Mortal Sin

Jason76

My friend has now become a conservative Catholic. However, this pretty much throws away his hopes for fun, as there is no way to have fun under Catholicism. Pretty much everything naughty thing a person can do, puts one at risk of going to hell, because not everybody will have the time to repent before a meeting with the Grip Reaper.

http://www.saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html

There is such a thing as venial sin, but it's a joke. Perhaps one doesn't have to worry about refusing to say hi to a friend everyday. You won't suffer damnation for that. Also, if Grandma farts :rolleyes: or says a curse word, well, she doesn't have to worry about the flames.

Isn't it ironic though that Catholic nations contain the most human people imaginable, doing the most mortal sin imaginable?

Last edited:
Werbung:
My friend has now become a conservative Catholic. However, this pretty much throws away his hopes for fun, as there is no way to have fun under Catholicism. Pretty much everything naughty thing a person can do, puts one at risk of going to hell, because not everybody will have the time to repent before a meeting with the Grip Reaper.

http://www.saintaquinas.com/mortal_sin.html

There is such a thing as venial sin, but it's a joke. Perhaps one doesn't have to worry about refusing to say hi to a friend everyday. You won't suffer damnation for that. Also, if Grandma farts :rolleyes: or says a curse word, well, she doesn't have to worry about the flames.

Isn't it ironic though that Catholic nations contain the most human people imaginable, doing the most mortal sin imaginable?
Best not rely on catholicism as they really don't understand the Bible very well. If you have accepted Christ as your personal savior, you're good to go. Still best to repent regularly.

What is a mortal sin, and are you talking about a contemporary society or from a perspective of those that still have a lifestyle form the last century?

Times have changed and religion and the church have adapted, in such things as gay marriages, and children born out of wedlock. While I respect the faith of others, to get on with people in society you have to be flexible, even if those are not morals you hold.

What is a mortal sin, and are you talking about a contemporary society or from a perspective of those that still have a lifestyle form the last century?

Times have changed and religion and the church have adapted, in such things as gay marriages, and children born out of wedlock. While I respect the faith of others, to get on with people in society you have to be flexible, even if those are not morals you hold.

No, if you look at things technically, you cannot deny you must be a goody two-shoes to go heaven. Only the top 1 percent make it. It is just as true with their theology now, as it was in the 12th century.

Is it a good or bad thing? It's up for debate. However, the Bible highly favors the old school position. For instance, the Bible says those who do not abide in Christ's vine will be cut off and burned. Taking the scripture in relation to the Bible as a whole, the message is obvious.

Best not rely on catholicism as they really don't understand the Bible very well. If you have accepted Christ as your personal savior, you're good to go. Still best to repent regularly.

The problem with accepting Jesus as savior is that you have to accept the immoral principle of substitutionary atonement.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

So if you accept Jesus and his so called sacrifice, you condemn yourself to hell.

Regards
DL

Jason, The point is that Catholic believe in purgatory. Few people will go to hell as most repent of serious sins. However they may go to purgatory for a time to make them fit to go to heaven. Even if you commit a mortal sin you can still be forgiven if you repent.
Bu the way the document you quote is outdated as few go to reconciliation or confession. A payer of repentance is sufficient.

Jason, The point is that Catholic believe in purgatory. Few people will go to hell as most repent of serious sins. However they may go to purgatory for a time to make them fit to go to heaven. Even if you commit a mortal sin you can still be forgiven if you repent.
Bu the way the document you quote is outdated as few go to reconciliation or confession. A payer of repentance is sufficient.

Supernatural speculative nonsense.

For the religious to say that God is unknowable, unfathomable and works in mysterious ways, and then to say something they know or fathom is obviously a lie.

Why do you believe obvious lies about purgatory?

Regards
DL

Martin Luther was opposed to the way indulgences were given. He was right and this no longer occurs. Luther did believe in purgatory.

When I was a child the priests would say not going to mass on a Sunday was a mortal sin.Such nonsense to say this to children.

Martin Luther was opposed to the way indulgences were given. He was right and this no longer occurs. Luther did believe in purgatory.

I do not know if he believed in purgatory or not, but if God works in mysterious ways and is unknowable and unfathomable as Christian dogma states, then he would have no way of knowing if it was real or not.

Right?

As to indulgences, they continue to be paid for those gullible enough to think they can buy their way into heaven by bribing their genocidal son murdering God.

Note where those funds are spent.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christin Bishop, If Martin Luther did not believe in purgatory why was he worry about indulgence. They only applied to a place where you time can be reduced. The are of no use if you are in Hell or heaven.
You can not buy indulgences now. They can only be earn by following some religious practice while in the sate of sanctity grace, In other words all your sins have been repented.

The TV preacher you have in your videos are not Catholics
Whether not going to Mass is a mortal sin depends of many things such as full knowledge.

Hell has been part of most religions. What is and who goes there no body knows.

We do need to grow up and this includes finding out what other religions believe not what you think they believe.

Gnostic Christin Bishop, If Martin Luther did not believe in purgatory why was he worry about indulgence. They only applied to a place where you time can be reduced. The are of no use if you are in Hell or heaven.
You can not buy indulgences now. They can only be earn by following some religious practice while in the sate of sanctity grace, In other words all your sins have been repented.

The TV preacher you have in your videos are not Catholics
Whether not going to Mass is a mortal sin depends of many things such as full knowledge.

Hell has been part of most religions. What is and who goes there no body knows.

We do need to grow up and this includes finding out what other religions believe not what you think they believe.

Martin Luther was likely more upset at the church that thought they could buy God off.

That would be logical as bribing the judge is a part of the Christian dogma thanks to Christians wanting to accept the blood sacrifice of Jesus.

Here is my view of that immoral thinking.

As Ingersoll said; 'no man would be fit for heaven who would consent that an innocent person should suffer for his sin.'

As to growing up. Here you are, a believer in all kinds of supernatural garbage telling me to grow up. Put away the ways of children first and then we can decide who needs to grow up.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop, Martin Luther was right. Indulgence were given to people who donated to the building of ST Peters in the sixteenth century. Some preachers claim the more you give the more time you get off purgatory. This was wrong and you can not buy God off.
Since then Martin Luther excommunicated has been lifted. WE are about the celebrate the500 year anniversary of Martin Luther in Catholic churches.

As you dismiss my beliefs as supernatural garbage there is no point in discussing the Catholic religion with you.
What do you believe? You use the word Gnostic> Do you belive in Gnostic writings accidently found recently.?

Werbung:
Gnostic Christian Bishop, Martin Luther was right. Indulgence were given to people who donated to the building of ST Peters in the sixteenth century. Some preachers claim the more you give the more time you get off purgatory. This was wrong and you can not buy God off.
Since then Martin Luther excommunicated has been lifted. WE are about the celebrate the500 year anniversary of Martin Luther in Catholic churches.

As you dismiss my beliefs as supernatural garbage there is no point in discussing the Catholic religion with you.
What do you believe? You use the word Gnostic> Do you belive in Gnostic writings accidently found recently.?

I believe in their message, not their literal words, although the words, in a few cases can be understood in a literal rendition.

Take these quotes for instance as given by one of the moral Jesus' who speaks to us from your book. These of course, the church never quotes. These are good and moral words as compared to some of the immoral words that the scribes put into Jesus' mouth.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

An enlightened Gnostic Christian is a brethren to Jesus as compared to church following sheeple. I am a work in progress and junior brethren to Jesus.

This philosopher explains in more detail.

Regards
DL

Back