More Palin Issues

Bunz

There has been some news recently in Alaska about the goings on of the Palinistas that is raising issue within the State while at the same time we are celebrating our 50th anniversary. Despite parading out the family for her personal political agenda when it is convenient for her she simply says it is a private family matter when it comes back on her.

The first being that Levi Johnston is not a dropout....
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/639506.htm
Where she defends Johnston as saying he is taking online courses to complete his HS education.
There there is this, from Dan Fagan who is a widely known actually "conservative Alaskan".
http://www.adn.com/opinion/story/641263.html
Apprenticeship raises questions about Palin

Dan Fagan
comment

Published: January 3rd, 2009 12:02 AM
Last Modified: January 3rd, 2009 10:41 PM

Have you noticed how our governor seems to have convinced herself only some of the rules apply to her?

This attitude was really at the heart of Troopergate. It also allows her to do things like take cash from the state for spending more than 300 nights in her own home in Wasilla.

Now it appears the governor may have found a new way to skirt the rules. How is it possible that the governor's soon-to-be son-in-law, Levi Johnston, is working as an apprentice on the North Slope?

The governor, in trying to dispel rumors the father of her grandchild is a high school dropout, released this statement this past week,

"Levi is continuing his online high school work in addition to working as an electrical apprentice on the North Slope."

But federal regulations require all members of apprentice programs, union or otherwise, to first obtain a high school diploma, something the governor's soon-to-be son-in- law does not have. Some apprentice programs even require the completion of high school level algebra or the post-secondary equivalent.

So how is it that the governor's soon-to-be son-in-law is working in an apprentice program? Is this another case of the governor believing the rules don't apply to her or her family?

Bo Underwood, who heads up ASRC's electrical apprentice program, confirmed Johnston is indeed enrolled as an apprentice. Underwood claimed not to know whether a high school diploma is needed to be an ASRC apprentice and said he would check on it. But federal regulations clearly state a high school diploma is needed before entering an electrical workers apprentice program. How is it the man who runs the program does not know that?

Underwood also claimed not to know whether there is a waiting list for the ASRC apprentice program he runs.

Rebecca Logan, executive director of Associated Builders and Contractors, an organization that also has an electrical workers apprentice program, says waiting lists always accompany apprenticeship programs. Her organization's electrical apprentice program, one of only three in the state, has a waiting list of at least 100 people.

ASRC's Underwood also could not say how it is Johnston came to be a part of his apprentice program or whether the governor had anything to do with getting him in.

I placed a call to the governor's office but have not as of my deadline received a response. An attempt to reach Levi Johnston by phone at his mother's house was unsuccessful.

Did Levi Johnston bypass the rules to get into a coveted program because of his soon-to-be mother-in-law? We don't know the governor's involvement. Eventually she will have to address the controversy.

I believe 2009 will be the year more and more Alaskans will come to realize Sarah Palin is in way over her head as governor, doesn't always play by the rules, and is, at times, less than honest.

A poll commissioned by TheAlaskaStandard.com and conducted by Dittman Research shows the governor is losing some of her appeal. When respondents were asked whom they would vote for between Lisa Murkowski and Sarah Palin in a 2010 race for the Senate, an overwhelming number said Murkowski. According to the poll, Murkowski would beat Palin by a margin of 56 percent to 23 percent.

If the public doesn't catch onto to the governor this year, they surely will in 2010. That's the year TransCanada will hold its open season. Chances producers will commit hundreds of billions of dollars to ship gas through the TransCanada pipeline instead of their own; I'd say 1 in 10.

Meaning AGIA. will be exposed for the silly policy it is several months before the governor is up for re-election.

Chances Palin is elected to a second term as governor, I'd say 3 in 10.

Werbung:
Which leads into the accusation that the arrest and charge of Levi's mother was delayed for political purposes by the Alaska State Troopers.
Trooper: Politics delays drug arrest

The Associated Press

Published: January 4th, 2009 02:57 PM
Last Modified: January 4th, 2009 03:27 PM

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An investigator and the Alaska State Troopers union allege political interference in the drug arrest of Sherry Johnston.

Johnston is the mother of the boyfriend of former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol.

Levi Johnston and Bristol Palin recently announced the birth of their son, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's first grandchild.

Investigator Kyle Young sent an e-mail to the Public Safety Employees Association outlining his concerns.

Young writes that the warrant was delayed because of the pending November general election. Johnston was arrested Dec. 18 on charges of selling prescription painkiller OxyContin.

But Alaska's public safety commissioner Joe Masters and the troopers director Col. Audie Holloway said the case of Sherry Johnston was handled fairly.

Masters said neither Palin nor anyone else in the governor's office knew the troopers were investigating Johnston until the search warrant was served.

Masters said he then called Palin's chief of staff Mike Nizich to alert him of a potential media frenzy.

Young's e-mail, sent Dec. 30 to union members, was in response to a written statement Masters issued to the media Dec. 29.

In the statement, Masters wrote the case officer, Donna Anthony, had filed an inaccurate affidavit as part of the charging documents.

Masters wrote the investigation was handled properly and that the affidavit incorrectly stated that Johnston had been under Secret Service protection.

Masters also wrote that he intended to notify the court about the mistake.

But Young writes the affidavit was accurate and that Masters' statement smacks of "apparent political pressure," which led Masters to notify the court and "smear" Anthony.

"It is true that Sherry was not directly under Secret Service protection, but it is true that when Levi was at the house, that he and other household members were under their protection," Young wrote in his e-mail to union members.

