Now that Flu Season is over, how many extra deaths due to Swine Flu did we get?

Little-Acorn

I recall hearing predictions of thousands, sometimes "hundreds of thousands" of extra deaths for this last Flu season. All because the "regular flu" we get every year, was joined by Swine Flu this last year.

So, what does the total look like now?

To put it in perspective, how many deaths from flu bugs of all kinds, happened each year for the past, say, twenty years?

And how many deaths from flu of all kinds, did we get last year?

Anybody know? Where can we look to find this out?

Werbung:
When in doubt, consult the experts. I went to the CDC website at: CDC H1N1 Update

They're estimating total deaths between 8K and 17 K as of Jan 10. Measuing such things is apparently hard to do.

(The usual desperate smears against conservatives deleted)

My doc told me that all cases of flu reported last year, were assumed to be Swine Flu - an obvious inaccuracy, and an attempt to keep people scared.

What we really need, is the number of deaths from ALL types of flu last year, compared to the number of deaths from ALL types of flu for previous years.

Werbung:
(The usual desperate smears against conservatives deleted)

My doc told me that all cases of flu reported last year, were assumed to be Swine Flu - an obvious inaccuracy, and an attempt to keep people scared.

What we really need, is the number of deaths from ALL types of flu last year, compared to the number of deaths from ALL types of flu for previous years.

so your DR is right, all others are wrong...convenient don't ya think?

Back