North Korea launches Rocket

Yeah.....that's why he reimplemented The Clinton Way, regarding North Korea.

:rolleyes:

Yeah......you and Gramps McBush .....

:rolleyes:

So the sit back and do nothing method, or wait the bomb an aspirin factory in the middle of the night killing a janitor policy.......which Clinton foreign policy method? No wait the turn a blind eye while they build a stock pile method is that the one?

I have to ask, "Do you honestly think this was handled that brilliantly"? Don't respond with some ad or article, I want to see you type an answer of your own out. And if you do think it was handled brilliantly, Why?

Werbung:
Well, folks......it's lookin' like Joe Biden was RIGHT!

:p

That's it? A single missile launch by North Korea?

For once in the entire time I've known you, I hope you are right. This is about all the test I think Obama can handle... by doing nothing. Anything more tough than that, Obama would shatter like a Barney Frank being asked why he supported Fannie Mae into bankruptcy.

Well, folks......it's lookin' like Joe Biden was RIGHT!

:p

So far our response has been less than wonderful in my view. Now that the UN is unable to agree on any condemnation, will you declare Obama a unilateralist if he acts outside the bounds of the UN?

So the sit back and do nothing method, or wait the bomb an aspirin factory in the middle of the night killing a janitor policy.......which Clinton foreign policy method? No wait the turn a blind eye while they build a stock pile method is that the one?

I have to ask, "Do you honestly think this was handled that brilliantly"? Don't respond with some ad or article, I want to see you type an answer of your own out. And if you do think it was handled brilliantly, Why?

well brainchild, maybe you could care to look at the Intel that we had showing that it was a front for a wmd program.. Or that we also attacked Al Qaeda bases in Afghanistan missing Bin Laden by a hour ( due to being tipped off by Pakistan Intel ) and watching most republicans not attack it as to little, but for doing anything at all.

So far our response has been less than wonderful in my view. Now that the UN is unable to agree on any condemnation, will you declare Obama a unilateralist if he acts outside the bounds of the UN?

to be fair, we dont know what our response is yet. personally I think most options we have are to light, or to harsh, and not many good options in the middle. At least it was a pure failed launch again..showing that while we need to be concerned, they have yet to actually have a test of any of these work. Time is on our side, not theres. Not that we should wait to long of course, but better to be smart and take time then a rushed foolish reaction..something I would have expected of Bush.

Obama is not going to do anything, he will cave with crazy kim and the crazy president of Iran too. The UN wont do anything either.

Werbung:
to be fair, we dont know what our response is yet. Personally I think most options we have are to light, or to harsh, and not many good options in the middle.

What we are sure of is that any possible option in the UN has been eliminated. Russia and China have blocked even an initial condemnation of the action. This missile test was a clear violation of North Korea's UN obligations, but with China and Russia holding veto power, the only real options the US has are outside of the UN.

I would wager Obama does not want to take this route. If he does he will need to do some major PR explaining why Bush doing it was bad and his actions are not.

At least it was a pure failed launch again..showing that while we need to be concerned, they have yet to actually have a test of any of these work. Time is on our side, not theres. Not that we should wait to long of course, but better to be smart and take time then a rushed foolish reaction..something I would have expected of Bush.

Well, it did fail if the goal was to "launch a satellite." However, if it was a ballistic missile test, having it "fall into the ocean" does not mean that it was a failure necessarily. I have yet to see a report on if each phase of the missile was able to deploy. If it did, the missile test is really a success.

On top of that, it is a success for North Korean missile exports. North Korean exports missile technology to numerous other nations, and this test, and a complete lack of US response at this point, seems to (at least in my mind) give legitimacy to North Korea in the eyes of their customers.

Back