More attacks on Sarah Palin From Dem women

Pandora

The Dems are getting pretty sick with the attacks on Sarah Palin.

Today when SC chairwoman Carol Fowler told Politico her opinion an Obama spokesperson was being interviewed on FOX. She said it was the first she had heard of it and thought Obama would not agree with the comment. To date no Obama spokesperson has come out to denounce the statement and Obama did not let any spokesperson come on Fox news tonight to talk about it.

Why isnt Obama right out there denouncing this statement?

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler told a Politico reporter today that Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had chosen a running mate" whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn't had an abortion."

Full story below

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/sc-dem-chair-pa.html

Werbung:
The Dems are getting pretty sick with the attacks on Sarah Palin.

Today when SC chairwoman Carol Fowler told Politico her opinion an Obama spokesperson was being interviewed on FOX. She said it was the first she had heard of it and thought Obama would not agree with the comment. To date no Obama spokesperson has come out to denounce the statement and Obama did not let any spokesperson come on Fox news tonight to talk about it.

Why isnt Obama right out there denouncing this statement?

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler told a Politico reporter today that Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had chosen a running mate" whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn't had an abortion."

Full story below

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/sc-dem-chair-pa.html

And I'm sure just to be consistent you condemned Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland calling Obama "uppity' last Thursday, even calling for McCain to come out and denounce the racially charged remark, right? Funny thing is I can't seem to remember your post on the subject, perhaps you could point it out to me.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/westmoreland-calls-obama-uppity-2008-09-04.html

And I'm sure just to be consistent you condemned Georgia Republican Rep. Lynn Westmoreland calling Obama "uppity' last Thursday, even calling for McCain to come out and denounce the racially charged remark, right? Funny thing is I can't seem to remember your post on the subject, perhaps you could point it out to me.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/westmoreland-calls-obama-uppity-2008-09-04.html

First, I never heard the remark, remember I dont follow McCain stuff.

second, is uppity a racist thing? I didnt know it was

if uppity is a racial slur then hell yes McCain should denounce that person who said it. What does uppity mean?

oh that is disgusting

did the person really mean it that way, can uppity mean something else
and did McCain say that was wrong?

if he didnt, he sure should.. That is gross

but either way so should obama say something about this woman and her statement

Westmoreland was given a chance to either correct or clarify what he meant, but he repeated the remark again. So yeah, coming from the South he knows darn well what it means.

BTW, McCain, at least to my knowledge said nothing, why should Obama? If both these guys were held responsible for every remark that came out of their respective party member's mouths, they'd spend as much time apologizing as they do campaigning.

did the person really mean it that way, can uppity mean something else
and did McCain say that was wrong?

You will notice that definition is from the URBAN dictionary, as opposed to a REAL dictionary...
The Free Dictionary:
Dictionary.com:

The Urban Dictionary is hardly where most of the world goes to look for definitions... Mainly the Lefties, who need to change the meanings of words to fit their twisted worldview.

oh that is disgusting
Thats what you get when Ganster Rappers write the definitions to the Urban Dictionary.

You will notice that definition is from the URBAN dictionary, as opposed to a REAL dictionary...
The Free Dictionary:

Dictionary.com:

The Urban Dictionary is hardly where most of the world goes to look for definitions... Mainly the Lefties, who need to change the meanings of words to fit their twisted worldview.

Give me a break. The term has been around since before rap was invented. Forget the dictionaries, are you telling me you've never heard that term? I want an honest answer.

The Free Dictionary:

Dictionary.com:

well now the post you gave, I agree with all of those. So Obama is a (NORMAL DICTIONARY) kind of uppity

Thanks for that info Gen

Give me a break. Forget the dictionaries, are you telling me you've never heard that term? I want an honest answer.

Honestly, NO, never in the context you provided.... That is, outside of Rap albums.

Normal people use words in their normal context which come from normal dictionaries.

Nobama,

Here is the definition of Compassionate Conservative from the "Urban Dictionary":
"The neo-fascist allowed the screaming young girl to look away as he hacked off her mother's head, justifying his reputation as a compassionate conservative ...

Judge for yourself whether you think that's a credible source or not.

Popeye,

Do YOU honestly believe Westmoreland has ever even SEEN the Urban Dictionary, much less use it as a source for his comments?

Honestly, NO, never in the context you provided.... That is, outside of Rap albums.

Normal people use words in their normal context which come from normal dictionaries.

Nobama,

Here is the definition of Compassionate Conservative from the "Urban Dictionary":

Judge for yourself whether you think that's a credible source or not.

Uppity n***** has been around since Jim Crow, probably since slave days. Just the word uppity has racist connotations, always has. Westmoreland grew up in Atlanta, are you suggesting to me that he had no idea what he was saying?

I don't know your age but if you're any older than say 40, and you expect me to believe you've never heard that term, it's not going to happen.

Uppity n***** has been around since Jim Crow, probably since slave days. Just the word uppity has racist connotations, always has. Westmoreland grew up in Atlanta, are you suggesting to me that he had no idea what he was saying?

I don't know your age but if you're any older than say 40, and you expect me to believe you've never heard that term, it's not going to happen.

I am not black, sorry to say 40 and not only has my mom used that word with her kids I have used it with mine. I never knew it could mean a racial slur. when I was snotty with my mom or rude or disrespectful she would say dont get uppity with me, I say it to my kids.

I probably wont ever again though after reading what it means to some people but I never knew and i am in that age group so it coudl be that this guy didnt either.

But it wouldnt hurt him to say, I did not mean it in the way you took it and I am sorry for that. I meant you are a rude arrogant prick of a human. and that would clear it up and be accurate too :)

Werbung:
I am not black, sorry to say 40 and not only has my mom used that word with her kids I have used it with mine. I never knew it could mean a racial slur. when I was snotty with my mom or rude or disrespectful she would say dont get uppity with me, I say it to my kids.

I probably wont ever again though after reading what it means to some people but I never knew and i am in that age group so it coudl be that this guy didnt either.

But it wouldnt hurt him to say, I did not mean it in the way you took it and I am sorry for that. I meant you are a rude arrogant prick of a human. and that would clear it up and be accurate too :)

Since I'm white, referring to me as uppity is not offensive because it's a racial slur specific to blacks. It's like calling a white a peckerwood, it's an offensive slang term used specifically on whites.

Back