NBC launches massive photo bank

palefrost

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- On Monday NBC will launch a massive new web photo bank featuring millions of images from its past and present television content, said the company.
The NBC Universal Photo Bank was created in conjunction with Digital Railroad Inc., and NBC will actively develop and and license content from the site.
bob_hope.03.jpg
An image of comedian Bob Hope from NBC's archives.
The studio becomes the first to manage and market its own photo licensing and distribution strategy. Studios typically contract the work to outside agencies.
The company's digital media distribution group will manage the photo archive.
"Digital Railroad's feature-rich digital technology platform enables NBC Universal to display and protect our valuable photo assets while we provide our valued clients and photo buyers with an efficient and easy-to-use digital image archive search, delivery and workflow solution," said Ray Slay of NBC Universal Photography and New Media, in a statement.
The site is located at www.nbcuphotobank.com.
NBC Universal is 80 percent owned by GE (Charts). The remainder is owned by

I thought this was interesting. I might have been even more excited if they had said they were going to show the tv shows from the past on the website. Ive seen a few network online sites showing programs on the net and I thought that was a great idea!

I dont understand how come they havent all jumped on this band wagon! Its seems to me you can still make tons of money showing a program on the net the next day. I know I would watch an episode of "lost" on the net and sit though the commericals online if needed. I would even pay a service to be able to do this. What are the downfalls to this? What am i missing?

Werbung:
palefrost said:
I thought this was interesting. I might have been even more excited if they had said they were going to show the tv shows from the past on the website. Ive seen a few network online sites showing programs on the net and I thought that was a great idea!

I dont understand how come they havent all jumped on this band wagon! Its seems to me you can still make tons of money showing a program on the net the next day. I know I would watch an episode of "lost" on the net and sit though the commericals online if needed. I would even pay a service to be able to do this. What are the downfalls to this? What am i missing?

Good point. Some sites already do this. Mostly entertainment sites like wwe.com and comedycentral.com. It'd be nice to see more mainstream channels do this.

Heck i would buy a few that are long gone. The wonder woman series with linda carter was great! Six million dollar man was campy fun to watch!

Werbung:
I too would sit through commericals to see a show online which I had forgotten to tune into the previous night. I might even pay if it were commercial free.

Back