Mushi Mushi

Octavius

Hey y'all, I'm "Octavius", a senior in highschool and on the debate team, i'd just like to get other people's opinions on alot of the stuff i talk about every day, so i guess i'll be seeing you around.

Werbung:
I always thought that the "art" of debating was essentially the act of persuasion with virtually no regard given to whether the stated position is correct or not. Call it "bull****ting" without the negative connotations...

In any case, if you're looking for good bull****, you've certainly come to one of the right places, so... welcome!

haha you're absolutely right pidgey, thats exactly what it is. but at the same time, if you don't have enough general political knowledge in debate, you're in trouble. thats my real reason for being here is essentially to look at what other people have in regard to rebuttles or supporting statements for certain political issues

Seeing as how you're young and impressionable, tell you what--get to know some of the real facts about our world while you're at it. That way, you'll know how to trip other folks' arguments up even better. Go take this series of (compatible with your hectic schedule, no less!) presentations when you get the chance(s):

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

Seeing as how you're young and impressionable, tell you what--get to know some of the real facts about our world while you're at it. That way, you'll know how to trip other folks' arguments up even better. Go take this series of (compatible with your hectic schedule, no less!) presentations when you get the chance(s):

http://www.chrismartenson.com/crashcourse

There goes Pidgey pushing his line of cosmetic products again

LAWL!!!! J/k pidgey... remeber thou.. as a warning to all new-comers to any poltical forum.. remeber that we all view things in our own way.. always take everything you see here with a grain a salt..

the best thing you could ever do here is demand sources.. never take anyone at face value. and actually read there material.. while some people might reference a quote from a source.. often it is misquote or used to push an agenda.

open minds = open doors :)))

and welcome Oct to our forum , looking forward to your posts..

Octavius just wants to debate and I'm just telling him/her how to knock some arguments out. In debate, that's the objective. The fact that there's a very strong underlying truth to it all is inconsequential for the moment and most youngsters live in the moment.

If I have an agenda, it's to tell folks that no problem is going to get solved if they're just as guilty as the folks they're *****ing about. That, and to wisen up about what's on the horizon. Crap, the most enthusiastically positive energy prognosticators on the planet have been downscaling their predictions by extremely serious quantities for quite awhile now until their predictions are beginning to look suspiciously like the peak oilers. If you want a engineering answer to an engineering question, you certainly don't want to ask a politician whose answer is most likely what he thinks the most amount of people want to hear in order to get and stay elected.

please don't take me wrong, i'm not here to plagiarize arguments or anything, simply to increase my knowledge and to be able to talk to people that don't have the intellectual range of a walrus
although i'm sure that there might have been more than a few such accusations already heh

please don't take me wrong, i'm not here to plagiarize arguments or anything, simply to increase my knowledge and to be able to talk to people that don't have the intellectual range of a walrus
although i'm sure that there might have been more than a few such accusations already heh

LoL not exactly what i meant,.. but that's O.K!! I was speaking actually more for some of the other users who can at times use inapporiately..

Doesn't matter in any casee!! WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!

It's not going to bother us if you plagiarize walruses...

Werbung:
Back