MIT Designs WOW Shack

GenSeneca

World of Warcraft goes down the toilet

wow_gallery__333x400.jpg

...Created by boffins at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), the contraption is described as "an immersive architectural solution for the advanced WoW (World of Warcraft) player that provides and anticipates all life needs".

The role playing game's long quests encourage players to slog it out for hours at a time, and when playing in groups, one player leaving for a toilet break can throw off the rhythm for everyone.

wow2_gallery__451x400.jpg

Enter the WoW pod, which is entirely self-contained and is designed to resemble a hut featured in the game. Inside, the throne doubles as a toilet, while next to the computer sits a cooking pot and automated stove top.

wow5_gallery__600x400.jpg

Within reach is water and pre-packaged food with names such as "Crunchy Spider Surprise" and "Beer Basted Ribs". All the player has to do is select a food item and a seasoning pack.
wow4_gallery__544x400.jpg

We're not quite to the point of living in Matrix like pods where we're totally removed from the real world but damn we're getting close!

Werbung:
I have heard of World of Warcraft, its not my type of thing, but to each thier own. I am aware that some people take it quite serious, and there is a large community behind the game.

This on the other hand seems to be a bit much to me. I guess we should never underestimate the imagination of a mission oriented nerd. But I was hoping to see more come out of a project from MIT. Shouldnt they be focusing on making WoW into some sort of holographic reality, instead they put together a nerd cave. I could create in my home bathroom in less than a day. Make a table for the cpu, put a microwave under the magazine rack, stock medicine cabinet with ramen and spam. Mine even has a shower(which WoW players probably wouldnt use anyways. ;)

Werbung:
OTOH, while I'm raiding, I have been known to eat and drink at my computer and I have a bathroom in the same room that my computer is in (spare bedroom) so I almost have the same set up on a larger scale.

Raiding is intense and often difficult. It can provide many long hours of entertainment that is difficult to beat anywhere. I've tried playing PS3 games but they don't compare.

Back