Nancy Pelosi, the worst person to lead

XCALIDEM

Nancy Pelosi again gets her hands involved in this 700 Billion bailout and screws things up by making this a political issue.
This laday has no idea of what tha hell she's doing in congress. She promised the troops back 2 years ago and hasn't done squat about it.

She's the person who we owe for having Obama as presidential Candidate.

Even biden agrees that Hillary was better person.....

Werbung:
I'm not sure this particular bailout was such a great idea anyway, members of both parties voted against it. However, I'd be interested in knowing what you think of any Republicans that would vote no on the bailout solely because of what Pelosi had to say...I mean, if true, isn't that not only rather petty but is it not putting politics before country?
If you're trying to lead a bipartison coalition you never begin your speech by bashing the other party's leader.... NO NO NO....:mad:

If you're trying to lead a bipartison coalition you never begin your speech by bashing the other party's leader.... NO NO NO....:mad:

No offense, but your continued claim of being a Democrat for McCain rings rather hollow when the only Democrat I've ever seen you in support of is Hillary.

Following the failure of the bailout bill, Barney Frank was asked about Republicans blaming Nancy Pelosi and a speech she gave for it failing:

“We don’t believe they had the votes and I think they are covering up the embarrassment of not having the votes. But think about this: somebody hurt my feelings so I will punish the country. I mean that’s hardly plausible. And there were twelve Republicans who were ready to stand up for the economic interest of America but not if anybody insulted them. I’ll make an offer: Give me those twelve people’s names and I will go talk uncharacteristically nicely to them and tell them what wonderful people they are, and maybe they’ll now think about the country.”

Following the failure of the bailout bill, Barney Frank was asked about Republicans blaming Nancy Pelosi and a speech she gave for it failing:

“We don’t believe they had the votes and I think they are covering up the embarrassment of not having the votes. But think about this: somebody hurt my feelings so I will punish the country. I mean that’s hardly plausible. And there were twelve Republicans who were ready to stand up for the economic interest of America but not if anybody insulted them. I’ll make an offer: Give me those twelve people’s names and I will go talk uncharacteristically nicely to them and tell them what wonderful people they are, and maybe they’ll now think about the country.”

If the democrats thought it was such a great plan they could have passed it without the republicans.

If the democrats thought it was such a great plan they could have passed it without the republicans.

That's true, but many progressive Democrats didn't like the plan either. To be honest, both sides are playing politics with this thing, there's too much pointing of fingers.

No offense, but your continued claim of being a Democrat for McCain rings rather hollow when the only Democrat I've ever seen you in support of is Hillary.

Because the rest of congress sux!!! That's why their approval rate is the lowest in history. All due to Pelosi's stupid agenda. She's the one that elected Obama....

Honestly, I'm ashamed of the leadership in the democratic party.... That's why I'm with McCain!!!

I agree that Pelosi is a horrible leader. Her district has a right to send her to congress and her district is pretty liberal so she needs to be also but she has no business being speaker. If we really and truly want the two parties to get something done, the speaker should be someone at least willing to deal with an alternative point of view.

Calidem is no Democrat.

I thought everyone had figured that out by now. She's a Republican that was going to jump ship because it looked like a woman might get the nomination and the Republicans were looking like a long shot this year anyhow.

IF, the republican's didn't vote because of what Pelosi did.. I'm extremely pleased with her.. the bailout is an awful piece of legislation, it shouldn't be passed.

The truth is the Democrats are smart enough not to take the bait and help this failed Republican President and then get bashed by his own Party for doing it.

I think the Dems should just wait it out. If the economy doesn't tank then they've lost nothing.

If the economy goes ahead and tanks like Bush and all the administrations top economic heads say it will (which I too think it most likely will) then the Dems just sit back and say... Well President Bush you put us here and we still tried to bail you out for the countries sake but your own Party scuttled or attempts. Go tell the American people.

It's really win either way on this one for the Dems.

The truth is the Democrats are smart enough not to take the bait and help this failed Republican President and then get bashed by his own Party for doing it.

I am not sure this is how it will be viewed. Most democrats are upset that nothing got done.

I think the Dems should just wait it out. If the economy doesn't tank then they've lost nothing.

If the economy does not tank then they have lost their entire argument on the economy. They are coming out agreeing that a bailout needs to take place, if the economy remains sound, they have lost the argument.

I am also surprised to hear you say this, since more than $1,000,000,000,000 dollars in assets vanished this afternoon, most of those belonging to the average working person in their retirement plans.

If the economy goes ahead and tanks like Bush and all the administrations top economic heads say it will (which I too think it most likely will) then the Dems just sit back and say... Well President Bush you put us here and we still tried to bail you out for the countries sake but your own Party scuttled or attempts. Go tell the American people.

It's really win either way on this one for the Dems.

I am glad to see if a depression hits your plan is to sit back and play the blame game.

The reason many Republicans refused to support the bailout is because they were not allowed any debate on their own plans, and then Pelosi gave a Bush bashing speech right before the vote, and at the same time, democratic strategists were actually saying they would use the Republican votes against them in the election.

Big shock it flopped. Coming to the floor, the Democrats thought they had the votes, and they were shocked when it did not pass. I called a friend on mine on the Hill and Democrats were "twisting arms" as he put it to try to get people to change their votes, and they left the voting open for over half an hour to try to pull it off at the last minute.

Democrats were not thinking this would fail by any stretch as you assume.

Because the rest of congress sux!!! That's why their approval rate is the lowest in history. All due to Pelosi's stupid agenda. She's the one that elected Obama....

Honestly, I'm ashamed of the leadership in the democratic party.... That's why I'm with McCain!!!

You dont know her, you cant say if she is or is not a dem. I work with a great number of dems who have never ever voted for a republican who are going to vote for McCain. I know a few who plan to write in Hillary too but the majority are voting for McCain.

You dont know her, you cant say if she is or is not a dem. I work with a great number of dems who have never ever voted for a republican who are going to vote for McCain. I know a few who plan to write in Hillary too but the majority are voting for McCain.

Are you saying Pelosi is not a Democrat?

Werbung:
Are you saying Pelosi is not a Democrat?

LOL no

ugh

I meant to say that to top gun about calidem. I must have clicked on her post instead of his.

He was trying to say that calidem was not a dem but I was saying she said she is, so she is. Or he, but I think she...

I know lots of dems, life long dems who refuse to vote for Obama, they are voting McCain and a few are writing in Hillary. I am sure there are more than the ones I know and I know a lot of them really.

Back