North Korea violates International Law - No One Cares

Why don't you and others like you take Israel's violation of UN Security Council Resolutions just as seriously? And since you don't, how can you be considered anything other than hypocritical?

Did you get to meet Saxon? He hates Jews too you know...

You're just engaging in equivocation. There is a huge difference between an Israeli settlement and ballistic missile tests, especially since the missiles will eventually carry nuclear warheads. Is there any danger of a settlement exploding in a fiery ball of nuclear death? Well, I guess there is but only if your friends Akhmed and Dajhi show up there after visiting the mullahs in Iran.

How is Akhmed anyway? You guys still pen pals?

Werbung:
First of all, I'm amused by the idea that some would argue we should allow the UN to deal with N.Korea, but the United States should not. (I am not being specific to this thread, just a general feeling I get talking to various peoples)

Who makes up the bulk of UN troops? Who pays for most of UN expenses?

To me, it's a bit like saying "We shouldn't get involved. Instead let send the U.S. in" Errr.... alrighty then.

Second, can someone tell me of a situation in which UN actually accomplished something? When I mean accomplish, I don't mean successfully patrolling a cease-fire zone that was accomplished without UN help.

People seem to have this idea that if two sides have a massive war, and then agree to a cease fire after the blood bath is over, that if the UN shows up after everything is done and over with, that simply by patrolling the cease-fire area means they accomplished peace.

Can anyone point to any prior situation in which the UN actually showed up, fought a battle, or war, or anything really, and actually succeeded in _________ (fill in the blank). Thus far, I can't cite a single example of UN accomplishment.

Unless you count successfully allow Saddam Hussein to skirt UN sanctions and weapons investigators for roughly 10 years, causing the US to finely have to step in and kick his butt.

First of all, I'm amused by the idea that some would argue we should allow the UN to deal with N.Korea, but the United States should not. (I am not being specific to this thread, just a general feeling I get talking to various peoples)

Who makes up the bulk of UN troops? Who pays for most of UN expenses?

To me, it's a bit like saying "We shouldn't get involved. Instead let send the U.S. in" Errr.... alrighty then.

Second, can someone tell me of a situation in which UN actually accomplished something? When I mean accomplish, I don't mean successfully patrolling a cease-fire zone that was accomplished without UN help.

People seem to have this idea that if two sides have a massive war, and then agree to a cease fire after the blood bath is over, that if the UN shows up after everything is done and over with, that simply by patrolling the cease-fire area means they accomplished peace.

Can anyone point to any prior situation in which the UN actually showed up, fought a battle, or war, or anything really, and actually succeeded in _________ (fill in the blank). Thus far, I can't cite a single example of UN accomplishment.

Unless you count successfully allow Saddam Hussein to skirt UN sanctions and weapons investigators for roughly 10 years, causing the US to finely have to step in and kick his butt.

When we do it under the UN banner people dont freak out and pee their pants. Thats all I am sayin :)

Why don't you and others like you take Israel's violation of UN Security Council Resolutions just as seriously? And since you don't, how can you be considered anything other than hypocritical?

Well, I can't speak for others, but the majority of Conservatives are not hypocritical about this at all.

In fact you are the only person thus far that I know is a hypocrite.

See... we don't care about UN resolutions. The vast majority of the right doesn't give two ***** about UN resolutions. We didn't care before, we don't care now.

I personally have no problem with Israel completely ignoring the UN in it's entirety. I didn't care about the UN when Bush went into Iraq. In fact I think Bush did a major disservice by not ignoring the UN, and should have begun the invasion at the very start. Any good military lead knows you don't warn your enemy of an attack, and then hold off for 1 to 2 years.

So honestly, we have been completely consistent in our views that the UN is a pathetic and worthless, and unimportant organizations of useless bureaucrats. They have no authority, they shouldn't have authority, and we shouldn't bother to give them the time of day, let alone fund them, or give them control of our units, or pretend they have any rights or laws above that of our sovereign nation.

Ah but the point is:
You leftists are the ones who claimed that UN resolutions were so important. You leftists claimed everyone should be subject to their authority. You leftists claimed Bush was somehow "engaging in an illegal war" because we didn't follow some stupid UN B.S. You leftists are the ones who hold the UN in such high regard. You leftists claimed we should follow their edicts.

