No wonder they think we're uncivilized and ungodly

Why is it that every issue seems to come down to Republicans bashing Democrats, and vice versa?

Does anyone know what party the drunken louts that started the discussion belong to? Does it matter?

To the rest of the world...absolutely not...they are just seeing this as another prime example of 'AMERICANS' with no morals, low self-esteem, the worst of the worst getting MEDIA attention and the world gets reinforcement for wanting to keep us away from their borders.

We loose ground: for ethical standing/reputation/good will...because of things such as this:eek: Stupid enough that the mindset for 'boys will be boys' stunt but to be so mindless/clueless as to plaster it out on a web page/youtube/email sight was just asking for a 'kick-in-arse' and now they will reap what they sewed and all of AMERICA looks deprived/asinine in the eyes of the world!!!

Yep, years of making positive steps forward...just keep getting obliterated by events from this unnecessary aggressive action in a highly volatile country...they {Iraq's & Afghanistan's} will remember us long, long after we are gone...we are the MONGRAL HORD!!! ;)

Werbung:
To the rest of the world...absolutely not...they are just seeing this as another prime example of 'AMERICANS' with no morals, low self-esteem, the worst of the worst getting MEDIA attention and the world gets reinforcement for wanting to keep us away from their borders.

We loose ground: for ethical standing/reputation/good will...because of things such as this:eek: Stupid enough that the mindset for 'boys will be boys' stunt but to be so mindless/clueless as to plaster it out on a web page/youtube/email sight was just asking for a 'kick-in-arse' and now they will reap what they sewed and all of AMERICA looks deprived/asinine in the eyes of the world!!!

Yep, years of making positive steps forward...just keep getting obliterated by events from this unnecessary aggressive action in a highly volatile country...they {Iraq's & Afghanistan's} will remember us long, long after we are gone...we are the MONGRAL HORD!!! ;)

"Mongral Hord" LOL

Yes, what it is is a PR disaster for the United States. It could possibly be mitigated a little bit by firing the perpetrators and bringing them home, never again to represent the US abroad. It might not be constitutional to deny them passports or video cameras, but at least they wouldn't be sent abroad to do their thing.

But, the damage has been done now, and can't be undone. The best thing would be to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure there is no repeat.

what the party and sleep around with chicks and gay stuff you could not work with, had to change to taxes? I guess you know the republicans are winning the battle for most sex scandles by far last few years, and had to change to something else..

As usual, you fail. You made claims that are not supported by the facts and when presented with the facts, you kick and scream like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

I don't like the Republican party, I freely admit they are hypocrites who fail to uphold the values and principles they claim to stand for, and I wish they'd fold up their tent and call it quits or return to their roots and once again actually stand for the principles they claim to champion.

If you want to pretend that Republicans are the only hypocrites in government and ignore the hypocrisy from the Democrats, go right ahead but you do so by ignoring the facts... Which is nothing new for you. You have a penchant for being both wrong and a cheerleader for Democrats anyway - while claiming not to be one.

This is due to your moral relativism, belief that the lesser of two evils is something other than evil. In that too you are wrong.

"Mongral Hord" LOL

Yes, what it is is a PR disaster for the United States. It could possibly be mitigated a little bit by firing the perpetrators and bringing them home, never again to represent the US abroad. It might not be constitutional to deny them passports or video cameras, but at least they wouldn't be sent abroad to do their thing.

But, the damage has been done now, and can't be undone. The best thing would be to take whatever steps are necessary to make sure there is no repeat.

In WW2, German soldiers put on American uniforms and snuck behind the lines to disrupt our advance through the European continent. Those soldiers were caught, lined up, and executed without so much as a trial. The Geneva Convention only applies to those who follow its rules and those who do not follow the rules, are given no protection under its accords.

You talk of PR disasters... How much of a PR disaster was 9/11 for Bin Laden? Wars are not won by being politically correct, they are lost. If you want us to prosecute the war in such a way as to win the PR battle, you are dooming us to lose the war.

That's not to say we should be torturing people for sport or recreation, but simply that we have a job to do and we either need to fight to win - without regard of what people with nothing on the line think about us - or we pack it up, come home with our tail between our legs, and wait to be attacked again.

Since neither president has fully grasped the situation, since both have chosen to fight a PC war, and since there's no sign that we'll actually go after the heart of the enemy - their ideology - we should call it quits and come home.

