1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

No more MySpace

Discussion in 'Education Policies' started by Koios, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Koios

Koios Well-Known Member

Read more here.

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of myspace but I wonder if this might bring about new and perhaps bigger problems.... What do you guys think?

2. Friendindeed

Friendindeed Well-Known Member

I think it's messed up.
    I'm not a fan of myspace either because it's owned by Rupert Murdoch and they are heavy handed with the bulletins but I still think the school has no right.

3. zerorelations

zerorelations Well-Known Member

I don't think the school has the right to do that.

Myspace isn't the property of the school...

4. Eternal

Eternal Well-Known Member

But it's a private institution so they technically have the right to do this.

5. HighVoltage123

HighVoltage123 Active Member

Myspace rules :D

6. God

God Well-Known Member

Incorrect, God rules.

.. and yes, even God thinks myspace sucks.

7. TheWaffle

TheWaffle Well-Known Member

This isn't exactly new news. My school from 6 years ago was policing student activity on the internet, going so far as to ban the use of a polling site that we commonly used citing certain polls as insensitive and were likely to hurt feelings poll topics included "Favorite Teacher, Hottest Girl in Grade, Funniest Guy...etc" I mean if this bothers you there are schools out there where male and female students are not even allowed to make eye contact (making eye babies).

I do like the fact that parents and schools think that if they delete these myspace pages then their kids are going to be safe. I still don't understand why parents and schools find controlling kids more effective then speaking to them. I mean all that you need is to tell them "don't be stupid" and that usually gets the job done.