More accounts emerging about govt-run health care in other countries

Little-Acorn

Don't worry. The Democrats promise us that things like these will never happen when our health care is taken over by the government.

And how do we know this?

Because the Democrats told us they wouldn't, of course! Have they ever promised anything that didn't turn out as advertised?

-------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

From "Best of the Web Today"
by James Taranto

The Liverpool Care Pathway and Other False Stories

If you ever find yourself traveling on the Liverpool Care Pathway, you've taken a wrong turn.

London's Daily Telegraph explains:

Rosemary Munkenbeck says her father Eric Troake, who entered hospital after suffering a stroke, had fluid and drugs withdrawn and she claims doctors wanted to put him on morphine until he passed away under a scheme for dying patients called the Liverpool Care Pathway (LCP).

Mrs Munkenbeck, 56, from Bracknell, said her father, who previously said he wanted to live until he was 100, has now said he wants to die after being deprived of fluids for five days. . . .

Last week The Daily Telegraph reported a warning from experts that some patients with terminal illnesses were being wrongly put on the NHS scheme and allowed to die prematurely if they ticked "the right boxes."

London's Daily Mail, meanwhile, reports that the LCP is for very young patients as well as very old ones:

Doctors left a premature baby to die because he was born two days too early, his devastated mother claimed yesterday.

Sarah Capewell begged them to save her tiny son, who was born just 21 weeks and five days into her pregnancy--almost four months early.

They ignored her pleas and allegedly told her they were following national guidelines that babies born before 22 weeks should not be given medical treatment.

And the Sunday Times of London reports on the British medical system's treatment of adults in the prime of life:

Parents are being threatened with having their children taken into care [state custody] after questioning doctors' diagnoses or objecting to their medical care.

John Hemming, a Liberal Democrat MP, who campaigns to stop injustices in the family court, said: "Very often care proceedings are used as retaliation by local authorities against 'uppity' people who question the system."

Cases are emerging across the UK:

The mother of a 13-year-old girl who became partly paralysed after being given a cervical cancer vaccination says social workers have told her the child may be removed if she (the mother) continues to link her condition with the vaccination.

A couple had all six of their children removed from their care after they disputed the necessity of an invasive medical test on their eldest daughter. Doctors, who suspected she might have had a blood disease, called for social services to obtain an emergency protection order, although it was subsequently confirmed that she was not suffering from the condition. The parents were still considered unstable, and all their children were taken from them.

A single mother whose teenage son is terminally ill and confined to a wheelchair has been told he is to become the subject of a care order after she complained that her local authority's failure to provide bathroom facilities for him has left her struggling to maintain sanitary standards.

Putting all this in perspective is former Enron adviser Paul Krugman: "In Britain, the government itself runs the hospitals and employs the doctors. We've all heard scare stories about how that works in practice; these stories are false."

Don't worry, be happy as you meander down the Liverpool Care Pathway.

Werbung:
Keep in mind, of course, that once the govt runs even a little bit of general health care in this country, it will be their responsibility to save money in the program. And they will do it by determining that smoking is dangerous to your health and likely to cause an increase in health care costs... so the Fed govt will start restricting smoking even more than they already do. Then they will decide that eating too much food, or the wrong kind of food, will make you unhealthy and result in rising medical costs... so the Fed govt will start restricting what kinds of food you can eat, and how much. And etc. etc.

Govt-run health care is the golden prize for liberals, the brass ring. It allows them to start controlling every little bit of your private life. They won't all do it at once, of course. Just a few things the first year, then a few more the next, then a few more.....

And Obama wonders why Republicans want to stop his health care initiative.

The govt wants to take away all our responsibilites and free choice and mandate what we do because, of course, they all know better than we do.

It's not about health care, it is about control.

The govt wants to take away all our responsibilites and free choice and mandate what we do because, of course, they all know better than we do.

Yeah....we're doing much-better with corporate/for-profit health-care in-control.....

:rolleyes:

"They can’t figure it out. Why would a rich country leave so many people uninsured. But as I say in the book, the health minister of Sweden to me once - I was pretty friendly with her, I spent a lot of time with her - she said, Mr. Reid, could you explain something to me? There’s something I don’t quite understand about your country. What? And she says, well, you know, in Sweden we feel when you lose your job that’s when you really need health insurance. But in your country when you lose your job they take away your health insurance. Why would you do that?

Do you have an answer for that one, Brian? I’ve never figured that out myself. That’s arguably the cruelest of all the cruel twists of American health care policy. When you need insurance most is when you lose it. That cant happen in any other country.

you act like its arealy a choice ....its not, you get what your job offers you if your lucky to get it offered...and have a job. You act like it was a personal choice to get laid off becuse the econ sucks...or to work 70 hours a week and not have the company pay for even part of your health care.

I swear some of you live in some mocho I do it all myself dream world where only those who work hard get rich and anyone poor does not and thus worth nothing as a human life.

The only reason that health insurance is offered by employers is because those employers can afford it and they want to attract the best and brightest talent.

Those companies, usually, out-perform other companies.

But why have health-care tied to employment anyway. Why didn't Obama take a stand last night and say that individuals would get the same tax breaks as business, or that he was going to give bigger tax incentives to those with MSA.

There's always more than 1 way to skin a cat. Mostly, though, the President only has one plan in mind. And it's not in the interest of the majority of Americans.

I'd like to see loudmouth's Soros and Moore take their fortunes and start a health care plan for the people they say they are fighting for. How come they haven't

Let's get all the Hollywood types along with Soros and Moore and I bet they could under-write a plan to take caer of the -15 - 20 people who want free health care.

B.T.W. I pay for my own health care, I am self employed. I work my tail off and have since 1992.

at least here in the US you die in the waiting room and no one noticed,,, they just walk past you....the pages we could fill US medical stories...yet you think posting some random ones from all other systems in the world means jack...

If a person dies in a waiting room in the US that truly is a random story.

If a policy exist that every baby born before 22 weeks is to be ignored until it does that is not random.

Ten percent of babies born at 22 weeks survive. so an official policy to not treat babies born at 22 weeks automatically dooms 10% of them to needless death often against the parents wishes. Rather because a government despot (or death panel) makes a policy.

Fear not! In the US P. Obama has said that the threshold will not be set at 10% but at 5%.

(We should all note that the survival rate of premature babies was once a whole lot worse but thanks to what we have learned in trying the survival rate is a whole lot better now. Better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all.

you act like its arealy a choice ....its not, you get what your job offers you if your lucky to get it offered...and have a job. You act like it was a personal choice to get laid off becuse the econ sucks...or to work 70 hours a week and not have the company pay for even part of your health care.

I swear some of you live in some mocho I do it all myself dream world where only those who work hard get rich and anyone poor does not and thus worth nothing as a human life.
....Which would explain their insistance on "making available" the kind o' health-care "undesirables" (i.e. unemployed, minorities, minimum-wagers) couldn't possibly afford; indirectly-"convincing" those (same) people they've got an obligation to die....slowly....for the "general-good" of The Fatherland.

This "process" (almost) makes their old-methods sound more-humane.

zyklon_b.jpg

Werbung:
The only reason that health insurance is offered by employers is because those employers can afford it and they want to attract the best and brightest talent.

Those companies, usually, out-perform other companies.
You got ZERO-data to support that rhetoric....as usual....

:rolleyes:

Put it back, to where you got it....and, wash your hands, afterwards.​

Back