Taliban wins in Afghan election

It’s sad, but true: the Afghan election is a macabre sideshow. The chatter about voter turnout is beside the point. The country is in flames. What’s needed is to defeat the Taliban, once and for all, by military means–a goal that Washington has given up on: See Barack Obama’s admission on this point. Gen. Stanley McChrystal, the top U.S. commander there, believes the outlook is horrendous. Summing up his view, the WSJ headlined its story: “Taliban Now Winning.” And things are getting worse. Depressingly, Washington has reconciled itself to allowing the Taliban to remain a major force in the region.

In WW2, German soldiers put on American uniforms and snuck behind the lines to disrupt our advance through the European continent. Those soldiers were caught, lined up, and executed without so much as a trial. The Geneva Convention only applies to those who follow its rules and those who do not follow the rules, are given no protection under its accords.

You talk of PR disasters... How much of a PR disaster was 9/11 for Bin Laden? Wars are not won by being politically correct, they are lost. If you want us to prosecute the war in such a way as to win the PR battle, you are dooming us to lose the war.

That's not to say we should be torturing people for sport or recreation, but simply that we have a job to do and we either need to fight to win - without regard of what people with nothing on the line think about us - or we pack it up, come home with our tail between our legs, and wait to be attacked again.

Since neither president has fully grasped the situation, since both have chosen to fight a PC war, and since there's no sign that we'll actually go after the heart of the enemy - their ideology - we should call it quits and come home.

So, getting drunk and dancing around naked, drinking shots out of butt cracks, being totally uncivilized in a foreign land is OK??? That is the image we want the world to have of us? I don't think so.

My point wasn't about being "PC" and had nothing to do with torture. It had to do with the kinds of people we seem to have representing this nation.

No wonder the Taliban is growing in power if people see debauchery as the alternative. Putting up such an image for all the world to see is hardly going after their ideology.

Yes, we need to go after the Taliban and their ideology. What this incident has done is to take us backward several steps in that goal.

So, getting drunk and dancing around naked, drinking shots out of butt cracks, being totally uncivilized in a foreign land is OK??? That is the image we want the world to have of us? I don't think so.
I agree, more or less, but what is the alternative? A totalitarian state that rivals the state which the Taliban would build to prevent such debauchery?

My point wasn't about being "PC" and had nothing to do with torture. It had to do with the kinds of people we seem to have representing this nation.
You are correct, in this particular thread you haven't talked about the need for a PC war but nevertheless, you have called for no less elsewhere.

No wonder the Taliban is growing in power if people see debauchery as the alternative. Putting up such an image for all the world to see is hardly going after their ideology.
That is the usual spotlight fallacy at work, the people who get the most media attention are said to be indicative of the whole group. Rather than pretend its true, you should point out the fallacy.

Yes, we need to go after the Taliban and their ideology. What this incident has done is to take us backward several steps in that goal.
We didn't go after the Ideology under Bush, we're not going after it under Obama, there's no reason to believe we will undertake that necessary step in the right direction any time soon, if ever.

This incident doesn't have to be a setback. We can establish that we don't support or condone this behavior and level the proper punishment against those involved. As I understand it, those punative actions have already been taken, therefore your bemoaning the fact that it happened seems a bit like crying over spilled milk.

OK, Folks, lets keep this on topic.

I have read a few articles about the topic and it sounds like things got out of hand, and there was a total breakdown of discipline among this group of very highly paid and what should otherwise be very highly professional "contractors."

First and foremost, I want to know why in the heck the US Marines are not protecting that embassy. Isnt that part of the routine duties of the Marines going back literally hundreds of years?

I say get rid of these mercenaries and replace them with a batallion of Marines.

Werbung:
OK, Folks, lets keep this on topic.

I have read a few articles about the topic and it sounds like things got out of hand, and there was a total breakdown of discipline among this group of very highly paid and what should otherwise be very highly professional "contractors."

First and foremost, I want to know why in the heck the US Marines are not protecting that embassy. Isnt that part of the routine duties of the Marines going back literally hundreds of years?

I say get rid of these mercenaries and replace them with a batallion of Marines.

I'm not unappreciative about the high stress job that they are providing over there but it's not like they don't know what the environment is, what the job entails and the stress factors that they face. While I concur that everyone needs some R & R down time to unwind this was above and beyond the 'norm' and was a sad state of affairs/reflection/impact/lack of morals for how Americans are perceived in a foreign country! These examples just bolster the enemies ability to say: "keep these foreigners out of our country" and the good guys get another black eye!

I say get rid of these mercenaries and replace them with a battalion of Marines.
Couldn't agree more ;)

Back