More media bias (gun control)

Andy

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/sfl-newedit0222,0,4779585.story

This to me is very amusing.

First, there was the big run on guns, both locally and nationally, when it was feared the Obama administration would quickly enact tougher gun legislation that would make it difficult to own guns.

Didn't happen. And doesn't figure to happen, particularly since the Supreme Court has reinforced the right of an individual to bear arms.

So first off they claim Obama isn't going to enact tough gun control laws, because it hasn't happened yet. He's been in office one month, doubled the nation debt, sent more troops to Afghanistan, supported loans to the big three auto makers... but he hasn't messed with guns yet in his first 4 weeks, so clearly he won't... Yeah right.

But then says...

Semi-automatic weapons should be banned, because the "normal Joe" simply doesn't need one, for protection or anything else. But the ban has expired, and having more guns and ammo on the streets simply makes South Florida a more dangerous place, for cops and regular citizens alike.

It's time for the hysteria to stop.

BOTTOM LINE: No need for this craziness.

So there's no need for us to think idiots are pushing for more gun control laws because Obama hasn't done it yet, but guns do need to be banned because no one really needs any of them.

Now if that isn't funny circular logic, I don't know what is. In effect he's saying:

"Obama isn't going to take your guns, because he hasn't, but he should, and you should not be worried about us pushing him to do so."

Werbung:
Well firstly Andy, this is an opinion piece, not exactly a news article. And an idiotic one at that.

The fact of the matter though, speaking from a lefty standpoint...I own upwards of a dozen semi-auto firearms, many of them have a very justifiable sporting use and in no way should be legislated.

Personally, I dont see much in terms of gun control happening in the next few years for a few reasons, ultimately there are a number of democrats who know they would immediatly lose thier seats if they supported such measures. Then there is the USSC factor, and lastly, gun sales are booming right now. Gun retailers and manufacturers arent able to keep up with demand and this sector of the economy is healthy.

Werbung:
Well firstly Andy, this is an opinion piece, not exactly a news article. And an idiotic one at that.

The editor at the news paper has broad authority to print or trash editorials. The way papers specifically, speak their views on an issue, is through their editorial boards.

Personally, I dont see much in terms of gun control happening in the next few years for a few reasons, ultimately there are a number of democrats who know they would immediatly lose thier seats if they supported such measures. Then there is the USSC factor, and lastly, gun sales are booming right now. Gun retailers and manufacturers arent able to keep up with demand and this sector of the economy is healthy.

I still wouldn't be surprised if Obama systematically destroyed one of the few good sectors of our economy. He claims he won't... but then as the article pointed out, they want him too.

Back