1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Mitt Romney confronted on medical marijuana

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by roomfullofflowers, Oct 12, 2007.

1. roomfullofflowers

roomfullofflowers New Member

I do not like Mitt Romney. I was filled with hatred on a lot of levels while watching this clip of Romney explaining to a wheelchair-bound lifelong muscular dystrophy sufferer that he would indeed arrest him for his "crime": Romney confronted

2. berreal

berreal New Member

Joseph Smith ...think about it ...Joseph Smith!!

Is'nt it obvious this crack pot religion was created out of a desire to relocate orginal Christianity to America?

Joseph Smith was born in Vermont and moved to western NY where God and his son Jesus actually came and speak to him under a grove tree????

Just stop and think about that for a minute .... if I was to tell you this story today ...what would you think of me?

Now fast forward to the present ...we still have people believing in this crack-pot religon today??

And one of it's believers is actually running for president ...and taken seriously??

See .....to me ... the Joseph Smith story ...ranks right up their with the 40 virgins after death ..theory!!
    To think that people actually take this guy seriously ...in 2007 ..not 1407 ... I find stunning.

3. USMC the Almighty

USMC the Almighty New Member

First Amendment, berreal.

4. roomfullofflowers

roomfullofflowers New Member

I don't have a problem with mormons or mormonism or religion in general, though I don't adhere to any of them. I was born in Trumansburg, NY - which just happens to be where Joseph Smith found the peepstone with which he could read the ancient tablets... also found in this lovely upstate new york redneck town... I just have a problem with someone who prizes compassion and morality and claims to adhere to a strict path so clearly having no compassion and being a sleazy shallow politician. I watched the video and realized there were thousands of ways that he could have handled that situation, and he chose the most fearful way, you can see the fear in his eyes.

5. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Don't you mean supposedly, or maybe, allegedly "found the peepstone"? I mean, that is just one more dubious story among the many dubious stories that religions are based on.