Movies and TV Shows Biased Against Christianity

Given that the entertainment industry has not demonstrated any understanding of what the actual public are like, I kinda doubt it.

That cannot be so as all the writers for Hollywood productions are a part of that public so of course they would have an idea, right or wrong, of what society and public is all about. They would know what they are all about just as you do for yourself.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
It is indeed but as we enjoy ourselves, we should remember that in the case of the Abrahamic cults, Christianity and Islam, not reading their myths as myths has created and continues to create a lot of hardship for a lot of people.

Homophobia and misogyny are still rampant thanks to the Abrahamic cults.

Not to mention the Dark Ages against free thought and Inquisition or the present Jihad that we are fighting.

To not hate these religions is to give them merit they do not deserve.

Regards
DL
Some of what you say is true, As a Christian we have fallen WAY short .. To me most of the time it seems like as Christians when we hear about sinners sinning and we shake our heads and run our mouths.The fires await them, we think. Then we bury our heads in our bibles and smile at how very holy we are. We attack homosexuals and democrats as if they had erupted from a crack traveling up from hell itself. And we feel satisfied with ourselves, and sing along with the songs playing on KSBJ Christian Radio and thank our God we’re not like them.

At times, God will show me something that I’m wrong about. I find myself humbled and thankful that he would be so kind to love me amidst such ignorance. Then, I encounter someone who is still wrong about that thing, and I immediately judge them for not being as spiritual as me. There’s something about us that habitually turns the best of gifts from undeserved grace into deserved judgment in our minds. So we start to believe that God’s love is something which began as grace, but soon enough began to sprout because God admired our goodness.

The love of God should leave us breathless. Hit us square in the gut, silencing our doubts and fears of never being fully accepted. It should be the water which nourishes our faith. But the awe has worn off and we’ve patted God on the shoulder, telling him that we’ll take it from here. And, now, it is pride which feeds us, fertilizing our hate. The one so deep in debt no amount of work could pay it back, freshly forgiven, is running the streets, pointing fingers at all the other debtors.

We were all born ugly and we’ve found our beauty. Should we then use it to shame others? Because God’s goodness has been superimposed over our evil, is our evil now acceptable?

Because we can’t be the things God desires of us, we don’t then humble ourselves before God as logic dictates, we raise up superficial works that can be easily accomplished as that which God desires. We baptize our opinions as law and wedge them into legitimate Scripture. These clownish replacements for God’s righteous demands make usfeelsuperior, and so we stand judge over anyone who dares oppose us.

Are we just saying Jesus’ death was a band-aid.

If it were ever about us, and our goodness, God would have sent a holy scoreboard for each believer. Instead, it is about what Jesus did. Because we’ve accepted his love, we’re not then better than others. We are humble receivers of a great gift.

We were the hungry, and having found food, we arrogantly judge other beggars for still being so hungry.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

God forgave us so that our sin is no longer the issue. We no longer have the demand of impossible rules to earn the favor of God, it was given to us freely by Christ. So what makes us so prideful? Is it because we can’t accept that it’s all free? Is it because we feel better thinking we’ve contributed?

All we have is grace.

We are thieves and liars, adopted by a good man who cancelled our debt and announced to the entire kingdom to put anything more to come on his account.

We are not fit to jab our fingers at anyone else’s failings.

That finger-pointing is sometimes why they laugh at us Christians and shake their heads. And we fret over us losing our moral authority, What moral authority? Please God, let us lose it... Let us have nothing but our sin at so arrogantly slapping the hands of others when our own are still so freshly bruised. Then remind us that sin is all we’ve ever had. It’s all we ever brought to the table. Even the table was yours, God.

Some of what you say is true, As a Christian we have fallen WAY short .. To me most of the time it seems like as Christians when we hear about sinners sinning and we shake our heads and run our mouths.The fires await them, we think. Then we bury our heads in our bibles and smile at how very holy we are. We attack homosexuals and democrats as if they had erupted from a crack traveling up from hell itself. And we feel satisfied with ourselves, and sing along with the songs playing on KSBJ Christian Radio and thank our God we’re not like them.

At times, God will show me something that I’m wrong about. I find myself humbled and thankful that he would be so kind to love me amidst such ignorance. Then, I encounter someone who is still wrong about that thing, and I immediately judge them for not being as spiritual as me. There’s something about us that habitually turns the best of gifts from undeserved grace into deserved judgment in our minds. So we start to believe that God’s love is something which began as grace, but soon enough began to sprout because God admired our goodness.

The love of God should leave us breathless. Hit us square in the gut, silencing our doubts and fears of never being fully accepted. It should be the water which nourishes our faith. But the awe has worn off and we’ve patted God on the shoulder, telling him that we’ll take it from here. And, now, it is pride which feeds us, fertilizing our hate. The one so deep in debt no amount of work could pay it back, freshly forgiven, is running the streets, pointing fingers at all the other debtors.

We were all born ugly and we’ve found our beauty. Should we then use it to shame others? Because God’s goodness has been superimposed over our evil, is our evil now acceptable?

Because we can’t be the things God desires of us, we don’t then humble ourselves before God as logic dictates, we raise up superficial works that can be easily accomplished as that which God desires. We baptize our opinions as law and wedge them into legitimate Scripture. These clownish replacements for God’s righteous demands make usfeelsuperior, and so we stand judge over anyone who dares oppose us.

Are we just saying Jesus’ death was a band-aid.

If it were ever about us, and our goodness, God would have sent a holy scoreboard for each believer. Instead, it is about what Jesus did. Because we’ve accepted his love, we’re not then better than others. We are humble receivers of a great gift.

