Michele Bachmann officially leaves her church

PLC1

Staff member

Washington (CNN) - Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann has long been a darling of conservative evangelicals, but shortly before announcing her White House bid, she officially quit a church she’d belonged to for years.

The Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod has come under criticism from some Catholics for its views on the papacy, an institution that the denomination calls the Antichrist.

"We identify the Antichrist as the Papacy," the denomination's website says. "This is an historical judgment based on Scripture."

Of course, this move has nothing to do with political ambitions or the need for Catholics to vote for her.

Does it?

Werbung:
Unlike Obama didnt leave his church when wright said
GOD+DAMN+AMERICA+wright.PNG

Of course, this move has nothing to do with political ambitions or the need for Catholics to vote for her.

Does it?

Lutherans have been at odds with the RCC for some time. Practicing Catholics can't vote for Obama given his stance on Abortion non-practicing ones, well, if they were of a mind to vote for him once they're liable to do it again.

Lutherans have been at odds with the RCC for some time. Practicing Catholics can't vote for Obama given his stance on Abortion non-practicing ones, well, if they were of a mind to vote for him once they're liable to do it again.

That gives them quite a choice, doesn't it? vote for the most pro choice president in recent history, for someone who belonged to a church that thinks that the Pope is the Antichrist, or vote for a Mormon.

I wonder which way they will lean?

That gives them quite a choice, doesn't it? vote for the most pro choice president in recent history, for someone who belonged to a church that thinks that the Pope is the Antichrist, or vote for a Mormon.

I already covered that. Lots of people have no use for the pope, thats why they thought JFK would never get elected. He got elected anyway mainly because of the 1st amendment. A poitition who condones murder (in the estimation of those opposed to abortion) is another matter. I see you are similarly prejudiced against Mormans. Maybe they'll vote for who seems to be most capable of getting this country out of the mess it's in. Or they'll vote democrat.

I already covered that. Lots of people have no use for the pope, thats why they thought JFK would never get elected. He got elected anyway mainly because of the 1st amendment. A poitition who condones murder (in the estimation of those opposed to abortion) is another matter. I see you are similarly prejudiced against Mormans. Maybe they'll vote for who seems to be most capable of getting this country out of the mess it's in. Or they'll vote democrat.

Just so I understand your position: Who got us into this financial mess, in your opinion?

Sorry to disapoint you, but I know quite a few practicing Catholics who have voted for Obama and still plan on voting for him!

I am not a "practicing Catholic," and neither is my husband, be we still support Obama.

Once and for all. . .Pro-CHOICE is NOT Pro-abortion.

And Pro-life is a misnomer, as many "pro-life" people are also proponent of death penalty, wars, and not especially supportive of universal health care, or education funding. . . which is kind of a hypocritical stand!

I would think that ANYONE who argues for smaller governemental involvement in people's life would appreciate that Obama prefers to live it to people to make those life changing decisions!

He certainly is not pushing ANYONE to have an abortion!

... Maybe they'll vote for who seems to be most capable of getting this country out of the mess it's in. ...

Thank you. I appreciate the thought. However I am busy. Still, its easy to go with second-best. Obama will be on the ticket.

.)

Sorry to disapoint you, but I know quite a few practicing Catholics who have voted for Obama and still plan on voting for him!

I am not a "practicing Catholic," and neither is my husband, be we still support Obama.

Once and for all. . .Pro-CHOICE is NOT Pro-abortion.

And Pro-life is a misnomer, as many "pro-life" people are also proponent of death penalty, wars, and not especially supportive of universal health care, or education funding. . . which is kind of a hypocritical stand!

I would think that ANYONE who argues for smaller governemental involvement in people's life would appreciate that Obama prefers to live it to people to make those life changing decisions!

He certainly is not pushing ANYONE to have an abortion!

Excellent post.

Practicing Catholics also could not vote for McCain or Bush..that little Death penalty thing gets in the way...Good Catholics can't vote for really anyone running...so O well.

I am a practicing Catholic, and given my options, I would choose the Mormon. That said, I know many Catholics who are not single issue voters (ie abortion) and make up their minds based on other issues.

Werbung:
Would religion play at all in a person's choice for an American president? Unless, of course, the candidate was hoping to make America a theocracy?

Back