Never Buy a Chrysler Again!

Werbung:
asur;95093]This statement shows how foolish Obama is -

As Obama himself put it, "If the Japanese can design an affordable, well-designed hybrid, then, doggone it, the American people should be able to do the same.

As opposed to asur's little world where... America doesn't try to be cutting edge with technology or look to future gas spikes or give a sh1t about the environment or even try to be better in new advancements & quality than the other car companies.

He's still living in the 60's wanting all American cars to be 10 mpg 389 Tri-Power GTO's with 3 dueces and 440 Dodge Challengers with 6 packs.

While the rest of the world goes "I Robot car" asur morns the loss of the General Lee in the "Dukes of Hazard"!:)

Personally I'm glad you're not much more backward... you'd have us all on horses.:)

Lol - I never saw the Duke brothers get hurt too bad in the General Lee.
Lots of genuine metal and none of that cheap Fiat plastic!

I want a nice big SUV or crossover as long as it isn't made by Chrysler
and it has some weight to it. Maybe Nissan, Honda or Toyota will have to do.
It doesn't have to be a big gas guzzler like the Hemi Obama used to drive.

I care about my health unlike Obama.

The begging for bailout money has left a bad taste in my mouth also.

I also base my car ideas of redneck tv shows.

Big difference.

The Obama Admin can TRACK those buck$.....unlike the BU$HCO Bank-Buck$......much like those Iraq Football$

:rolleyes:

We just tracked them straight to Bankruptcy court.... YAY! WE CAN SEE THEY WENT BANKRUPT!!

Most amazing thing in the world to watch complete idiots, see their plans completely fail, and yet somehow try and make up a good spot in the train wreck.

It doesn't matter a hill of beans if we can track a dollar that is wasted. We tracked the billions straight to a garbage can. Whoopty freakin doo.

I also base my car ideas of redneck tv shows.

If your only contention is that somehow "It could have been worse!" that somehow justifies us funneling billions to a company that ultimately went bankrupt anyway... then your ideas are of the exact same quality as a redneck TV show.

"Howdy! Why we gots ta give em car componies some bailout, or thar gonna fail!" *hocks a spit ball into a trash can*

"Well I'll be! Looky in thissa can, Joe! Itssa car compony!"

Chrysler files for bankruptcy

That's redneck logic for you.

If your system of "tracking" is anything like recovery.gov, then we have no idea where any of the money has gone.
.....Kinda like those anonymous hedge-fund members, huh?​

"President Obama's harsh attack on hedge funds he blamed for forcing Chrysler into bankruptcy yesterday sparked cries of protest from the secretive financial firms that hold about $1 billion of the automaker's debt.

"Some of the characterizations that were used today to refer to us as speculators or to say we're looking for a bailout is really unfair," said one executive who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter. "What we're looking for is a reasonable payout on the value of the debt . . . more in line with what unions and Fiat were getting."

"In particular, a group of investment firms and hedge funds decided to hold out for the prospect of an unjustified taxpayer-funded bailout," Obama said. "They were hoping that everybody else would make sacrifices, and they would have to make none. Some demanded twice the return that other lenders were getting. I don't stand with them."

I'd say this qualifies as The President's "Bring 'em ON!"-moment.

:p

.....Kinda like those anonymous hedge-fund members, huh?

I'd say this qualifies as The President's "Bring 'em ON!"-moment.

Those people did nothing illegal. And it was Obama that set up the plan which made it better for them to go with bankruptcy.

It doesn't matter a hill of beans if we can track a dollar that is wasted. We tracked the billions straight to a garbage can. Whoopty freakin doo.
Well....to be fair....hedge-fund managers were HOPING for billions.....but, that's (all) CHANGED.

"But now that these hedgies are looking at the butt end of a government-imposed cramdown that would give them only 30 cents of each dollar owed by Chrysler, suddenly they're all about fairness and the rule of law.

What you need to know about these vultures is that their idea of fairness is throwing 100,000 people out of work and denying retirees their pensions and their health benefits just so they can liquidate the company and maybe squeeze an extra 15 cents on the dollar from their Chrysler debt."​

Those people did nothing illegal.
.....The same excuse used to justify Slavery....and (eventually) torture.

Hey.....things CHANGE.

