Musical Aptitude?

Brandon

So do any of the members play any musical instruments? I thought we could have a topic that wasn't politically charged.

I personally have an interest in playing guitar (ya, i know its kinda a cliche).

Werbung:
Ah, don't worry, I play guitar too (but I'm a girl).

I can also kinda-sorta play the piano and keyboards. What I really want to learn is bass! I can play a few things, but not enough to consider myself a "true" player.

Oh, I don't play. I just have a budding interest in learning. I plan on getting a starter Ibanez with practice amp very shortly.

I am musically inclined, but never actually studied formally. I do play guitar, keyboard, drums, and some flute. I used to sing in the choir in school, and love to sing still, but mostly at karaoke with friends, and we have a blast!

I play some instruments - keyboard, bass and I sing. I taught myself the guitar when I was a kid. I certainly do not consider myself especially talented on anything but I enjoy jamming and unaccompanied vocal groups.

It would also be interesting to see if anyone had any undetected musical aptitude. However if you do not do "music speak" - it may be too hard to complete.

http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

Like Marilyn Monroe once said, when it comes to playing something musical, I can play the radio. That is about it.

I can sit for hours listening to someone strum a guitar or play a piano.

I've classically trained piano for about 15 years. The last coupla years was a bit dry because I didn't have much access to a piano (moved) but now I have a full sized keyboard again *loves* so I'm practicing pretty much every day.

That said, I'm formally qualified to teach (L.Mus.A), and plan to do so in the coming months! I also play french horn, but I don't practice that much.

Music has always been and as far as I can tell, always will be a huge part of my life. I write music a lot and it's really the one thing that will keep me sane. I think that's not least because some of the training I did was pretty darn intense. Nowadays I lament that I can't spend 6 hours a day on the piano, because that would be how much I actually need just to keep my repertoire going nicely.

Strangely, I too want to play guitar, having been hooked on Guitar Hero 2 (and I don't have a PS2, how sad is that).

I'm not really that musically inclined, as far as playing. I love music, however. Now my husband, that's another story. He sings and makes musical instruments. So far, he's made a hammered dulcimer, appalachian dulcimer, and Native American Flutes. He wants to learn how to make a bagpipe and Native American drums. Those are in the works, but we don't have the materials, or I'm sure they'd be done already.

I would love to learn how to play the piano. I have always wanted to learn but just really never took the time to learn how.

It would also be interesting to see if anyone had any undetected musical aptitude. However if you do not do "music speak" - it may be too hard to complete.

http://jakemandell.com/tonedeaf/

I am also curious to see how good people's pitch perception is (follow the links and scroll down). Training naturally has a lot to do with it but even most musicians do not have a specific need to alter their tuning to any degree of accuracy beyond about the 2Hz mark.

Imagine how hard it would be to try telling the difference between two tones 0.046875Hz apart! :tongue:

It appears there is a fair amount of musical prowess on this board. What if we take to the road and play some dates. I can be the warmup act and you guys can sing and play for the main act.

I don't think I'd be along to perform. Can I be a groupie?! ;) I love to sing, but do so very quietly so no one has to be in pain.

Werbung:
Does this mean we get a bus? :)

Imagine how hard it would be to try telling the difference between two tones 0.046875Hz apart! :tongue:

Haha, I have trouble making sure my notes aren't falling flat as it is!

Back