MO Car dealer: Buy a pickup truck, get a free AK-47

Little-Acorn

There's a dealer in Butler, Missouri who is giving away a free voucher to get an AK-47 rifle at a local gun store, with each pickup truck he sells. He did the same thing last year, only then it was a pistol, not an AK.

Customers are buying trucks like crazy from the guy. Naturally, the media, bloggers etc. are going ballistic, predicting all the horrible consequences that will happen... with no data to back up their claims, of course.

Even funnier are the flagrant falsehoods showing up in article after article. Two articles I've seen so far, say the guy is giving a free MACHINE GUN with every truck.
(see http://newslite.tv/2009/07/21/buy-a-truck-get-a-free-ak47-ma.html)
(another: http://www.inquisitr.com/29539/ulti...ch-buy-a-pickup-truck-get-a-free-machine-gun/)

Another says you have to get a CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT before you can get your gun (apparently that "reporter" has never tried to carry an AK concealed).
(see http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/bizarre&id=6920714)

It's always a hoot to see ignorant, hysterical morons try to tell others what's going on in the real world.

Werbung:
Sounds like you're a big supporter of this plan. Guess you think helping Russia is a really swell idea. It always seems amusing when the ignorant, hysterical morons try to preach America first, then support helping Russia. Since you're one of that pack, you probably didn't know the AK-47 is a Russian assault rifle, but maybe you did and you're just a hypicritical wingnut that loves those Red Commies.

That makes no sense to anyone Comrad. Try again to defend your Red Commie lovin' stance.

He has come up with a great marketing idea: Cash in on the current boom in the sales of arms and ammunition that has been sparked by the current fear that Obama is going to put a stop to arms sales.

Of course, the pres has said that he supports the Second Amendment and has no plans to curtail gun sales, but then what good, faithful Republican is going to believe that?

Obama is, after all, you know, one of those guys....

Oh, you know...

A Democrat!:eek:

And, therefore, an anti gun nut. Come get your guns, get them here while you can! I'm trembling all the way to the bank in fear that the pres is going to outlaw gun sales just any time now.

Of course, the pres has said that he supports the Second Amendment and has no plans to curtail gun sales, but then what good, faithful Republican is going to believe that?

Was that before or after he voted against a bill to permit gun ownership in his home state?

Before or after he told us the stimulus would galvanize the economy quickly? (Six months later it's still failing)

Before or after he told us that people could keep their present insurance plans under his new health care proposal? (Both bills currently in Congress say you can't)

It's not just good, faithful Republicans who are finding they can't believe Obama. It's anyone who compares what he says, to what he does.

Clearly, that doesn't include his faithful Kool-aid drinkers. Unsurprisingly. Comparing their President's rhetoric to the truth, is the LAST thing they want to do.

Great marketing idea, but I agree that he should have possibly used AR-15/M-16's as his promotional weapon of choice in support of American manufacturing.

Sounds like you're a big supporter of this plan. Guess you think helping Russia is a really swell idea. It always seems amusing when the ignorant, hysterical morons try to preach America first, then support helping Russia. Since you're one of that pack, you probably didn't know the AK-47 is a Russian assault rifle, but maybe you did and you're just a hypicritical wingnut that loves those Red Commies.

hate to burst your bubble on this, but AK's are made in the US, China, Russia, and other places....

don't ever make me even look like I was defending little acorn again!

seems like a crappy deal, guy in Michigan gave awy a free car if you go a Dodge Durango....thats a better deal when a AK you can just go get anyway. as far as marketing goes, he knows that he can sell for more then, and I am sure got good deal from the gun shop for the vouchers....10 bucks says had you walked in before that deal....you walked about with a much cheaper car. No such thing as "free gun" I am in sales, and trust me, if I ever throw in something "free" you paid for it. I build in the cost of it into the lowest selling price I would do already. Smart marketing though to get sales in a gun loving hick area. Personaly what the hell would I do with a AK in the first place outside look at it ...I have better use the money value of one. But if it works, its legal, not much to say.

and the ar-15 is alot better , but also would cost more to throw in free I am sure

Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update!

Breaking news, this just in! Listen up, kiddies!

The cold war is over! It is over and finished! No more cold war, we won, we won! The Soviets are gone, China is going capitalist, and the cold war is....

What????

Oh, that happened 18 years ago????

Silly me. I'm just late with the story.

PFOS and PLC1, relax. Little greco wasn't trying to state facts, he was trying to bash a conservative. That's why I was mostly ignoring him, except for the occasional laughter at his expense. Life's too short, y'know?

PFOS and PLC1, relax. Little greco wasn't trying to state facts, he was trying to bash a conservative. That's why I was mostly ignoring him, except for the occasional laughter at his expense. Life's too short, y'know?

shush, I already feel dirty defending you sorta ( see I do go after my own when I think they are wrong)

I guess if I was already in the market for a pickup, I might choose this deal over another. But as a person(a leftie at that) who is an avid hunter and shooter, I would probably sell the AK or trade for something better. Without knowing exactly which kind it is, I am going to assume they are likely Romanian/Soviet/Chinese copies that arent exactly high quality. I would be tough to classify them as average quality. The reason I say this is because of the less cost found in those examples. Whereas the new modern Russian variants are of decent quality. There is no doubt that they are reliable rifles. That goes without saying, its another thing entirely to hit something with it at a distance.
Personally I am a mini-14/AR-15/Sig556 kind of guy. I am hoping to get a SigSauer556 soon.

There's a dealer in Butler, Missouri who is giving away a free voucher to get an AK-47 rifle at a local gun store, with each pickup truck he sells. He did the same thing last year, only then it was a pistol, not an AK.

Customers are buying trucks like crazy from the guy. Naturally, the media, bloggers etc. are going ballistic, predicting all the horrible consequences that will happen... with no data to back up their claims, of course.

Even funnier are the flagrant falsehoods showing up in article after article. Two articles I've seen so far, say the guy is giving a free MACHINE GUN with every truck.
(see http://newslite.tv/2009/07/21/buy-a-truck-get-a-free-ak47-ma.html)
(another: http://www.inquisitr.com/29539/ulti...ch-buy-a-pickup-truck-get-a-free-machine-gun/)

Another says you have to get a CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT before you can get your gun (apparently that "reporter" has never tried to carry an AK concealed).
(see http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/bizarre&id=6920714)

It's always a hoot to see ignorant, hysterical morons try to tell others what's going on in the real world.

Back in the 'DAY' {circa 1980's} a national bank chain was offering a 22 rifle for all new checking & savings accounts that were opened up within a certain time period {a couple of weeks or so} and the one bank that caught the most media attention and created a 'flurry of unwanted back lash' was the bank in Kansas City, Missouri!!! What is it with that 'Show Me State'???

Don't know if any of you were around, or located near that branch bank...but instead of offering the common toaster/waffle iron/MLB tickets for new accounts this up and coming bank wanted to offer 22 rifles and it created such a hysteria that the idea was 'sh!t canned' pronto!!!

My, My hasn't the time flown by...:D

Werbung:

Don't you love to see a liberal ignoring facts in order to bash a conservative?

How about vice versa?

Isn't that old left/right my team vs. your team kind of silly?

Back