"Things look bad from over here
Too much confusion and no solution
Everyone here knows your fear
You're out of touch and you try too much

Yesterday's glory won't help us today
You wanna retire?
Get out of the way...."

budance.gif

Well with Obama running Chrysler I'm not going to expect much good.
He will make things worse for Chrysler and they will wish they never got involved
with government bailouts.

Many liberals I know drive big Lexus, Acura, Mercedes, etc. so Obama has to
change their buying patterns, which I doubt he can do. Heck Obama wouldn't
buy a Fiat himself.

The one bright spot might be that more US citizens start driving the American brands like Ford, Nissan, Toyota and Honda. Lol.
It's sounds crazy, but then the US is in a crazy state right now.

Buying a Chrysler is just plain un-american anymore.

I really wasn't planning on it, but now that
the Gov't and Union own much of Chrysler and run it, I will
make a point not to ever look at one.

Why? Because buying a Chrysler will be helping
the big, corrupt Democratic machine.

Chrysler is no longer an American company in my mind.

Every car I have ever owned was American. Now I see little point in remembering what little distinction that might mean.

...Chapter 11 bankruptcy is the one where you reorganize. Many companies declare chapter 11 and come back in short order after they can restructure.

Filing for bankruptcy up front would not have resulted in their elimination, it would have resulted in a quicker reorganization (or sell off) which would have saved billions of taxpayer dollars.

While that's true it's not really the full story.

First... Letting Chrysler collapse back at the beginning would have almost certainly have soured the merger with Fiat... and without a partner Chrysler was doomed regardless.

Secondly... Chrysler sales will almost totally tank and a whole lot of good hard working people with families will be out of work for at least 2 months even now with everything in place... even with the Fiat merger and the government guaranteeing warranties and helping them through bankruptcy.

Had this just been a regular tank out reorganization it could have taken much, much longer. And with none of the moves that have taken place there quite likely might not have even been a viable market left for Chrysler on the other side.

So taking everything into consideration personally believing Chrysler was about a dying breed anyway I could have went along and said, roll the dice I don't really care if they make it or not... sometimes bad things happen.

But on the other hand I think President Obama did the right thing to do everything he could to save the United States THIRD LARGEST EMPLOYER!

That's a lot of families. Hind sight being 20/20 so it won't matter but if Chrysler comes out of this mess and the Fiat merger saves the brand here in the US I'm calling it a HUGE... ENORMOUS... VICTORY for President Obama.

If they still fail then it was an obvious very good hearted attempt... but that would be a waste of money even if for a good cause.

We shall see...

First... Letting Chrysler collapse back at the beginning would have almost certainly have soured the merger with Fiat... and without a partner Chrysler was doomed regardless.

They could easily have found a partner in bankruptcy as it was.

Secondly... Chrysler sales will almost totally tank and a whole lot of good hard working people with families will be out of work for at least 2 months even now with everything in place... even with the Fiat merger and the government guaranteeing warranties and helping them through bankruptcy.

By this logic we can never let a company go out of business because someone will lose their job.

Had this just been a regular tank out reorganization it could have taken much, much longer. And with none of the moves that have taken place there quite likely might not have even been a viable market left for Chrysler on the other side.

So taking everything into consideration personally believing Chrysler was about a dying breed anyway I could have went along and said, roll the dice I don't really care if they make it or not... sometimes bad things happen.

But on the other hand I think President Obama did the right thing to do everything he could to save the United States THIRD LARGEST EMPLOYER!

Who cares if they were the largest employer? Companies fail, and when they do they need to fail, not be propped up with billions of dollars only to result in exactly what they could have had without spending the billions.

That's a lot of families. Hind sight being 20/20 so it won't matter but if Chrysler comes out of this mess and the Fiat merger saves the brand here in the US I'm calling it a HUGE... ENORMOUS... VICTORY for President Obama.

If the death of capitalism means an enormous victory for the President, then I want no part of it. We could have put them in bankruptcy from the get go and been where we are today minus blown billions.

Werbung:

How old are you like 12?:D You sound like a little kid dreaming about his first ride.

As far as the General Lee you're right bigness and weight are all that matters. The fact that car couldn't pass even one of today's new car crash test should be no concern of your... LOL!

As far as President Obama his Ford Escape got 26 mpg on the highway and a Chrysler 300 gets 26 also so I guess I'm missin' your point. Seems moderate to me for a MILLIONAIRE!

You should buy a Hummer. That would fit with all your other overcompensating acting as if you had even a single clue!:D

Back