1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

NBC launches massive photo bank

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by palefrost, Jul 23, 2006.

1. palefrost

palefrost Well-Known Member

I thought this was interesting. I might have been even more excited if they had said they were going to show the tv shows from the past on the website. Ive seen a few network online sites showing programs on the net and I thought that was a great idea!

I dont understand how come they havent all jumped on this band wagon! Its seems to me you can still make tons of money showing a program on the net the next day. I know I would watch an episode of "lost" on the net and sit though the commericals online if needed. I would even pay a service to be able to do this. What are the downfalls to this? What am i missing?

2. Word2Action

Word2Action Well-Known Member

Good point. Some sites already do this. Mostly entertainment sites like wwe.com and comedycentral.com. It'd be nice to see more mainstream channels do this.

3. sushimonster

sushimonster Guest

I would be awesome to view shows online that were cancelled long ago.

4. capitalist_junkie

capitalist_junkie Well-Known Member

Definitely! I mean, I love getting DVDs of classics, but it would be so easy to watch them online.

5. palefrost

palefrost Well-Known Member

Heck i would buy a few that are long gone. The wonder woman series with linda carter was great! Six million dollar man was campy fun to watch!

6. LyricB

LyricB Well-Known Member

I too would sit through commericals to see a show online which I had forgotten to tune into the previous night. I might even pay if it were commercial free.