Newt Gingrich for President?

Skytrooper

Newt Gingrich tells Georgia Republicans he’ll be a candidate in ‘12
3:20 pm January 21, 2011, by jgalloway

In the last 24 hours, former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich has touched base with several prominent Republicans in his former home state, telling them that he intends to make a run for president in 2012 using Georgia as his base – and that he already has his eye on office space in Buckhead for a campaign headquarters.

Former U.S. House speaker Newt Gingrich
Gingrich met on Thursday with Nathan Deal, whom Gingrich endorsed during a critical phase of last year’s Republican primary for governor.

House Speaker David Ralston introduced Gingrich Thursday night at a downtown Atlanta affair hosted by the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce.

The visits and conversations – some face-to-face, others on the phone — appear to be an attempt by Gingrich to revive his old campaign network and lock down as much support as possible in a state won by Republican Mike Huckabee in the 2008 presidential primary.

A spokeswoman for Johnny Isakson said Gingrich called the U.S. senator earlier this month – adding that Gingrich was not definite about his plans in that conversation. In an interview on Friday, U.S. Sen. Saxby Chambliss said he had not talked to Gingrich yet, but that the former U.S. House speaker had asked for an appointment in the near future. “He said, ‘I need a significant amount of your time,’” Chambliss said.

Gingrich, 67, is registered to vote in Virginia, and has a Virginia driver’s license. But he spent most of his adult life in Georgia, and from 1979 until 1999 — the last three years as speaker — Gingrich was a congressman from metro Atlanta.

Gingrich most recent visit here was clearly an attempt to lock down as much support as possible in a state won by Republican Mike Huckabee in the 2008 presidential primary. In a meeting with reporters, Gingrich emphasized his Georgia roots.

“My offices are here. My grandchildren are here. I’m here regularly,” Gingrich said at a Thursday news conference at his Center for Health Transformation in suburban Atlanta. “I helped create the modern Republican Party in Georgia starting in 1960. I have a certain fondness for being back in Atlanta.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insi...ngrich-presidential-campaign-out-of-buckhead/

I have lived in Ga every since I retired from the US Army. Having lived in Macon, Atlanta and Columbus GA, I have heard many different political opinions throughout the state from many different types of people. But one thing the majority of the Georgians I have discussed politics with, Newt would be a welcomed choice for President.

Myself, I reserve my support for any one candidate until I see whom is running on the Republican ticket. But I do believe Newt is a strong contender.

Werbung:
Gingrich is a has-been. He will not be president.

Ex-army eh ?

You must admire the way the Red Army destroyed the Nazi War Machine.

By the way, I am not a liberal, I am a marxist, comrade.

Welcome to the machine.

Cornell Stalin

Ex-army eh ?

Welcome to the machine.

Cornell Stalin

Newt is 100 times more of a statesman and qualified for the job than Obama.

You are clueless aren't you? If you compared the amount of men the Red Army threw at the Nazis, and with the help of the US, I wouldn't be bragging. The numbers of men wasted by the idiotic commanders of the Reds wasn't admirable, its was foolhardy. The German Army was ten times better trained, equipped and their leadership on the battlefield made the Russians look like fools. Their biggest failure was to attack Stalingrad during the winter because they had to close the western front before they could put their might behind the Eastern campaign to face USA. And listening to Hitler to begin with.

Before you start talking about crap you know very little about or nothing, stfu and read a history book. There is nothing more laughable.

BTW, yes you are a liberal and are too blind to realize it.

Ex-army eh ?

Welcome to the machine.

Cornell Stalin

WRONG! The U.S Military defeated Hitlers war machine.

WRONG! The U.S Military defeated Hitlers war machine.

The US air force mainly did what they usually do - kill women and children.

Where was the Red Army when the Yanks landed in France ?

