Not making this up: Michelle Obama scolds OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WINNER for eating "wrong" thing

Little-Acorn

How blinders-on stupid and robotic can these nanny-staters get???

Sure, eating tons of fatty hamburgers, milkshakes, cheezwhiz, and all that stuff is bad for you. And if you do it without exercising, that's really bad for you. No argument.

But, explain to me how that applies to somebody who has worked so hard, watched her dieting so carefully, and gotten in such superb physical shape that she won TWO GOLD MEDALS AT THE OLYMPICS?? Especially someone who is sylph-thin and so well-toned she makes the rest of her (also gold-medal-winning) team look tubby? Someone so energetic her teammates dubbed her "The Flying Squirrel"?

Apparently this sparkling girl ate one (count them, ONE) Egg McMuffin, long after the competitions were over. And Michelle Obama took her to task for it! And even after she explained to Obama how carefully she watched her diet for years while training her @ss off and getting into that superb physical condition... Michelle came down on her like a ton of bricks. Something, I might add, that Michelle Obama is well-equipped to do, 'nuff said. Jay Leno finally had to step in and rescue her.

God Almighty, Michelle, can't you sit back and think for just a moment, who and WHAT you are calling "wrong"?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Obama Scolds Olympics Hero Gabby Douglas for Eating an Egg McMuffin

By Noel Sheppard | August 14, 2012 | 08:52

America's newest Olympics gymnastics star Gabby Douglas got scolded Monday night by first lady Michelle Obama for eating a celebratory Egg McMuffin at McDonald's after the competition was over.

This occurred on NBC's Tonight Show with host Jay Leno acting as the devil on Douglas's shoulder congratulating her for the splurge.

JAY LENO, HOST: You trained your whole life, you win. How did you celebrate? What did you do?

GABBY DOUGLAS: We didn't have time to celebrate. It was team finals and had to turn the page all-around finals and event finals after that. But, after the competition, I splurged on an Egg McMuffin at McDonald’s.

LENO: Egg McMuffin.

[Laughter]

MICHELLE OBAMA: Yeah, Gabby, we don't, don't encourage him. [Laughter] I'm sure it was on…

DOUGLAS: A salad.

OBAMA: a whole wheat McMuffin.

LENO: It was on a whole wheat bun.

OBAMA: Yeah.

LENO: So an Egg McMuffin. Very good.

[Light laughter]

OBAMA: You're setting me back, Gabby.

DOUGLAS: Sorry.

OBAMA: It's so hard.

LENO: So what were you eating, was it just like protein and cereal and all this. Do they watch you? Oh, you get like one cup of this and two? When you, what is your diet when you're doing that? Is it really strict?

DOUGLAS: Well, yeah, we have to kind of watch what we eat sometimes, and just keep our bodies in shape, and the more protein the better because it recovers our muscles and we like to drink a lot of vitamin D. So, every day I had chicken or beef and cereal every morning. So, it was very good.

LENO: Okay, cool, very good.

Werbung:
Lets see how bad it is on two measures: first the gov approved food pyramid and second my own Primal standard.

Ingredients:

English muffin, fried egg, cheese, and ham (to that list lets add some sort of oil that the egg was no doubt fried in)

1. English muffin. (based on the transcript above there is some doubt in mind if this was whole wheat or not) Either way one english muffin fits with the food pyramid as a healthy choice.

2. Fried egg. An egg is also a part of the food pyramid. I expect the gov would want you to limit eggs because of the dietary Cholesterol but one still fits.

3. Cheese. From what I understand this is processed cheese food. I do not think it belongs on the food pyramid and is therefore an unhealthy choice.

4. ham aka Canadian bacon. Yes meat is on the food pyramid and really this is one tiny slice.

As far as I can see an egg mcmuffin fits well enough into the food pyramid and there is not enough reason to complain.

