1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

NeoCons......Meet "The Culture War"!!!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

(....And, all-these-years....you kept trying to convince everyone the workplace wasn't a democracy!!)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

2. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't think that Republicans or Conservatives actually care if overpaid CEOs get haircuts in their compensation packages. Matter-of-fact, I think they'll welcome that, too. I also think that a hard look at our congressional leaders' individual wealth might bring to light some interesting things, too. For instance:

http://insidertrading.procon.org/viewresource.asp?resourceID=1580

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Yeah..... hard-times, and all that, huh?

4. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

Quote from the movie Extreme Prejudice by Sheriff Hank Pearson (Rip Torn):

"Hell, Jack... the only thing worse than a politician is a child molester!"

From the few comments of yours that I've read, I'd get the idea that it's your belief that only Republican politicians are bad and all Democrats are good. My opinion's different: they're all bad--they're just telling different folks what they think those folks want to hear in order to get elected and stay in office.

Most folks who go with the Peak Oil scenario hate Bush, too, but for a very different reason than you seem to: they think he should have started dismantling our industrial-based society when he got in. That's what they're hoping Obama will do. You have to understand that they don't really care how he goes about it whether by design or FUBAR--just that it gets done. In reality, virtually nobody would welcome this transition, not even you.

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

....And, those-in-the-KNOW knew it was pay-back time, for those who put him in-office.

6. Pidgey

Pidgey Well-Known Member

It's appropriate that you chose the color you did for "pay-back", seeing as how that's what you seem to have in mind. In all likelihood, it would end up the same way that it did the other recent time that it was tried.