Yet.... Here N.Korea completely ignores UN resolutions. Huh... where's the outcry? Where's the shouts of violating the UN? Where's the rant pages, and endless threads on how N.Korea is going to alienate the entire world? Where's the claims that Kim Jong-il is the worst president of N.Korea ever? Where's the claims Kim Jong-il should be impeached and stand trial for the "illegal launch of missiles" and other BS leftist crap?

The bottom line is this.... You are the hypocrites. You are the bigots. You are the ones with the double standards. You are the ones who use UN resolutions when it fits with your scummy ways, but ignore them when they don't. Immoral, bankrupt of character, and empty of virtue. Prideful, boastful, arrogant, yet not one redeeming quality in any of you.

Even when your blemishes are mirrored before the eyes of everyone here, you instead claim that we are like you, as if that would make your arrogant hypocrisy any better. But we are nothing like you at all.

Did you get to meet Saxon? He hates Jews too you know...

You're just engaging in equivocation. There is a huge difference between an Israeli settlement and ballistic missile tests, especially since the missiles will eventually carry nuclear warheads. Is there any danger of a settlement exploding in a fiery ball of nuclear death? Well, I guess there is but only if your friends Akhmed and Dajhi show up there after visiting the mullahs in Iran.

How is Akhmed anyway? You guys still pen pals?

we keep forgeting you cant attack Israel without it being about jews.....:rolleyes:

we keep forgeting you cant attack Israel without it being about jews.....:rolleyes:

Did he say that you can't attack Israel and not be about the Jews? Or did he say that Saxon was an anti-semite? Funny how reading comprehension is not the bigot way.

However I must take issue with this blatant use of rhetorical hyperbole...

They make for great comic relief. ;)

Of the leftists on this forum, which is the audience to which I was speaking, what redeeming quality can you find in any of them? They have never had a consistent standard. They are always hypocritical. They always have a supreme arrogance. They pretend that the wrong actions of others, is bad for them to do, but validates what they do. They can't formulate a reasonable argument, yet routinely bring up such important topics like how Sarah Palin signed a letter, yet ignore such unimportant topics as the economy and how Obama's policy has failed.

If it is rhetorical hyperbole, then explain to me which one of the leftists on this forum has ever shown own iota of decency or honor, in either judgment or argument. One single example would suffice.

Even in the post directly above, the poster couldn't simply read what was written, but instead invented a straw man to then attack, with sarcasm no less. A perfect example of the empty, pathetic responses people on this forum have to put up with. Not decent enough to simply respond to what was said, but to invent something to respond to.

You understand you are talking about a resolution that the Carter Administration disavowed its vote on, thus all but nullifying it? I fail to see how this is an example of being hypocritical.

Did he say that you can't attack Israel and not be about the Jews? Or did he say that Saxon was an anti-semite? Funny how reading comprehension is not the bigot way.

kettle black?

He said "He hates Jews too you know..." Yet nothing in the post said anything about Jews...it attacked Policy

Or was I to take That as something else....because I think to most who have passed 1st grade see that as being called a anti Semite...

kettle black?

He said "He hates Jews too you know..." Yet nothing in the post said anything about Jews...it attacked Policy

Or was I to take That as something else....because I think to most who have passed 1st grade see that as being called a anti Semite...

Yes, because he is. That was the point. That doesn't mean that everyone who attacks Israel is an anti-semite, but this guy is an anti-semite.

Yes, because he is. That was the point. That doesn't mean that everyone who attacks Israel is an anti-semite, but this guy is an anti-semite.

Well I figured the two of them could sit around and agree with each other about Israel:

They could agree about Israel being an illegitimate nation with no right to defend its borders or citizens from aggression.

They could daydream about wonderful it would be if the citizens of Israel were "pushed into the ocean" by its neighbors.

They could discuss the cartographic changes that would be necessary once Israel is "Wiped off the map".

And, of course, they could give each other high fives while chanting "Death to Israel!"

3367303179_bc3bcf4b80.jpg

I love that picture

I will never understand why people do not like Jewish people. I get not liking a person who happens to be Jewish but not liking Jewish people in general or Israel in general is so odd to me.

Werbung:
I love that picture

I will never understand why people do not like Jewish people. I get not liking a person who happens to be Jewish but not liking Jewish people in general or Israel in general is so odd to me.

Me too :)

I don't really get it either. Now unfortunately, I have had some negative experiences with self proclaimed Jews. They were really... arrogant and obnoxious. However, I could say the same about other minorities as well, but should I just judge people based on something so irrelevant?

The obnoxious people were obnoxious because they were obnoxious people. Had nothing to do with their race or ethnicity.

Back