Now for my own, more primal, standards:

1. English muffin. Wheat whether whole wheat or refined is full of lectins, glutens, and phytates all of which are bad for people. The refined does have less phytates so lets hope it was not whole wheat. All of these three damage the intestine and set one up for autoimmune disorders which have skyrocketed in recent years. Verdict: not healthy

2. Fried egg. Eggs are great. They don't cause insulin spikes, and the cholesterol is really nothing to worry about. the oil it was fried in was probably canola and as far as I am concerned this is a rancid unhealthy oxidadative product - a non food. Dont eat it especially when heated as in frying.

3. Cheese. If this were real cheese I would say enjoy. As is this is probably some bad oil that was further refined to make it look like cheese. Not food. don't eat.

4. Ham. Yummy pork. Sure the pig was probably not raised in the best of circumstances but until we can all afford pastured pigs eat up. And it was also probably cured in nitrates. In moderation this won't kill you and is cetainly better than botulism. Verdict: eat up.

Will one mcmuffin harm anyone? Probably not. But no matter what measure you use it should be eaten in moderation for one reason or another. In fact, it is probably better than some food that are considereed best in the food pyramid.

Lets see how bad it is on two measures: first the gov approved food pyramid and second my own Primal standard.

Ingredients:

English muffin, fried egg, cheese, and ham (to that list lets add some sort of oil that the egg was no doubt fried in)

1. English muffin. (based on the transcript above there is some doubt in mind if this was whole wheat or not) Either way one english muffin fits with the food pyramid as a healthy choice.

2. Fried egg. An egg is also a part of the food pyramid. I expect the gov would want you to limit eggs because of the dietary Cholesterol but one still fits.

3. Cheese. From what I understand this is processed cheese food. I do not think it belongs on the food pyramid and is therefore an unhealthy choice.

4. ham aka Canadian bacon. Yes meat is on the food pyramid and really this is one tiny slice.

As far as I can see an egg mcmuffin fits well enough into the food pyramid and there is not enough reason to complain.

Now for my own, more primal, standards:

1. English muffin. Wheat whether whole wheat or refined is full of lectins, glutens, and phytates all of which are bad for people. The refined does have less phytates so lets hope it was not whole wheat. All of these three damage the intestine and set one up for autoimmune disorders which have skyrocketed in recent years. Verdict: not healthy

2. Fried egg. Eggs are great. They don't cause insulin spikes, and the cholesterol is really nothing to worry about. the oil it was fried in was probably canola and as far as I am concerned this is a rancid unhealthy oxidadative product - a non food. Dont eat it especially when heated as in frying.

3. Cheese. If this were real cheese I would say enjoy. As is this is probably some bad oil that was further refined to make it look like cheese. Not food. don't eat.

4. Ham. Yummy pork. Sure the pig was probably not raised in the best of circumstances but until we can all afford pastured pigs eat up. And it was also probably cured in nitrates. In moderation this won't kill you and is cetainly better than botulism. Verdict: eat up.

Will one mcmuffin harm anyone? Probably not. But no matter what measure you use it should be eaten in moderation for one reason or another. In fact, it is probably better than some food that are considereed best in the food pyramid.

I think wheat is the biggest problem with an egg mcmuffin.

Wheat, like all grains, is not good for humans and should be eliminated from your diet. It has been so effectively altered by scientists, that it not only spikes insulin, it causes many other health problems too. It has been shown to stimulate your desire to eat (much like the tobacco companies spiked cigs with nicotine) making you fat. Wheat eaters are usually much fatter than non-wheat eaters. Some think man boobs comes from wheat along with the fat belly. And this says nothing about the negative impacts on the brain and digestive system that some scientists and doctors cite wheat for. Wheat is cited for causing heart disease too.

The American diet is terrible. Way too much processed foods, too much sugar and high fructose corn syrup, and genetically altered foods. Is it any wonder America has an obesity epidemic?

I bought the Wheat Belly book by Dr. Davis and stopped eating wheat and other grains entirely almost a year ago. Best thing I ever did.

