More problems for the teabaggers

Popeye

I have a question...why would these teabaggers want to "dump" teabags anywhere? I mean, can't they get their GOP talking points out without soiling the environment?...Oh, I forgot, they're Republicans and they don't care about the environment.

Hmm..now it seems they don't have the proper permits for their DC protest. You would think the leaders of the teabag movement..Armey, Gingrich, Vitter, even Faux News would have taken care of that for them..or are Republicans so far out of power they don't have enough pull to acquire a simple permit?

There will be no tea-dumping in the Potomac River -- that's illegal -- but organizers of today's national tea party tax protest found out this morning that so is their plan to dump a million tea bags in Lafayette Square to demonstrate displeasure at government spending and tax policies.

Protesters, using a rented truck to haul the million tea bags, began unloading their cargo at the park this morning but were told by officials that they didn't have proper permits and must move the tea. They complied with the order but are still considering what to do with the load.

The tea had been purchased online by people upset over recent government policy, said John Gauger, a spokesman for the grass-roots conservative group Reagan.org.

The protesters got more bad news this morning when security officials also told them that they did not have proper permits for a rally in front of the Treasury building.

That noon-time protest had been expected to provide a national stage for speeches by such figures as Grover Norquist of Americans for Tax Reform; former presidential candidate Alan Keyes; and Thomas A. Schatz, president of Citizens Against Government Waste. But after the discussion with security officials, the protesters sent away the advance crew that was to set up risers and equipment for news crews.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/15/AR2009041500943.html?hpid=topnews

While we're at it, here's Lawrence O'Donnell talking about where the teabag movement came from and who is supporting it...

Werbung:
I have a question...why would these teabaggers want to "dump" teabags anywhere? I mean, can't they get their GOP talking points out without soiling the environment?...Oh, I forgot, they're Republicans and they don't care about the environment.

Let me see if I understand this correctly...
In your world, Nancy Pelosi can get a private Boeing 757 burning millions of gallons of fuel to fly her to California and back, Al Gore can have a $20,000 a year Zinc mine that was rated the dirtiest in operation in the country....

But some protesters dropping bags of tea leaves, which last I checked are bio-degradable, are soiling the environment and proof we don't care?

This post comes across like...
angry_baby_head.jpg

Hmm..now it seems they don't have the proper permits for their DC protest. You would think the leaders of the teabag movement..Armey, Gingrich, Vitter, even Faux News would have taken care of that for them..or are Republicans so far out of power they don't have enough pull to acquire a simple permit?

Hmm... maybe this calls into question your assumptions? Perhaps it isn't as officially organized as you suspect in leftist world?

I wonder if the original Boston Tea party got proper permits from the oppressive taxing government. (that was sarcasm for you slow people)

I wonder if the original Boston Tea party got proper permits from the oppressive taxing government. (that was sarcasm for you slow people)

The Boston Tea Party was about "no taxation without representation" ...in this case the teabaggers have representation, they voted just last November. In sports, politics and life..sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This whole teabag movement reeks of sour grapes.

Instead of whining and looking foolish, why don't those that oppose Obama and the Democrats gear up for the next election? The GOP seems totally devoid of ideas and their attacks on Obama have gained very little traction...

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Approve-62%

Disapprove-29%

In sports, politics and life..sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This whole teabag movement reeks of sour grapes.
Kinda like the gay protests in California, eh? Damn, that majority rule. Lol.

The Boston Tea Party was about "no taxation without representation" ...in this case the teabaggers have representation, they voted just last November. In sports, politics and life..sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This whole teabag movement reeks of sour grapes.

Should I assume then, that back in 2000, when all the democrats were demanding to be heard, and complaining about "disenfranchisement", and complaining there wasn't room to "dissent", that really all of you liberals were just losers with sour grapes?

Funny how your posts always come across as whiny and immature, while I point out factual evidence related to the topic. Then you come back with..... some poll numbers, and complain everyone else is whiny.

Instead of whining and looking foolish, why don't those that oppose Obama and the Democrats gear up for the next election? The GOP seems totally devoid of ideas and their attacks on Obama have gained very little traction...

Well I'm not whining. We're protesting. Protesting is according to democrats, supposedly the most American thing one can do. Of course hypocrisy is a hallmark of the left.

Of course I ignore all polls. Stupid people voting in large numbers, is exactly why we have to protest to get the word out that this idiot has tripled the deficit and doubled our national debt.

toon040709.gif

Kinda like the gay protests in California, eh? Damn, that majority rule. Lol.

Funny how majority rule is only important when they are the majority. And otherwise, it's how wonderful dissent is.

Making a grass roots movement that welcomes people of all political affiliations about left versus right politics and then stooping so low as to call them teabaggers when we can be sure you would have loved even the more ridiculous of leftists protests just might be hypocritical.

The left (and the msm since they appear to be one and the same) has begun attacking the tea party movement that has been around for at least 30 years that I know of through all administrations will drive the right to it much more than simply respecting what they have to say that is right, ignoring the rest, and leaving it at that.

Popeye, the people had a valid permit to protest in front of the tax cheat Tim Geithner office of the treasury and your president said they could not protest there and had them sent to another location. Some muddy place near the white house.

I thought he was going to be the most transparent administration in our nation’s history… he shut down a legal protest and made them go some other place they didn’t even have the permit for.

Also I found it funny, someone asked mr. obama what he thought about the tea party’s and he said “What tea party’s? I don’t know anything about it”

My congressman said the same thing… I lost much respect for my congressman today, though I never had any for obama so I didn’t lose anything.

Now he knows nothing about the rightwing extremist’s document out of the department of homeland security, he knows nothing about the tea parties but he was in full charge and command and kept moment by moment up to date on the pirate issue.

Ugh!

So Obama said he doesn't know... I'm not buying it! He knows! He's scared to say he knows because then it would make him accountable for them.

Surely, when Americans gather in more than 700 cities, the politicians... All the politiciians in Washington know.

More are planned and this movement will get larger and larger.

Wake up Obama! Yo had better listen! You can't keep hiding behind Liar Liar Gibbs forever.

So Obama said he doesn't know... I'm not buying it! He knows! He's scared to say he knows because then it would make him accountable for them.

Surely, when Americans gather in more than 700 cities, the politicians... All the politiciians in Washington know.

More are planned and this movement will get larger and larger.

Wake up Obama! Yo had better listen! You can't keep hiding behind Liar Liar Gibbs forever.

my congressman said he did not know about it too. He flat lied

I have a question...why would these teabaggers want to "dump" teabags anywhere?
It's part o' their ".....new role in American society."

:rolleyes:

"As a useful force in American politics, the Republicans have been dead for a while now. But in the seven months since Sarah Palin's nomination, they have taken on an intriguing new role: providing much-needed comic relief during dark times, serving as the unofficial rodeo clowns of the Financial Crisis Era."​

Werbung:
Back