Not a Day for Laughing…

celtrenot

Today is a day to remember those lost on September 11, 2001 and the very brave men and women who rose to the challenge on that day and the days that followed. The emergency workers, volunteers and our men and women in the military who have and continue to respond to the call of duty - we honor them always.

As a New Yorker that witnessed both the tragedy and the triumph over adversity, today is a day, like all Americans I reflect on the events of September 11th and beyond. I think about the friends I lost and my brother in the NYPD who worked at Ground Zero for weeks after the tragedy and whose life has never been the same.

I praise the men and women who put themselves in harms way to help others. For those that lost their lives and those that saved lives - you are heroes all.

For the families of those that perished on that day and since we honor your loved ones’ memories.

Putting politics aside and opinion polls to rest, we should thank President Bush for keeping America safe in the 7 years since those attacks. Americans were hurting but were not broke. We were down but never out.

The war on terror was and is the most important role of our President and President Bush has lived up to his most important responsibility and it is the primary responsibility for whoever wins November’s election.

Today I take a day off from giving jabs and laughing at the world of politics, entertainment and sports and instead reflect on how proud I have always been and still am of being an American.

I am proud to live in a country where I can post comments on politics without fear of reprecussion.

I am proud to live in a country defended by men and women who honor themselves, their families and their nation by their service.

I am proud to live in a country where the two major party tickets include an African-American man, a former POW and a woman.

We live in a time when American values are questioned by some, but are revered by many more.

We live in a time when some may question the decisions made by America but still many more look to America as a beacon of hope.

Read more..

Werbung:
Back