Nationalism

Igoby

What is with this new and constant use of the word "Nationalist" here? Somehow we are trying to make being proud of your country bad? Promoting your own countries interests as bad? I think people are trying to make nationalism a bad thing and it is not.

Werbung:
Historically speaking "nationalism" is, as with just about all things, a gray topic. It has been both good (preventing communism from taking hold in the 19th Century) and bad (World War I). Having a healthy love for your country isn't a bad thing; becoming a zealot is.

none of the jerks who run this country, not even the ones who get called "hawks," or the ones running the US military, really want America to kick ass.

They want to make money or they want to push their own weird religious agendas, or both, usually both. But none of them really like America.

Wait till Armchair general wades in and starts spouting off about this. And Fonz, did Armchair general copy your post or did you copy his post?

are you Flying your national flag like a good lil citizen?

you know that NATIONAL flag the 3x5 REPRESENTATION of an American flag? or the 4x6 or the 2x4 how many of you national citizens are aware that those Flags are NOT manufactured to meet the US Flag Codes? therefore they hold no power. they are mere RERESENTATIONS of the United States Flag............you want to be considered American you want your property to lie In AMERICA by flying a flag?

FLY a UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FLAG THEN

not the nationalistic "representation" of a flag

you know that NATIONAL flag the 3x5 REPRESENTATION of an American flag? or the 4x6 or the 2x4 how many of you national citizens are aware that those Flags are NOT manufactured to meet the US Flag Codes? therefore they hold no power. they are mere RERESENTATIONS of the United States Flag............you want to be considered American you want your property to lie In AMERICA by flying a flag?

Interesting. Of course the Flag Code has no constitutional backing whatsoever.

I agree with Rokerijdude11. Too many people think that putting a plastic flag on their car makes them patriotic, just like the person who sends $5 to Darfur in order to get back a nice thank you postcard.

I mean what would Christians think if someone went driving around with a two foot plastic jesus on their roof? Would that make that person a good Christian or a dilluded imbecile who has no idea about what they claim to believe.

The reason nationalism has become a bad word is because nations change, societies change, saying that you love and trust something no matter what it does is wrong. If your best friend kills your sister you don't back him up! You can believe in and love the ideals of America but when people spout nationalism it is not really nationalism or patriotism it is just a man-crush on the government that claims to be the nation.

Just like the bible people can twist and distort the name of their nation into a disgusting blasphemy of what it originally represented.

I agree with Rokerijdude11. Too many people think that putting a plastic flag on their car makes them patriotic, just like the person who sends $5 to Darfur in order to get back a nice thank you postcard.

I mean what would Christians think if someone went driving around with a two foot plastic jesus on their roof? Would that make that person a good Christian or a dilluded imbecile who has no idea about what they claim to believe.

The reason nationalism has become a bad word is because nations change, societies change, saying that you love and trust something no matter what it does is wrong. If your best friend kills your sister you don't back him up! You can believe in and love the ideals of America but when people spout nationalism it is not really nationalism or patriotism it is just a man-crush on the government that claims to be the nation.

Just like the bible people can twist and distort the name of their nation into a disgusting blasphemy of what it originally represented.

How about a bumper sticker that reads "I Support Plastic Jesus"?

Werbung:

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#2

I believe the one on my house is 3x5, and it's made of nylon.

Back