"...The Belorussian Offensive (codenamed Operation Bagration), which began on 22 June 1944, was a massive Soviet attack, consisting of four Soviet army groups totaling over 120 divisions that smashed into a thinly-held German line. They focused their massive attacks on Army Group Centre, not Army Group North Ukraine as the Germans had originally expected. More than 2.3 million Soviet troopers went into action against the German Army Group Centre, which boasted a strength of fewer than 800,000 men. At the points of attack, the numerical and quality advantages of the Soviets were overwhelming: the Red Army achieved a ratio of ten to one in tanks and seven to one in aircraft over the enemy. The Germans crumbled. The capital of Belarus, Minsk, was taken on 3 July, trapping 50,000 Germans. Ten days later the Red Army reached the prewar Polish border. Bagration was by any measure one of the largest single operations of the war. By the end of August 1944, it had cost the Germans ~670,000 dead, missing, wounded and sick, from whom 160,000 were captured, as well as 2,000 tanks and 57,000 other vehicles. In the operation, the Red Army lost ~170,000 dead and missing (765,815 totally, including wounded and sick plus 5073 Poles),[46] as well as 2,957 tanks and assault guns. The offensive at Estonia claimed another 480,000 Soviet troopers, 100,000 of them as dead.[47][48]

The neighbouring Lvov-Sandomierz operation was launched on 17 July 1944, rapidly routing the German forces in Western Ukraine. The Soviet advance in the south continued into Romania and, following a coup against the Axis-allied government of Romania on 23 August, the Red Army occupied Bucharest on 31 August. In Moscow on 12 September, Romania and the Soviet Union signed an armistice on terms Moscow virtually dictated. The Romanian surrender tore a hole in the southern German Eastern Front causing the inevitable loss of the whole of the Balkans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_patriotic_war

Comrade STalin

Cornell Stalin

You are clueless aren't you? If you compared the amount of men the Red Army threw at the Nazis, and with the help of the US, I wouldn't be bragging. The numbers of men wasted by the idiotic commanders of the Reds wasn't admirable, its was foolhardy. The German Army was ten times better trained, equipped and their leadership on the battlefield made the Russians look like fools. Their biggest failure was to attack Stalingrad during the winter because they had to close the western front before they could put their might behind the Eastern campaign to face USA. And listening to Hitler to begin with.

Remind me who won ?

Pretty much a complete insult to all the officers and men of the Red Army who gave their lives in defence of the motherland.

I would expect better of a true warrior.

As an aside,members of my extended family, proud marxists to a man and women, fought in the Russia and Chinese Revolutions, and against the Nazis and Japanese in both countries.

Your not in the army now so your sad attempts and abuse cut absolutely no ice. I have a whole shelf of books of the Soviet Defence of the motherland and have written a song about Pavlov's House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavlov's_House

Comrade Stalin

The numbers of men wasted by the idiotic commanders of the Reds wasn't admirable, its was foolhardy. The German Army was ten times better trained, equipped and their leadership on the battlefield made the Russians look like fools.

gee.. those dumb russians..

"...Bagration was by any measure one of the largest single operations of the war. By the end of August 1944, it had cost the Germans ~670,000 dead, missing, wounded and sick, from whom 160,000 were captured, as well as 2,000 tanks and 57,000 other vehicles. In the operation, the Red Army lost ~170,000 dead and missing (765,815 totally, including wounded and sick plus 5073 Poles),[46] as well as 2,957 tanks and assault guns...

wait a minute, that can''t be right

670,000 German dead versus 170,000 Soviet dead...

Comrade Stalin

The US air force mainly did what they usually do - kill women and children.

Where was the Red Army when the Yanks landed in France ?

Comrade STalin

Cornell Stalin

Good Question,, Russians should had taken them. Then we wouldnt have to deal with this game at the U.N to get permisson go to attack IRAQ.

gee.. those dumb russians..

