Most Atheist believe in the supernatural

Werbung:
I had a running debate with a god denier on this forum a few years back. This evolutionist totally rejected the idea of design and any other reference to a higher power.
This god denier also believed in reincarnation.
I guess evolutionists also believe in eternal life except eternal life as a cat or a snake or a bug or maybe an amoeba.

I had a running debate with a god denier on this forum a few years back. This evolutionist totally rejected the idea of design and any other reference to a higher power.
This god denier also believed in reincarnation.
I guess evolutionists also believe in eternal life except eternal life as a cat or a snake or a bug or maybe an amoeba.
For me its helpful to consider that all these things are not mutually exclusive of one another.
But I do believe there is an aspect of design in all this. For it all to be happenstance is just too far a reach.

People who still define themselves in the terms of what they oppose may well continue to hold much of the underlying worldview they officially reject. Again, what exactly is 'the supernatural' ? There is a great deal we don't know yet. For my money, the whole 'God' question is pretty moot, and could well be put aside for a century or so. The behaviour most religions recommend remains the sensible way to act for most of us.

I find athiests to be some of the most open minded people I have ever met really......

I consider myself VERY open minded but Sensible and dig for the truths I want in my life...the supernatural stuff, when speakers come on George Noory's program, I look for something else to listen to that for me is down to earth....

And as far as believing in something I can't wrap my mind around or see or touch, don't know...and no one in my life has come back to tell me anything, SO........

Werbung:
Back