Michelle Obama's WH Super Bowl menu

• Bratwurst
  • Kielbasa
  • Cheeseburgers
  • Deep Dish Pizza
  • Buffalo Wings
  • German Potato Salad
  • Twice Baked Potatoes
  • Snyders Potato Chips and Pretzels
  • Chips and Dips
  • Salad
  • Ice Cream

just goes to show what a dingbat this embarrassment is.
she is as gaffe prone as her husband off the cuff.

given a gymnast's training regimen she needs everything in that egg mcmuffin and more.

Michelle Obama's White House Thanksgiving menu

Turkey
Honey-Baked Ham
Cornbread Stuffing
Oyster Stuffing
Greens
Macaroni and Cheese
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Banana Cream Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Sweet Potato Pie
Huckleberry Pie
Cherry Pie

I think wheat is the biggest problem with an egg mcmuffin.

Wheat, like all grains, is not good for humans and should be eliminated from your diet. It has been so effectively altered by scientists, that it not only spikes insulin, it causes many other health problems too. It has been shown to stimulate your desire to eat (much like the tobacco companies spiked cigs with nicotine) making you fat. Wheat eaters are usually much fatter than non-wheat eaters. Some think man boobs comes from wheat along with the fat belly. And this says nothing about the negative impacts on the brain and digestive system that some scientists and doctors cite wheat for. Wheat is cited for causing heart disease too.

The American diet is terrible. Way too much processed foods, too much sugar and high fructose corn syrup, and genetically altered foods. Is it any wonder America has an obesity epidemic?

I bought the Wheat Belly book by Dr. Davis and stopped eating wheat and other grains entirely almost a year ago. Best thing I ever did.

I have almost completely eliminated wheat for about two months now. I too feel better

I read a long article by the guy that wrote the caveman diet book. He said that grains (seeds) are actually poisonous to animals. It seems birds are the only one's that can eat them, according to his studies.

I read a long article by the guy that wrote the caveman diet book. He said that grains (seeds) are actually poisonous to animals. It seems birds are the only one's that can eat them, according to his studies.
In the war between the eaters and the eaten the seeds have to have some sort of weapon and damaging the digestive system of the eaters is a pretty good weapon. Capitalizing on something similar to that the makers of GMO foods have created corn called BT corn which has the ability to actually dissolve the intestine of bugs - it has proven so effective that farmers who don't even use the stuff benefit by the reduced numbers of bugs. Of course it makes me a little wary knowing that the corn that the bugs don't eat ends up in a bag of tostitos.

In the war between the eaters and the eaten the seeds have to have some sort of weapon and damaging the digestive system of the eaters is a pretty good weapon.

That's the theory. Seeds/grains are the reproductive part of a plant. The seeds/grains have a protective coating. If an animal eats fruit etc., the seeds are usually passed through the system without being digested. Thus transporting the potential plant to survive another generation. The inner part of the seeds is toxic to animals. So, when the seeds/grains are ground into a powder or meal, the toxic part of the seeds have been exposed.

Mrs. Obama’s Back to School Message: ‘Exciting Changes’ in Cafeteria

During the signing ceremony for the law, Mrs. Obama said the federal government has a responsibility for what children eat at school. “When our kids spend so much of their time each day in school, and when many children get up to half their daily calories from school meals, it’s clear that we as a nation have a responsibility to meet as well,” she said.

“We can’t just leave it up to the parents,” Mrs. Obama said.

So all those grain-fed cattle, millions of them that the beef industry are singing the praises of, are all figments of our imaginations?

[quote="Cruella, post: 196056, member: 3983"the federal government n'thas a responsibility for what children eat at school..[/quote]

no. no it doesn't

Werbung:
So all those grain-fed cattle, millions of them that the beef industry are singing the praises of, are all figments of our imaginations?

Cruellas statements could have been written with a bit more precision. It is true that cattle are ruminants which means that they thrive best when eating grasses and other plants that grow among the grasses. The seeds of the grass (think corn and other grains) are not an ideal diet for cattle which explains why the largest consumers of antibiotics in this country are cattle. Virtually every single cow in the food chain takes antibiotics simply to avoid getting the inevitable sickness. They simply are not very healthy which means that the meat we are eating is of low quality. Don't get me started on milk - mass produced milk is horrible and I for one will not give it to my kids.

Back