"...Bagration was by any measure one of the largest single operations of the war. By the end of August 1944, it had cost the Germans ~670,000 dead, missing, wounded and sick, from whom 160,000 were captured, as well as 2,000 tanks and 57,000 other vehicles. In the operation, the Red Army lost ~170,000 dead and missing (765,815 totally, including wounded and sick plus 5073 Poles),[46] as well as 2,957 tanks and assault guns...

wait a minute, that can''t be right

670,000 German dead versus 170,000 Soviet dead...

Comrade Stalin
Sure any one can cherry pick but I rather show facts. The fact that the total Soviets killed by Germany war machine was almost twice what the German army lost.

Thanks for playing. Game. Set. Match.

During the Great Patriotic War, the Red Army conscripted 29,574,900 men in addition to the 4,826,907 in service at the beginning of the war. Of this total of 34,401,807 it lost 6,329,600 KIA, 555,400 deaths by disease and 4,559,000 MIA (most captured). Of these 11,444,100, however, 939,700 rejoined the ranks in the subsequently liberated Soviet territory, and a further 1,836,000 returned from German captivity. Thus the grand total of losses amounted to 8,668,400.[48] This is the official total dead, but other estimates give the number of total dead up to almost 11 million men, including 7.7 million killed or missing in action and 2.6 million POW dead (out of 5.2 million total POWs), plus 400,000 paramilitary and Soviet partisan losses.[49] The majority of the losses, excluding POWs, being ethnic Russians (5,756,000), followed by ethnic Ukrainians (1,377,400).[48] However, as many as 8 million of the 34 million mobilized were non-Slavic minority soldiers, and around 45 divisions formed from national minorities served from 1941 to 1943.[50]

The German losses on the Eastern Front comprised an estimated 3,604,800 KIA within the 1937 borders plus 900,000 ethnic Germans and Austrians outside the 1937 border (included in these numbers are men listed as missing in action or unaccounted for after the war)[51] and 3,576,300 men reported captured (total 8,081,100); the losses of the German satellites on the Eastern Front approximated 668,163 KIA/MIA and 799,982 captured (total 1,468,145). Of these 9,549,245, the Soviets released 3,572,600 from captivity after the war, thus the grand total of the Axis losses came to an estimated 5,976,645.[52] As regards prisoners of war, both sides captured large numbers and had many die in captivity - one recent British [53] figure says 3.6 of 6 million Soviet POWs died in German camps, while 300,000 of 3 million German POWs died in Soviet hands.[54]

11 million is a bigger number than 6 million last time I checked.

One of the main reasons for the soviet union's massive loss in civilians and soldiers was because stalin mass murdered his own officer corps just before the war. Another reason is because the ukrainians originally welcomed the nazis as liberators, because they of course well remembered the holomdor mass starvation-genocide, engineered by the soviets, that killed millions of them 15 years earlier. Reasons for soviet victories: the soviets had the russian winter as a key ally, and thousands of miles of territory (snatched from other countries for the last few centuries) to wear the nazis out with sheer distance. More: the soviets got massive aid from the capitalist US. Even more: unlike the US, they only had to fight a one-front land battle. Without the US taking on japan almost single-handedly, they certainly would have been attacked from the east as well, and then the outcome would have been much different.

...I hope not. But I don't like anyone the Republicans suggest for their ticket, so unless - by some miracle - Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, I'll once again be voting for the Libertarian party.

Yeah Ron Paul over Newt and BO any day of the week.

I believe there was a poll a couple months back that showed BO and Paul in a statistical dead heat, but Paul would overwhelmingly win the independent vote.

The media is gearing up right now to promote BO for 2012. I suspect they will do ANYTHING to get him re-elected. The R candidates know they will have a tough job as the media will do ANYTHING to destroy them.

All this talk about BO moving to the center is just talk, but it will fool many.

Werbung:

...I hope not. But I don't like anyone the Republicans suggest for their ticket, so unless - by some miracle - Ron Paul gets the Republican nomination, I'll once again be voting for the Libertarian party.

Ron Paul would have to do a lot of ass kissing the the GOP base to manage that.

Back