1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

No more MySpace

Discussion in 'Education Policies' started by Koios, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Koios

Koios New Member

Read more here.

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of myspace but I wonder if this might bring about new and perhaps bigger problems.... What do you guys think?

2. Friendindeed

Friendindeed New Member

I think it's messed up.
    I'm not a fan of myspace either because it's owned by Rupert Murdoch and they are heavy handed with the bulletins but I still think the school has no right.

3. zerorelations

zerorelations New Member

I don't think the school has the right to do that.

Myspace isn't the property of the school...

4. Eternal

Eternal New Member

But it's a private institution so they technically have the right to do this.

5. HighVoltage123

HighVoltage123 New Member

Myspace rules :D

6. God

God New Member

Incorrect, God rules.

.. and yes, even God thinks myspace sucks.

7. TheWaffle

TheWaffle New Member

This isn't exactly new news. My school from 6 years ago was policing student activity on the internet, going so far as to ban the use of a polling site that we commonly used citing certain polls as insensitive and were likely to hurt feelings poll topics included "Favorite Teacher, Hottest Girl in Grade, Funniest Guy...etc" I mean if this bothers you there are schools out there where male and female students are not even allowed to make eye contact (making eye babies).

I do like the fact that parents and schools think that if they delete these myspace pages then their kids are going to be safe. I still don't understand why parents and schools find controlling kids more effective then speaking to them. I mean all that you need is to tell them "don't be stupid" and that usually gets the job done.