Myers-Briggs, Jungian Psychiology, et al

samsara15

Does anyone out there believe that there is anything of substance in all of these personality tests and theories that are currently so popular? Or are they just another fad? Personally, my opinion is that those tests and theories are amusing, but mainly bull, but my opinion on that issue isd not fixed in stone.

I was reading some comments by Chip and wondered what his ideas might be on the subject. For the record, one might note that I am described as a Myers-Briggs INFP...one of a group of persons described as having a fuzzy grip on reality...I can agree with that assesssment!

Werbung:
The Myers-Briggs test is often used to evaluate a team. It is important to have all the bases covered so that there is balance. The executive staff at the company where I once worked took the test. I came out INTP. I always thought I was logical rather than intuitive, but after thinking about it, they pegged me right. My ideas originally come from intuition, but are expanded by logic.

Personally, I think it was valuable for the team. Everyone got to know where everyone else fit. Even though there might be some inaccuracy or borderline evaluations it did help how we understood and interacted with each other.

I was an INFP. Which would tend to say I have a rather fuzzy grasp of reality, and am not a logically oriented person, which may be true, although I was trained in the sciences and have a math degree, and spent my working career programming computers.

To me, the weakness of the Myers-Briggs lies in the questions themselves, and in classifying a person completely one or the other (N or T, I or E, etc) based on a slight majority of votes in one direction over the other, when even the answers to the individual questions could have gone the other way, based on hte person's mood at the time they were answering the questions.

Please note that the Decyples of Sigmond Fraud
practice Black Magic and WitchCraft!

EVIL!

Werbung:
Back