NY Dealers pulling out of Cash for Clunkers

asur

Do we really want Obama running anything but acorn?

What a joke this Obama administration is!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Hundreds of auto dealers in the New York area have withdrawn from the government's Cash for Clunkers program, citing delays in getting reimbursed by the government, a dealership group said Wednesday.

No way do I want the US government running healthcare!

Werbung:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Hundreds of auto dealers in the New York area have withdrawn from the government's Cash for Clunkers program, citing delays in getting reimbursed by the government, a dealership group said Wednesday.

What??? A failed government program? Gee, imagine that. And you EXTREMIST you! Not wanting to turn your health care over to such a competent, caring group of bureaucrats...

But wait! Perhaps they really meant well...

I think this is funny. Typical liberal crap programs that are not thought out and fail.

Right before obama was elected Hawaii did a health care for all children program based on what obama wanted. It failed within 7 months because they ran out of money. They unlike obama can not just go print more.

I still am amazed that people are so stupid that they buy into this stuff even for the short time the car dealers did.

Re: Dealers pulling out of Cash For Clunkers Program

Remember when this program was held up as a model of a government run program, or the government doing something right? Seems they cannot get out of their own way at this point.

Must be why they insisted all those useful vehicles being shamefully wasted and trashed! If they were running, they might have ran over themselves while not getting out of their own way...

Gov't is now shutting down Cash for Clunkers program by Labor day!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., wrote LaHood on Thursday and urged the department to consider a policy that would reimburse dealers within five business days for all properly submitted vouchers. Impossible!
"In order to capture a sale but also make use of the CARS incentive, dealers have been forced to effectively finance the CARS vouchers for buyers until the dealers are reimbursed by the federal government, placing a strain on dealers' balance sheets that, if prolonged, could eventually offset some of the benefits of the program," Reid wrote.

Dems realize it's a mess and easier to just shut her down!
After all if it were good they would let it run indefinately!

You do not want this joker Obama running healthcare like this.

Gov't is now shutting down Cash for Clunkers program by Labor day!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., wrote LaHood on Thursday and urged the department to consider a policy that would reimburse dealers within five business days for all properly submitted vouchers. Impossible!
"In order to capture a sale but also make use of the CARS incentive, dealers have been forced to effectively finance the CARS vouchers for buyers until the dealers are reimbursed by the federal government, placing a strain on dealers' balance sheets that, if prolonged, could eventually offset some of the benefits of the program," Reid wrote.

Dems realize it's a mess and easier to just shut her down!
After all if it were good they would let it run indefinately!

You do not want this joker Obama running healthcare like this.

The news today said it ends on monday August 24th, I wonder if its our kids or our grandkids who will end up paying for it

The administration needed to put a halt to the program to avoid surpassing the $3 billion funding level. Consumers were on pace to exhaust the program's coffers in early September and dealers have complained about long delays in getting reimbursed for the car incentives.

Basically it ran out of money faster than expected.

What do you think will happen if they offer free healthcare!

The news today said it ends on monday August 24th, I wonder if its our kids or our grandkids who will end up paying for it

$1.9 billion (call it 60%) so far, $3 billion allocated. Does that mean, including the "pre-sales" occurring during July, and the "deals" completed on paper awaiting finalization of the new car delivery is included in the $1.9 billion?

If so, does that mean they are anticipating another $1.1 billion (call it 40%) in the next four days? Is this another situation of some very fuzzy math, or is it possible that ALL the $3 billion won't be spent?

According to the tally so far, 457,000 vehicles are represented. I'm not sure if that is both the clunkers traded in AND the new replacement, or just one or the other. I'd guess both.

If so, that means about 230,000 clunkers have been traded in and trashed. I saw some of those cars, and many of them were quite good. I still see a lot of 80's model beaters on the road, both cars and pickups, many of them lucky to get 14 mpg with a strong tailwind. Too bad somebody didn't think that part through, and develop a Beaters for Clunkers program. What a waste! We could have had a lot of people out there, currently driving huge gas-guzzlers and often unsafe, that could have used the opportunity to trade up.

$1.9 billion (call it 60%) so far, $3 billion allocated. Does that mean, including the "pre-sales" occurring during July, and the "deals" completed on paper awaiting finalization of the new car delivery is included in the $1.9 billion?

If so, does that mean they are anticipating another $1.1 billion (call it 40%) in the next four days? Is this another situation of some very fuzzy math, or is it possible that ALL the $3 billion won't be spent?

According to the tally so far, 457,000 vehicles are represented. I'm not sure if that is both the clunkers traded in AND the new replacement, or just one or the other. I'd guess both.

If so, that means about 230,000 clunkers have been traded in and trashed. I saw some of those cars, and many of them were quite good. I still see a lot of 80's model beaters on the road, both cars and pickups, many of them lucky to get 14 mpg with a strong tailwind. Too bad somebody didn't think that part through, and develop a Beaters for Clunkers program. What a waste! We could have had a lot of people out there, currently driving huge gas-guzzlers and often unsafe, that could have used the opportunity to trade up.

I am sure the government would like to spend all the money, but they wont. Reason being is that the dealers cannot afford to keep running the deal if they don't get paid back. After all, they need to make payroll and pay for inventory. The government has managed to pay back 2% of the spending to date, leaving many people with some upcoming problems if they cannot get the money soon.

Well, lets be real. The amount of spending in this program is pretty small. What the kids will be paying for is the stimulus (Bush's and Obama's), TARP, the bailouts, and the wars.

Certainly we can debate until we are blue in the face about the necessity of these programs, but they are the real big ticket items.

Well, lets be real. The amount of spending in this program is pretty small. What the kids will be paying for is the stimulus (Bush's and Obama's), TARP, the bailouts, and the wars.

Certainly we can debate until we are blue in the face about the necessity of these programs, but they are the real big ticket items.

Oh I know its small compared to all the other money they has spent, I sort of meant all together... all the programs.

I think of it in a more personal way , lets say I am old and I have borrowed a few hundred thousand on my credit card to remodel my house and other useless things that I could have easily lived without and I already know I am not going to be able to pay that back in my lifetime and it will be a bill stuck with my kids after I am gone and I think... well one trip to Europe isn't that much compared to what I already owe on my card, heck why not!

It is just wrong to do this to our children

Werbung:

I heard that the clunkers were being torn apart and that some might be sent to other countries...Why not help those in our own country is what I wondered.

This white house reminds me of that movie brewsters millions. How much money can I waste in a certian period of time and have nothing to show for it.

Back