MO Car dealer: Buy a pickup truck, get a free AK-47

Back in the 'DAY' {circa 1980's} a national bank chain was offering a 22 rifle for all new checking & savings accounts that were opened up within a certain time period {a couple of weeks or so} and the one bank that caught the most media attention and created a 'flurry of unwanted back lash' was the bank in Kansas City, Missouri!!! What is it with that 'Show Me State'???

Don't know if any of you were around, or located near that branch bank...but instead of offering the common toaster/waffle iron/MLB tickets for new accounts this up and coming bank wanted to offer 22 rifles and it created such a hysteria that the idea was 'sh!t canned' pronto!!!

My, My hasn't the time flown by...:D

Back in the day, circa 1950, banks could have given out .22 rifles and no one would have made a fuss.

I had my own little single shot .22 from the ripe old age of 10 or so. I used it to shoot cans, hunt squirrels, and target practice. I got pretty good with it, too.

Back in my day, I carried a pocket knife in my left front pocket from the time I was 8 or 9 until people began to get paranoid about pocket knives, circa 1980 or so. I used it to sharpen pencils, cut string, clean my fingernails, clean fish, whatever. I took it everywhere, including school.

No one made a fuss, no one thought it was anything out of the ordinary at all.

Sometimes, I'm amazed at how much the world has changed.

Of course, we hadn't heard about drugs or gangs, either.

Werbung:
Back in the day, circa 1950, banks could have given out .22 rifles and no one would have made a fuss.

I had my own little single shot .22 from the ripe old age of 10 or so. I used it to shoot cans, hunt squirrels, and target practice. I got pretty good with it, too.

Back in my day, I carried a pocket knife in my left front pocket from the time I was 8 or 9 until people began to get paranoid about pocket knives, circa 1980 or so. I used it to sharpen pencils, cut string, clean my fingernails, clean fish, whatever. I took it everywhere, including school.

No one made a fuss, no one thought it was anything out of the ordinary at all.

Sometimes, I'm amazed at how much the world has changed.

Of course, we hadn't heard about drugs or gangs, either.

We never left our house without our trusty pocket knife and our sling shots...dad kept the rifles/pistols locked up...but we had to have a knife to cut the twine for the bales of hay/alfalfa/straw and when we were doing chores...you did not want to be one that had to run back to the house!

And as you stated: pencil sharpener and a quick game of 'stretch-em' with your knife and a partner standing face to face and attempting to stick your knife farther then your opponent could stretch his leg to reach it.

Simple times, simple life and we never ever threatened anyone with our pocket knife...it just wasn't done!

Werbung:
We never left our house without our trusty pocket knife and our sling shots...dad kept the rifles/pistols locked up...but we had to have a knife to cut the twine for the bales of hay/alfalfa/straw and when we were doing chores...you did not want to be one that had to run back to the house!

And as you stated: pencil sharpener and a quick game of 'stretch-em' with your knife and a partner standing face to face and attempting to stick your knife farther then your opponent could stretch his leg to reach it.

Simple times, simple life and we never ever threatened anyone with our pocket knife...it just wasn't done!

Stretch 'em. I remember that. Kind of a forerunner to "twister", but without having to buy any special equipment.

Yes, things have changed, indeed they have.

Back