Morality and Government, can they be separated?

abbyadams

Is it possible for our government to make a law or ruling that is not based on a moral judgement or bias?

Werbung:
Is it possible for our government to make a law or ruling that is not based on a moral judgment or bias?

it does it all the time...Example...should the nut church of Kansas be alowed to picket and scream god hates Fags at military Funeral? or that of Sam Sheppard? no...morally....but yes...legally.

morally should those people also be shot in the back of the head and left for dead in a shallow grave? yes....can you do it legally? ,..no..

see?

It certainly is.

And when government does that, you have the makings of a disaster.

Let me clarify, I'm defining morality as a choice. As if the two words are synonymous, which I believe they are.

I'm talking about morality in it's most basic sense, deciding what's right and what's wrong. When the government makes a law and enforces it, they are saying something is, in essence, "wrong," and backing it up with a punishment. Many people try to say that people's personal morality and bias should stay out of our government, but I believe that's impossible, a person's worldview will always affect the choices they make in regards to government...

(Also, I do believe that our nation was founded on "biblical" morality, and without that you do have "The makings of a disaster.")

Werbung:
Let me clarify, I'm defining morality as a choice. As if the two words are synonymous, which I believe they are.

I'm talking about morality in it's most basic sense, deciding what's right and what's wrong. When the government makes a law and enforces it, they are saying something is, in essence, "wrong," and backing it up with a punishment. Many people try to say that people's personal morality and bias should stay out of our government, but I believe that's impossible, a person's worldview will always affect the choices they make in regards to government...

(Also, I do believe that our nation was founded on "biblical" morality, and without that you do have "The makings of a disaster.")

Nothing is Moral or immoral in that sense..its all based on who is making the judgment and there own moral basis..Hitler thought he was moraly correct I am sure...of course I don't agree...but I highly doubt he thought, what I am doing is Immoral...he I am sure thought it was best for mankind ( because he was retarded)

Back