"Text messages from Johnston to the informant indicated that she was afraid to meet and conduct one illegal transaction, because of Secret Service presence at her home," Young wrote.

Palin and the public safety employees union are coming off a high-profile difference that became known as Troopergate.

At the center was former commissioner Walt Monegan whom some say was dismissed because he would not fire a trooper involved with a messy divorce with Palin's sister.

When she comes up for re-election in 2010, she will have some splainin to do!

Obamanation, thanks for adding little to the discussion other than to bring some offbased attacks.

When there are some serious unanswered questions involved here. Mainly that the search warrant issuance of Sherry Johnston's home and her subsequent arrest warrant were delayed until well after the national election for convenience purposes.

There is also questions about how Levi, a unqualified high school drop out was given a very coveted job working on the north slope oil fields as an electrician apprentice, considering there is a fairly long waiting list for any job on the slope.

Obamanation, thanks for adding little to the discussion other than to bring some offbased attacks.

When there are some serious unanswered questions involved here. Mainly that the search warrant issuance of Sherry Johnston's home and her subsequent arrest warrant were delayed until well after the national election for convenience purposes.

There is also questions about how Levi, a unqualified high school drop out was given a very coveted job working on the north slope oil fields as an electrician apprentice, considering there is a fairly long waiting list for any job on the slope.

I totally understand.

I remember having (and still have) so many unanswered questions. I see how they matter so much more for a would be VP rather than an actual president, gosh where is my head!

Sarah Palin wants creationism taught in science classes alongside evolution.

That fact alone should render her delusional and in need of help.

Or a post as VP of the USA if you are a republican

Dawkins,
This isnt about creationsim, this is about her actions directly, if you want to attack her, please deal with the subject at hand, or start another thread with evidence.
Otherwise go sit in the corner.

Perhaps she should learn to bow down and pray to the obamanistas :)
Nahhhhhhhhhhh......kissin' our rings (and, backsides) will be enough a show of servitude....after which she'll be expected to GIT IN THE KITCHEN AND START RATTLIN' THOSE POTS & PANS!!! (...like any, other good "conservative" wifey).

I'm just curious tho. What does Levi Johnson and his crack head mother have to do with the way she runs the state?
This is just political mud swinging...
This is similar to the same crap about the clothes she wore during campaining. Obama was wearing $3,000 suits and nobody said shiit about it...

Do the issues about her future son in law and his family affect in any way, shape, or form the way that she governs the state? Have these issues in any way have jeopardize the security of the state or perhaps the economy of the state?

If so please explain?

Isn't one of her actions to propose teaching creationism in science classes?

It might be, I honestly dont know, because she hasnt made a big push to do so as Governor. So I give a pass on this issue. Thankfully, her notion that Earth is only a few thousands years old hasnt made it to public schools.....yet

I'm just curious tho. What does Levi Johnson and his crack head mother have to do with the way she runs the state?
This is just political mud swinging...
When a candidate brings out thier family on the campaign trail, as evidence of thier values etc, it opens them up for criticism. Especially when illegal activities such as drug dealing is involved. It is a matter of judgement. If Bill Ayers becomes as issue for stuff he did 40 years ago, doesnt it seem fair to ask why her future and basically current in-law is out peddling a very addictive drug?
This is similar to the same crap about the clothes she wore during campaining. Obama was wearing $3,000 suits and nobody said shiit about it...
Who paid for Obama's suits? Obama or the DNC? To me, the clothes mean jack because they can/were returned, it is more about the scores of thousands of dollars paid for a hair and makeup artist.
Do the issues about her future son in law and his family affect in any way, shape, or form the way that she governs the state?
Of course it does, it is a matter of judgement and association with criminals. What goes around comes around.:rolleyes:
Have these issues in any way have jeopardize the security of the state or perhaps the economy of the state?
The economy of the state? Absolutely! We are talking about probably a career drug dealer here. I highly doubt she paid taxes on the capital gains from her pharaceutical heroin, or her prescriptions which were fraudulent.

Werbung:
When a candidate brings out thier family on the campaign trail, as evidence of thier values etc, it opens them up for criticism. Especially when illegal activities such as drug dealing is involved. It is a matter of judgement. If Bill Ayers becomes as issue for stuff he did 40 years ago, doesnt it seem fair to ask why her future and basically current in-law is out peddling a very addictive drug?

So why this didn't apply to Obama?

Who paid for Obama's suits? Obama or the DNC? To me, the clothes mean jack because they can/were returned, it is more about the scores of thousands of dollars paid for a hair and makeup artist.

Again, Sarah Palin said that the clothes were not hers and they were being returned. However, the lib media and all the obamabots made a huge deal about this. HMMM, are we being hypocrites and only criticize when it's convinient for us/you?

Of course it does, it is a matter of judgement and association with criminals. What goes around comes
around.:
So Bill Ayres, Rezco, Rev. Bigot Wright, and Rasheed Kahlidi. this doesn't affect the quality of Obama's judgement right?

Do you know for a fact that Sarah Palin cooked cookies or perhaps went hunting with Levi's mother?

The economy of the state? Absolutely! We are talking about probably a career drug dealer here. I highly doubt she paid taxes on the capital gains from her pharaceutical heroin, or her prescriptions which were fraudulent

Explain to me how the mother of Levi Johnston, by being a drug user will influence the economy in Alaska? This I don't get?
Does she smoke crack in the governor's office and therefore second hand fumes affect the way Sarah Palin governs the state? :confused:

Back