters—and a majority in every county—said yes to medical marijuana. The measure collected 250,000 more votes than Barack Obama, who won the state easily.

"This shows that, bottom line, medical use of marijuana is not very controversial with the public," said Wendy Chapkis, co-author of "Dying to Get High: Marijuana as Medicine."

THANKS, ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Back