My thought for the day.

Greco

Actually it's not "my thought", but it is an opinion if concur with. After all, it's always a good day when you can twist the nose of a Republican.

OPINION
The GOP: divorced from reality
The Republican base is behaving like a guy who just got dumped by his wife.
By Bill Maher
April 24, 2009

If conservatives don't want to be seen as bitter people who cling to their guns and religion and anti-immigrant sentiments, they should stop being bitter and clinging to their guns, religion and anti-immigrant sentiments.

It's been a week now, and I still don't know what those "tea bag" protests were about. I saw signs protesting abortion, illegal immigrants, the bank bailout and that gay guy who's going to win "American Idol." But it wasn't tax day that made them crazy; it was election day. Because that's when Republicans became what they fear most: a minority.

The healthy thing to do is to just get past it and learn to cherish the memories. You'll always have New Orleans and Abu Ghraib.

And if today's conservatives are insulted by this, because they feel they're better than the people who have the microphone in their party, then I say to them what I would say to moderate Muslims: Denounce your radicals. To paraphrase George W. Bush, either you're with them or you're embarrassed by them.

The thing that you people out of power have to remember is that the people in power are not secretly plotting against you. They don't need to. They already beat you in public.

Kinda hard to argue against that logic, don't ya think? Why yes I do!

Werbung:
The Democrats are in charge now and the US economy is crumbling.

Does Bill M. ever acknowledge this fact?

The US economy is getting worse, not better under Obama.

They lie, when they suggest they see improvement.

Don't buy that lie!

"The Democrats are in charge now and the US economy is crumbling."

The economic problems started during the Bush administration, which Obama inherited. It was in all the newspapers at the time.

Actually it's not "my thought", but it is an opinion if concur with. After all, it's always a good day when you can twist the nose of a Republican.

OPINION
The GOP: divorced from reality
The Republican base is behaving like a guy who just got dumped by his wife.
By Bill Maher
April 24, 2009

If conservatives don't want to be seen as bitter people who cling to their guns and religion and anti-immigrant sentiments, they should stop being bitter and clinging to their guns, religion and anti-immigrant sentiments.

It's been a week now, and I still don't know what those "tea bag" protests were about. I saw signs protesting abortion, illegal immigrants, the bank bailout and that gay guy who's going to win "American Idol." But it wasn't tax day that made them crazy; it was election day. Because that's when Republicans became what they fear most: a minority.

The healthy thing to do is to just get past it and learn to cherish the memories. You'll always have New Orleans and Abu Ghraib.

And if today's conservatives are insulted by this, because they feel they're better than the people who have the microphone in their party, then I say to them what I would say to moderate Muslims: Denounce your radicals. To paraphrase George W. Bush, either you're with them or you're embarrassed by them.

The thing that you people out of power have to remember is that the people in power are not secretly plotting against you. They don't need to. They already beat you in public.

Kinda hard to argue against that logic, don't ya think? Why yes I do!

Well, anything Bill Maher says is always thought provoking and usually 'spot on' and always worth listening too...and I haven't always agreed with him either.

But the Republican party does appear to be 'to many screeching voices' all trying to out shout each other and there is 'no direction/no point/no cohesiveness'!!!

Well, anything Bill Maher says is always thought provoking and usually 'spot on' and always worth listening too...and I haven't always agreed with him either.

But the Republican party does appear to be 'to many screeching voices' all trying to out shout each other and there is 'no direction/no point/no cohesiveness'!!!

"Cling to their guns"... do you mean believe in the 2nd Amendment?
"Religion".... do you mean the right to practice religion as people see fit?
"Anti-immigrant sentiments".... No one says we cannot have legal immigration, but if by anti-immigrant sentiments you mean oppose breaking the law, then what is the problem here?

New Orleans and Abu Ghraib. Why does the state government bear no responsibility for Katrina? After all, it was a complete failure on the part of the state government (entirely Democratic mind you).

In regards to Abu Ghraib... who supported that? We supported prosecuting those involved.

As for denouncing our "radicals", what do you think occurred when massive bailouts started to become the norm. I would like for you to tell me who cause the first TARP vote to fail? It certainly was not the Democrats. Please tell me who voted against the stimulus? Not Democrats. Further, I am not sure exactly what you thought a 20% approval rating was if it was "denouncing our radicals."

Bill Maher is a partisan hack who offers you one biased side of the story. His comments are "right on" if you choose to ignore 50% of the story.

Well let's just take one of your false claims... "New Orleans and Abu Ghraib. Why does the state government bear no responsibility for Katrina? After all, it was a complete failure on the part of the state government (entirely Democratic mind you)."

The levees that failed are under the authority of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. They knew the condition of the levees. The Bush administration cut funding already designated to repair the problem. Then there's FEMA. That is supposed to handle catastrophic events. Remember "Heckofa Job Brownie"?

The US economy is getting worse, not better under Obama.

They lie, when they suggest they see improvement.

Don't buy that lie!
Yeah.....you FAUX Noise fans have soooooooooooo little time, for Lies.

:rolleyes:

"Fox Broadcasting Company announced Monday it will not carry President Barack Obama's prime time press conference marking his first 100 days in office, the first time a broadcast network has refused an Obama administration request for that valuable airtime.

The network will instead carry its regularly scheduled episode "Lie to Me," according to its Web site. The show is among the network's most popular and draws an average of 13 million viewers a week. That compares to the relatively paltry 4.2 million who watched the president's last prime-time press conference on Fox.​

Well let's just take one of your false claims... "New Orleans and Abu Ghraib. Why does the state government bear no responsibility for Katrina? After all, it was a complete failure on the part of the state government (entirely Democratic mind you)."

The levees that failed are under the authority of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. They knew the condition of the levees. The Bush administration cut funding already designated to repair the problem. Then there's FEMA. That is supposed to handle catastrophic events. Remember "Heckofa Job Brownie"?

Sure there were failures at the Federal level, but how about the city and the State have no disaster plan in place to speak of. Or maybe not bothering to ask for federal help at first, or just letting buses sit around while people could not get out? That is a federal problem? No.

Now go ahead and look at the rest of my "false claims" if you would. I am dying to see you deny the 2nd Amendment.

Bill Maher is a partisan hack who offers you one biased side of the story. His comments are "right on" if you choose to ignore 50% of the story.
You've quite-obviously forgotten the bias of 2000, and now it's the Dems' turn::

We WON! Get OVER it!!

Werbung:
You've quite-obviously forgotten the bias of 2000, and now it's the Dems' turn::

We WON! Get OVER it!!

I do not recall saying that you did not win. What I do recall saying was that his comments are half truths and out-right lies, which has nothing to do with you "winning or losing."

Back