We were the hungry, and having found food, we arrogantly judge other beggars for still being so hungry.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

God forgave us so that our sin is no longer the issue. We no longer have the demand of impossible rules to earn the favor of God, it was given to us freely by Christ. So what makes us so prideful? Is it because we can’t accept that it’s all free? Is it because we feel better thinking we’ve contributed?

All we have is grace.

We are thieves and liars, adopted by a good man who cancelled our debt and announced to the entire kingdom to put anything more to come on his account.

We are not fit to jab our fingers at anyone else’s failings.

That finger-pointing is sometimes why they laugh at us Christians and shake their heads. And we fret over us losing our moral authority, What moral authority? Please God, let us lose it... Let us have nothing but our sin at so arrogantly slapping the hands of others when our own are still so freshly bruised. Then remind us that sin is all we’ve ever had. It’s all we ever brought to the table. Even the table was yours, God.

Your prayer to God to lose your moral authority was answered a long time ago.

You lost it when you forgot that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

You also forgot what Jesus said you should do with your responsibility for your sins. Do you remember, ---- pick up your cross and follow me. He never said to lay your cross across his shoulders.

I hear your prayer though and pray that you make the moral choices that you should here and now. To reject your satanic doctrine of substitutionary punishment.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Further.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Repentance is all God ever asked of us. Repent and take up your cross and start teaching your fellow Christians the right path to God.

Regards
DL

Your prayer to God to lose your moral authority was answered a long time ago.

You lost it when you forgot that having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

You also forgot what Jesus said you should do with your responsibility for your sins. Do you remember, ---- pick up your cross and follow me. He never said to lay your cross across his shoulders.

I hear your prayer though and pray that you make the moral choices that you should here and now. To reject your satanic doctrine of substitutionary punishment.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Further.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Repentance is all God ever asked of us. Repent and take up your cross and start teaching your fellow Christians the right path to God.

Regards
DL
My Friend, you don't understand grace.. Grace literally means “favor.” When it refers to God, it means the unmerited favor of God toward us. In fact, grace is an attribute of God. God doesn’t just act in a gracious way. God is defined by grace. God is grace. I can do nothing to earn it..

My Friend, you don't understand grace.. Grace literally means “favor.” When it refers to God, it means the unmerited favor of God toward us. In fact, grace is an attribute of God. God doesn’t just act in a gracious way. God is defined by grace. God is grace. I can do nothing to earn it..

God is defined by his morals.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Grace from such a prick would be really tainted but go ahead and pray to that satanic prick of a God if you trust what he will send you.

Regards
DL

Last edited by a moderator:
God is defined by his morals.

“The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Grace from such a prick would be really tainted but go ahead and pray to that satanic prick of a God if you trust what he will send you.

Regards
DL
You go ahead and put your faith in Richard.. I'm OK where i'm at

Most of the media it is controlled by jews. This is why most films and TV shows are against Christians

This is exactly what I thought of when I first read this topic. I don't think that all shows are against Christianity, I think that the shows that you choose to watch may be. However, it is a fact that Jewish people are prevalent in Hollywood, which is why there are so many shows that make fun of Christianity on the air.

This is exactly what I thought of when I first read this topic. I don't think that all shows are against Christianity, I think that the shows that you choose to watch may be. However, it is a fact that Jewish people are prevalent in Hollywood, which is why there are so many shows that make fun of Christianity on the air.
that or they make it so easy
Have gays created any storms or earthquakes as of late?

that or they make it so easy
Have gays created any storms or earthquakes as of late?
Hey, I'm a Christian in favor of gay rights, so it's not all of us. lol. I believe in the rights of all. Jesus said love everybody, and that's what I do. I may not feel like that is a lifestyle for me, but it's not my life to live. I live and let live. When they stop people from having their rights, then it does open themselves up to ridicule, but that's not really what the Bible teaches us to do.

Hey, I'm a Christian in favor of gay rights, so it's not all of us. lol. I believe in the rights of all. Jesus said love everybody, and that's what I do. I may not feel like that is a lifestyle for me, but it's not my life to live. I live and let live. When they stop people from having their rights, then it does open themselves up to ridicule, but that's not really what the Bible teaches us to do.
Jesus made a very scary comment once—especially for someone like me who talks/writes all the time. “I tell you,” he said, “on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37).

Yikes!

Why would Jesus say something like that?

I fully believe that at the judgment seat of God when all God’s people stand before a righteous God he will have a lot to say about words. “You were all wrong,” I suspect he will say, “and some of you were really wrong. But I’ve talked to my Son about you and he says you’re covered. So welcome Home.”

When our words reflect the “covering of Jesus” then those words are not ones that will judge us. They are the words out of which we write to try and praise God for the finished work of Christ.

And I’m not talking about “walking the talk” or being nice to please Jesus. Nobody has words that reflect their own goodness, purity and faithfulness. That’s because nobody is that. I’m talking about the fact that loved people normally love more, great sinners rarely throw rocks, guilty people make others feel guilty while forgiven people set people free, self-righteous folks make us back off while great sinners remind us of Jesus…and our words reflect all of that. It’s not just something you say; it’s something you are.

Just sayin..

It's not a right. If it were there would be no laws regarding it.

Jesus did say to love everyone yet he will not live up to his own standards while sending most on the wide road to hell and sending the few on the narrow path to heaven where we get to watch most of our loved ones fry below us. Nice heaven that. Not.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
my wife is Christian, minor in Bible studies at christian college, she is pro gay rights as well...So I know its not all...but its for sure hte most vocal ones.

Back